PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Brady unlikely to sign extension, will test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was seen talking to the Raiders owner.

I guess everyone saw that.

Brady was seen talking to the Raiders owner.

I guess everyone saw that.

I can't see Brady going to Oakland...but it's looking likely Tom isn't coming back here.

Last edited:
I can't see Brady going to Oakland...but it's looking likely Tom is coming back here.

It’s a guaranteed lock he won’t be going to Oakland to play. ;)

Dana White says Brady to Raiders has "legs"...whatever that means.

Sure it is.

You assume Brady's first choice is to come back to play in NE. We don't know what he's thinking. If the Pats offer him a generous contract, and he says no, it's Brady getting rid of NE, not the other way around.

Dana White says Brady to Raiders has "legs"...whatever that means.

Probably means they might be interested. Anything more than that and the Pats will file a tampering claim.

Probably means they might be interested. Anything more than that and the Pats will file a tampering claim.

I think last night was a clear attempt by Dana White to bring Brady and Mark Davis together. From an Raiders perspective, it makes sense. You are opening a new stadium. What's a better draw than the GOAT?

Stranger things have happened, but I'd be surprised as well if he brings football back to Oakland.

Tom Brady prepared to meet with teams other than the Patriots in 2020 free agency

Posting as a new thread since the other post about this was a misleading train wreck that I’ve deleted.

Not sure I believe La Canfora (kind of has a reputation for being wrong) but it’s worth posting/discussing. If Brady is unwilling to extend before FA starts I have to think the Pats will have already decided to move on from him by then - they can’t afford to tie up half of their cap space waiting around on him while other FAs pass them by. But that’s just my opinion.

I'm with you on this. No idea if the report is accurate. Hoping it's not. But if it IS, then Brady is gone. Because $13+million will already count towards the Pats' 2020 cap, PLUS then whatever he'd make in a new contract. Too much money tied up at QB, plain and simple. Brady HAS to understand this. If he wants to be back here, that's NOT the way to go because it would not give the Pats the financial ability to get him the help he needs. Period. If he signs an extension, that $13 million can be spread out, which will free up much-needed money.

BB and TB and RK all know this. So if it gets to that point, he's gone.

This is one big game of chicken. BB is not going to waste this defense and roll with some unknown commodity. They are built to beat KC on defense, that's a good start. If someone like Drew become available I could see it except that it will cost way more than Brady to get him unless he changes his stance on maxing out almost every contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes