PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy: Possibly back on the market?

I thought BB was the only GM-Coach who is cheap and cuts players before they finish their deals?! This is unbelievable!!

Didn't Bill bring back Spikes after all the crap he talked when he joined the Bills? Brought back Collins too. KVN talking crap will not stop the Pats from bringing him back. I consider KVN a 100% lock to return.

Wouldn't be stunned to see Collins cut either.
I don't think Collins is a cap savings this year, but next...

May have fallen off a little, not the most amazing player in the world, but he knows the system and is familiar with a lot of the guys and culture in NE already. Worth something when you're trying to rebuild fast. I'd definitely kick him an offer.

I don’t think that was the intent of the message I was responding to.
I read it as saying the guy who coached him both here and there just dumped him so don’t get too excited that he is any good.

May have fallen off a little, not the most amazing player in the world, but he knows the system and is familiar with a lot of the guys and culture in NE already. Worth something when you're trying to rebuild fast. I'd definitely kick him an offer.
His versatility is a good fit in the patriot scheme.
The base D is 2 DTs 5 dbs and some combination of 4 lb/de/hybrid guys and those 4 spots play a lot of different alignments and responsibilities among them. Kvn is versatile enough to play most of them which helps get the best players on the field. He also can play many roles on 3rd down as well.
He is probably a better or more valuable player here than anywhere else

What happened to the "everyone wants to play for Flores" chatter? Van Noy will not be providing any references to play for B Flores. ;)

What happened to the "everyone wants to play for Flores" chatter? Van Noy will not be providing any references to play for B Flores. ;)
Van Noy didn't ask for his release.

Have you seen our front 7? If he's not too expensive, signing him is the definition of a no-brainer. It would be an even better rebound pickup than Collins was.

Just a note: The guy coaching him (and cutting him) in Miami is the guy who was his coordinator in New England. So that might be worth people looking into prior to tossing out the "sign the beast!" posts.
He was also on a really expensive contract during a season where the salary cap was significantly reduced.

It doesn’t sound like this was exactly performance based. Miami fans loved him last year.

He was also on a really expensive contract during a season where the salary cap was significantly reduced.

It doesn’t sound like this was exactly performance based. Miami fans loved him last year.

This. Just because he was signed to a contract he never would actually be worth doesn't mean he's worthless.

I bet Felger is enjoying this.

Belichick paid 12.5M for 4 years of KVN and a 4th round pick.
Miami paid 15M for 1 year and no picks.
Classic Belichick. Get a guy cheap for several years, let him go for 1 season and get a nice comp pick for it, then wait for him to get cut the next year and bring him back without affecting your comp picks since he was a cut player.

Classic Belichick. Get a guy cheap for several years, let him go for 1 season and get a nice comp pick for it, then wait for him to get cut the next year and bring him back without affecting your comp picks since he was a cut player.
Yea but his record at CLE in the early 90s is < .500

And thats not the record either :)

Collins = 5.3M for 4.5 years and 3-rd & 4-rd picks..

Browns paid 27.5M for 2.5 years and gave up 3-rd pick.
Detroit paid him 18M guaranteed on 3y/30M contract.

This. Just because he was signed to a contract he never would actually be worth doesn't mean he's worthless.
I haven't seen anyone say he's worthless. I admit that I may have missed one when skimming past certain posters on the subject. If you've seen more than one or two such posts, please link them for me.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back