PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kurt Warner Film work on MAc Jones

Sometimes I don’t get Evan Lazar…

"Patriots beat reporter for @CLNSMedia and host of the #PatriotsBeat podcast"

"Also, I don't know the difference between Than and Then"

As far as Matt Ryan, I think everyone would be happy with that caliber of player, but the postseason leaves a lot to be desired, which I think Mac should be able to surpass.

Shanahan was the reason Ryan got to the Super Bowl in 2016 and the reason they lost.

He did it again in 2019 after having the Chefs dead to rights.

He isn’t good enough to carry a bad team or excel with an average team. Maybe Mac will be. Ryan isn’t the type of franchise guy who gets me excited. Like Rivers, he might have a 2-3 year window to win a championship where the team is completely stacked and otherwise is a wild card round QB.

Great take comparing Ryan to Rivers.

This is the best video analysis I've seen and will help me better understand what I'm looking at on Sundays. I'd love to see similar analyses on the defense and also on line play.

Last edited:
He isn’t good enough to carry a bad team or excel with an average team. Maybe Mac will be. Ryan isn’t the type of franchise guy who gets me excited. Like Rivers, he might have a 2-3 year window to win a championship where the team is completely stacked and otherwise is a wild card round QB.

Rivers is a good comparison for Ryan...I think Ryan's stats will eventually get him in the HOF though (just like Rivers). One difference between Rivers and Ryan is that Rivers was always a fiery competitor. whereas Ryan looks timid. For example, he didn't have that killer instinct in SB 51 to get the Falcons in FG range to ice it at the end. The "Matty Ice" moniker does not fit him.

This is the best video analysis I've seen and will help me better understand what I'm looking understand on Sundays. I'd love to see similar analyses on the defense and also on line play.

Agreed. Kurt Warner is really good at this.

Imagine if Warner was on CBS or NBC doing this instead of Collinsworth. I miss the days when guys like Madden would doodle on the screen and show the audience what was happening. Only a couple guys are good at this, maybe Warner and then Romo, that's it.

Get Kurt Warner in the booth on prime time TV games.

I see you post this a lot. Ok, "a lot" is an understatement. I see you post this constantly. And though you may be posting some truths here, it is also disingenuous.
I will take the heat if Josh gets to sleep with both eyes shut and not have to look over his shoulder for a night.
1. You could name ANY draft or evaluator "expert" out there, and we could easily create a list of their top 10 wrong takes. Even the best are far from perfect in their projections.
It really is a crazy ask. Hitting on 30-40% of your picks is a success. Big success (Borat voice and smile :)
2 @BaconGrundleCandy provides the best and most football-centric threads/posts on this site. Even though I believe my football knowledge is very high, he actually proves it. That is why most here respect his contributions. In that way, he is the anti Dingleberry!
Thank you
3. I do not know whether the list of things Grundle was "wrong" about is accurate as I have not followed your vendetta against him closely. The one that bugs me is the Barmore/DT class thing. Both points can be true. The DT class can be weak and Barmore can be great. But even if Grundle was wrong on your greatest hits of points, surely he has been right on many others? Nah, let's focus on the wrong only because you have a hair across your ass about him. Don't be like the media in this country.
I love being honest and objective. Plus all my grades have been readily available to look at for everyone to see since I'm on here ... before prospects are drafted. No need to lie and make stuff up I have no problem admitting I was wrong or having a hard conversation about a particular prospect or grade. I'm pretty open about all that stuff but most already know that.

I almost feel bad for @DropKickFlutie if we're being honest for a second. Like when he says the thing about Mac completing 50% of his 2nd read passes I actually feel bad for him/her. This was a PFF stat and the poor prick just can't wrap his head around how someone could be so accurate overall but not on his second reads. Like this set him OFF for months pulling his hair out. It was explained that smart people who understand this stuff can isolate reads, progressions etc but he wasn't hearing it lol.

This year's IDL/DT class was pretty weak but Barmore almost graded out as DT1 for me. And the NFL had the same train of thought.

I don't think he can take it when people are critical of players he likes. He's not someone that provides any insight or explanation if we're being honest. There's not a lot of knowledge that comes out in his post and I'm just being honest. I'm not trying to kick him when he's down bad.

It's just people like that often can't handle criticism or things they don't like to hear. And that's kind of where we are now. He's just making things up about me hoping someone believes it. I mean there's a whole the art on the "content post" out there and I never pushed for it lol.

At this point objective and smart people know he's lying, spamming and making things about me and others. I've received a bunch of PM's over the last few months from lomg-time members, a mod and new members showing support and calling him out. Most think there's something wrong with him and again I'm being genuine and making not fun.
4. Grundle is a potato farmer, not a construction worker. Though I am not sure why construction worker is supposed to be an insult. I envy the skill it takes to do construction (a skill I sure do not possess). And the construction worker was my favorite guy in the Village People.
Crispy kettle cooked grundle potato chips?? Ridged or wavy?

I will take the heat if Josh gets to sleep with both eyes shut and not have to look over his shoulder for a night.

It really is a crazy ask. Hitting on 30-40% of your picks is a success. Big success (Borat voice and smile :)

Thank you

I love being honest and objective. Plus all my grades have been readily available to look at for everyone to see since I'm on here ... before prospects are drafted. No need to lie and make stuff up I have no problem admitting I was wrong or having a hard conversation about a particular prospect or grade. I'm pretty open about all that stuff but most already know that.

