PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Kayshon Boutte

How’d that work out? Two decent half seasons of play and one unprecedented freak out. Dude is a one man mental ward.
View attachment 51302

Buccaneers’ Antonio Brown abruptly leaves field in middle of game vs. Jets, tosses shirt into crowd (VIDEO, Exclusive photos)

Speaking of Brown, he's supposed to make his debut for the Albany Empires of the Arena Football League today. His agent says that there are NFL teams still interested in him.

‘Genuine’ NFL interest in Antonio Brown as he plays for arena team

How’d that work out? Two decent half seasons of play and one unprecedented freak out. Dude is a one man mental ward.
View attachment 51302

Buccaneers’ Antonio Brown abruptly leaves field in middle of game vs. Jets, tosses shirt into crowd (VIDEO, Exclusive photos)
I think there was a Super Bowl win mixed in there. 2019 Pats might have won one with AB.

And anyway, my comment was about what might have pissed Brady off about his WR's in 2019. Brady no doubt wanted AB, and I wouldn't be surprised that Kraft ditching AB to overcompensate for his happy endings might have pissed off Brady. Certainly the 2019 could have used him.

I don't put much stock into vertical because a WR don't have to jump every time to catch the football unless he's playing with Jump ball Joe. :)

Verticals indicate explosive capacity, first step quickness etc… It’s a useful metric of athleticism.

I think there was a Super Bowl win mixed in there. 2019 Pats might have won one with AB.

And anyway, my comment was about what might have pissed Brady off about his WR's in 2019. Brady no doubt wanted AB, and I wouldn't be surprised that Kraft ditching AB to overcompensate for his happy endings might have pissed off Brady. Certainly the 2019 could have used him.
I've been thinking that AB's situation broke the Patriots run more than anything else. And yes, if he hadn't gone loony and been booted, Brady might have stayed on focus and 2019 was certainly a possible run.

We won 6 SBs, I am not worried about one mistake on a WR in 2019. If you are not failing, you are not trying.

“25 years” amirite…

And it wasn’t just One mistake on One WR during One draft…
Not by a damn sight.

My vote would be that the final straw was Kraft forcing Antonio Brown off the team. Brady put AB up in his house and recruited him to Tampa the next year.
Yup, good point. Another reason Brady left. It is not a coincidence that that he went to a team that was loaded with WRs.

Since Harry was a big factor in the loss of Tom Brady, I would have to say that Harry was the worst draft pick the Patriots ever made.

I know he has some character concerns and battled injuries last year and hopefully that was the cause of a pretty abysmal combine. His 40 times were subpar and his vertical was horrendous at 29 inches but hopefully it was lingering effects from being banged up all season because on tape he plays way faster than he tested.
Do you see a correlation between the character issues and the 40 times and vertical? They, the same as "it just didn't heal right", are just as much an indicator in drawing any conclusion. Each time he's come back from injury there have been questions regarding his rehabilitation and dedication to doing the work required to try and get back what made him a standout early in his college career.

Neither is a direct "correlation/causation" relationship, but his success is likely more tied to him demonstrating dedication and drive than statistical measures in this off-season and into camp. Yes, he has to produce as well, but likely more so produce not just in the actual practice, but the preparation for the practice (the rehab, the workouts, the film room, the playbook tests/quizzes, etc) too.

“25 years” amirite…

And it wasn’t just One mistake on One WR during One draft…
Not by a damn sight.

Just depends if you want to see a glass half empty or half full.

I've been thinking that AB's situation broke the Patriots run more than anything else. And yes, if he hadn't gone loony and been booted, Brady might have stayed on focus and 2019 was certainly a possible run.
Agreed but it ain't limited to AB. A *lot* of WR gambles didn't pan out. Mitchell, Gordon, AB, Harry, Sanu... They needed just 1 of these to not fail spectacularly and 2019 would have been part of the window.

Agreed but it ain't limited to AB. A *lot* of WR gambles didn't pan out. Mitchell, Gordon, AB, Harry, Sanu... They needed just 1 of these to not fail spectacularly and 2019 would have been part of the window.
Agreed - I think AB was the one that broke Brady, though. His demeanor on the field flipped upside down after that debacle.

If this Boutte kid starts flashing, and he’s starting to make his impact felt in TC, that creates quite the dilemma in cut down to the 53 on Tuesday, Aug 29, just three and a half weeks from now.

Boutte could be versatile while the explosive speedster Thornton presumably is more of a perimeter deep threat. Boutte is potentially so much more versatile.

Decisions looming. Pittsburgh would love to claim Boutte off the waiver wire knowing them.

GD, that video on the first page here of a healthy Boutte burning Emmanuel Forbes, the first-rounder, just oozes greatness. I hope he can bring back his glory.

If this Boutte kid starts flashing, and he’s starting to make his impact felt in TC, that creates quite the dilemma in cut down to the 53 on Tuesday, Aug 29, just three and a half weeks from now.

Boutte could be versatile while the explosive speedster Thornton presumably is more of a perimeter deep threat. Boutte is potentially so much more versatile.

Decisions looming. Pittsburgh would love to claim Boutte off the waiver wire knowing them.
State Shhhhhh! don't give em any ideas.

GD, that video on the first page here of a healthy Boutte burning Emmanuel Forbes, the first-rounder, just oozes greatness. I hope he can bring back his glory.
He's healthy.

Thornton is a BUST.

His athletic ability was never in question. It was always his head. If his head was screwed on straight, he could have been a Day 1-2 pick.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back