PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy: Possibly back on the market?

Him + ht would allow us to check lb off on major needs. Then we can focus on dl, wr, te, qb. With all tge options becoming available we have more than enough to field a good team, qb is the big question obviously

Expected. It was essentially a one year deal with overblown option (12.5M guaranteed on March 20). They can still bring him back on a lowered market price..

Plenty of dumping overblown contracts from last couple of years coming (now and after June1)

They could but he said, I am looking forward to making an impact on my next team." Probably things were promised to sign a deal like his and now the Dolphins are reneging, so he is pissed.

Didn't Bill bring back Spikes after all the crap he talked when he joined the Bills? Brought back Collins too. KVN talking crap will not stop the Pats from bringing him back. I consider KVN a 100% lock to return.

Wouldn't be stunned to see Collins cut either.

I agree, KVN is an upgrade and he already knows the defense. And he comes back with a large slice of humble pie. I'd take Collins back too.

Excerpt From Kyed article : make sense

If the money is right, it would make a ton of sense for the Patriots to bring back Van Noy to help mend their defense which struggled in 2020 after losing him, Hightower, Jamie Collins, Patrick Chung, Danny Shelton, Duron Harmon and Elandon Roberts. Hightower and Chung are set to return from opt-outs. If the Patriots really wanted to get the band back together, then Harmon is a free agent this offseason, as well.

I agree, KVN is an upgrade and he already knows the defense. And he comes back with a large slice of humble pie. I'd take Collins back too.

Agree would also take Shelton back as well....even Harmon, the only player I want no part of in returning is E. Roberts...he can stay down in Miami and continue to wiff on all open field tackles.

Him + ht would allow us to check lb off on major needs. Then we can focus on dl, wr, te, qb. With all tge options becoming available we have more than enough to field a good team, qb is the big question obviously

I have a feeling BB will do something at CB too. Gilmore is older, not signed long-term, and has trade value. BB might move on and sign younger CB while the market is down. Not sure who but I do not think Jackson is the long-term answer as CB#1.

Agree would also take Shelton back as well....even Harmon, the only player I want no part of in returning is E. Roberts...he can stay down in Miami and continue to wiff on all open field tackles.

I am not a huge fan of Collins - he always seems to fade as the season wears on.

I have a feeling BB will do something at CB too. Gilmore is older, not signed long-term, and has trade value. BB might move on and sign younger CB while the market is down. Not sure who but I do not think Jackson is the long-term answer as CB#1.

True, it may not be a need this year but even if gilm And jcj are back this year they both could be gone for 2022. Wouldnt be a bad idea to get a prospect there

I guess the honeymoon is over.

Reactions: sb1
Guess the honeymoon is over.

For the right price, I can't see BB passing him up. Although, what exactly is the right price for a 30 year old linebacker is the big question.

I think you hate Elandon Roberts as much as clawhammer & Biffins hate BB.

Just a note: The guy coaching him (and cutting him) in Miami is the guy who was his coordinator in New England. So that might be worth people looking into prior to tossing out the "sign the beast!" posts.
Indeed. But have you looked at the state of that position group lately?

This is the first example of what this off season is going to be like. There are going to be tons of good players available and at reasonable prices.
It’s also a great year to be a udfa.

You don’t have to be a bad player to be cut when the savings is 10 mill

For the right price, I can't see BB passing him up.

Agree.

504352.gif

Sure, and I'm not saying that there should be a "Do not touch" sign on the guy. I just think that his getting cut by Flores, when just one year into a four year deal, is something that should lead to a due diligence investigation before the clamoring for his return. I mean, if you take Van Noy at his word, this was a surprise cut, and Barry Jackson is reporting that the team never even offered any possibility of restructure or pay cut.

You don’t have to be a bad player to be cut when the savings is 10 mill
I don’t think that was the intent of the message I was responding to.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back