I almost feel bad for @DropKickFlutie if we're being honest for a second. Like when he says the thing about Mac completing 50% of his 2nd read passes I actually feel bad for him/her. This was a PFF stat and the poor prick just can't wrap his head around how someone could be so accurate overall but not on his second reads. Like this set him OFF for months pulling his hair out. It was explained that smart people who understand this stuff can isolate reads, progressions etc but he wasn't hearing it lol.

This year's IDL/DT class was pretty weak but Barmore almost graded out as DT1 for me. And the NFL had the same train of thought.

I don't think he can take it when people are critical of players he likes. He's not someone that provides any insight or explanation if we're being honest. There's not a lot of knowledge that comes out in his post and I'm just being honest. I'm not trying to kick him when he's down bad.

It's just people like that often can't handle criticism or things they don't like to hear. And that's kind of where we are now. He's just making things up about me hoping someone believes it. I mean there's a whole the art on the "content post" out there and I never pushed for it lol.

At this point objective and smart people know he's lying, spamming and making things about me and others. I've received a bunch of PM's over the last few months from lomg-time members, a mod and new members showing support and calling him out. Most think there's something wrong with him and again I'm being genuine and making not fun.

Crispy kettle cooked grundle potato chips?? Ridged or wavy?

I saw the discussion where grundle is another word for taint. So, when you think about it, aren't grundle chips really just a euphemism for dingleberries?

You are infringing on my territory! Stay in your lane. You provide detailed football contact. I provide smut and tomfoolery.

"content post" out there and I never pushed for it lol.

bgc absolutely did push for the 'content post' banner, and you can tell this dork thinks it means something when he chimes in with a derisive 'nice thread' comment elsewhere. He's like a 12 year old thinking the 'content post' is like this special little sticker. It's just hilarious how bad his takes are given how much time he cares about this, and can't handle it when people push back. Reminds a lot of that moron Kruger on youtube.

in terms of passing ability/poise id say yeah hes ahead of 2001 brady, maybe closer to 2003 brady than 2001. that said, still dont know if hes as clutch. Even In 2001 brady was crazy clutch. The 4th qtr 10 pt comebacks against sd and Oakland. And the drive to win the sb. So far mac hasn’t shown he can do any of that. This is a huge key in terms if where we can go with mac now and beyond.

Right now thats what seperates early brady from him, and its almost impossible to tell how clutch mac is or isnt since its hard to see how much more the qb couldve done in the tb,dallas games. No and miami , the defense didn’t make the late stop to make it possible and/or we fumbled when having the chance to go up, not mac’s fault.
That's really it. Can he elevate when it's crunch time? Brady was/is sick when it came to that stuff. If he's half of that, we will be in good shape.

I saw the discussion where grundle is another word for taint. So, when you think about it, aren't grundle chips really just a euphemism for dingleberries?

You are infringing on my territory! Stay in your lane. You provide detailed football contact. I provide smut and tomfoolery.
Look at us. Talking about grundle chips and dingleberries. Might as well open up a general store in New Hampshire where rib each other. Making the customers feel welcomed and giving them a taste of Americana too.

Yeah, I’ve been on record as saying that was Brady’s fault for not seeing James White who was open and could have gotten an easy first down…
Yea he was looking downfield. Shaq's wiff didn't help matters.

Look at us. Talking about grundle chips and dingleberries. Might as well open up a general store in New Hampshire where rib each other. Making the customers feel welcomed and giving them a taste of Americana too.

You're not from NH too, are you?

I would love to run one of the general stores up here. The smell of the old wood, shooting the shyt with the locals, being able to wave my gun around at unsavory customers with no corporate office to fire me for using my 2nd Amendment rights....

I used to dream about retiring with a part time job as a greeter at Magic Kingdom. You have given me another option!

You're not from NH too, are you?

I would love to run one of the general stores up here. The smell of the old wood, shooting the shyt with the locals, being able to wave my gun around at unsavory customers with no corporate office to fire me for using my 2nd Amendment rights....

I used to dream about retiring with a part time job as a greeter at Magic Kingdom. You have given me another option!
Ahhh the wood smell! Everyday we could talk about how much cleaner the air is! I mean you can breath in the difference, no?

F'n leaf season bro, c'mon gtfoh we'd kill up there. Colors are quite beautiful though.

Back to the video:

I was struck by how tough a couple of those throws were, and how they also required a plus play by the receiver. So I'm just hoping we aren't in for a let-down, because a lot of the time those passes simply aren't going to be caught.

But those throws have put the rest of the NFL on notice that they can't just put 8 guys in the box against us and play the run. So even if Mac doesn't try them again any time soon, they will have a coverage impact going forward.

It will be exciting when Mac gets on the same page as Agholor and Smith.

Remember last year when Cam couldn't throw a decent screen pass? Just no touch. What a difference a year makes.

Mason was completely destroyed on the play by Graham. I wouldn't even give Brady 1/10th the blame for that outcome.

It also took nothing away from the game he just had.

Brady had an A+ game with that one blemish. Mason was not great on that play but Brady made up his mind to throw the ball to Gronk and get the ball at midfield with 2 mins left to go in the game. Didn't even bother doing a check down. Both him and Mason deserve blame.

Brady had an A+ game with that one blemish. Mason was not great on that play but Brady made up his mind to throw the ball to Gronk and get the ball at midfield with 2 mins left to go in the game. Didn't even bother doing a check down. Both him and Mason deserve blame.
A play like that is almost never on the QB though. Don't know what Brady was or wasn't thinking but Mason was beaten badly and the fumble doesn't happen if he wasn't.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back