PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Brady unlikely to sign extension, will test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Brady is actually a free agent, I am not believing anything that is reported.

That said, I think if Brady hits free agency, he his gone.

Yeah, it would be nice to get some clarity on the matter. Tag me if you happen to hear anything outside of this thread, and I’ll do the same.
Sure thing. It feels like a unique contract situation but I am unsure if it truly is or not. Void/option years seem like they are generally canceled much earlier than free agency begins.

Yeah, it would be nice to get some clarity on the matter. Tag me if you happen to hear anything outside of this thread, and I’ll do the same.
Sure thing. It feels like a unique contract situation but I am unsure if it truly is or not. Void/option years seem like they are generally canceled much earlier than free agency begins.
Two years ago, Brees was allowed to use the legal tampering period on his automatically voiding contract.

Drew Brees, through his agent, can talk to other teams on Monday

I really wish we knew one way or another soon. This waiting is killing me....

Eh, don’t think La Wrongfora has any inside knowledge. Lot of crap will continue to be tossed against the wall for the coming months...

IF the Patriots want Brady back they have to stack the cubbard with very good Talent on O. The Problem is they have too many needs and other Teams are not as tight against cap. Our Best player on O going forward is James White. Yeah Brady going to come back to play with James White when he could have his choice with Five other Teams with superior Talent. Yeah I believe Brady is gone and I will follow him until he's dead and gone.

If he doesn't want to stay i wish him all the best. We will have plenty of cap to resign the core guys and plenty of picks. If we want to rebuild we are in a good position too: I would bring back Thuney, Roberts, Butler and Karras. I would trade Gilmore, Gost, HT and Cannon. If Jules wants to follow Brady i would do it too for a 3rd. Sanu for a late pick too. Ik it hurts many of this guys are legends but what is the point to keep Gilmore if we are gonna rebuild ask for a 1st and more and ship him for the NFC. Jules and HT hurts more.

Last edited:
I see this as a true test for BB. The cold calculating BB was able to trade Seymour in his prime, release both starting safeties, and so many other tough choices. The old BB would most likely let him walk and use the savings for the future. My faith in this team will remain the same and I'm not afraid of the future. After what we saw this year, whose to say Brady even can carry us to another superbowl. At the end of the day, I believe Brady will be here with a cheaper than expected contract.

I see this as a true test for BB. The cold calculating BB was able to trade Seymour in his prime, release both starting safeties, and so many other tough choices. The old BB would most likely let him walk and use the savings for the future. My faith in this team will remain the same and I'm not afraid of the future. After what we saw this year, whose to say Brady even can carry us to another superbowl. At the end of the day, I believe Brady will be here with a cheaper than expected contract.

I agree with your closing prediction but from an emotional standpoint BB wouldn't hesitate for a second to move on from Tom if it was in the best interests of the NEP.

I agree with your closing prediction but from an emotional standpoint BB wouldn't hesitate for a second to move on from Tom if it was in the best interests of the NEP.
But emotion is irrelevant (which is essentially what you said) and moving on definitely would NOT be in the best interest of the team.
If they could do better they would move on. They can’t do better.

I definitely think he would hesitate. After all, this is Tom we're talking about, not Seymour or Malloy. But ultimately he would get over his emotions and make what he thinks is the right decision for this franchise.

The question is what will Kraft do if BB wants to move on from Brady.

But emotion is irrelevant (which is essentially what you said) and moving on definitely would NOT be in the best interest of the team.
If they could do better they would move on. They can’t do better.
There are financial limits to every negotiation.

I definitely think he would hesitate. After all, this is Tom we're talking about, not Seymour or Malloy. But ultimately he would get over his emotions and make what he thinks is the right decision for this franchise.
He might hesitate for a couple of seconds as opposed for no seconds.

I put all this reporting as reliable as the papers in the supermarket checkout line.

speaking of that, I just got back because I was out of both beer and cookies.

and the tabloids have this..

View attachment 25910

I’m pretty sure Tangway writes for them
Harry and Megan did go off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back