PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Kayshon Boutte

I think the best ceiling projection I've seen for him (for his rookie year) is he basically takes over Marcus Jones' offensive role from last season. He's a guy you can throw in for a few snaps to get a jolt with a gadget play, and that frees Marcus up to focus on ST/D. Now (and I think we're on the same page here), I don't think that alone is enough to carry him on the 46 man active gameday roster. He'll need to also have a role on ST if he's going to see the field in general.

This isn't to say that's his only role long term, but for 2023 that wouldn't be bad for him.

Booty isn't a Gadget guy; he's not even in the same Time Zone regarding speed & explosiveness as Marcus is. Did you not catch his "performance" at the combine? Pathetic... Didn't even attempt to improve any of those numbers at his pro day either, just ran the 3-cone which he didn't do at the combine (an ok 7.14)

If he can't cut the mustard here as a boundary receiver, then he won't cut it here period.

Wake Forest's AT Perry should've been the pick.

You heard it here first: Demario Douglas - a true Gadget Guy - makes the team out of camp before Booty does... Though Douglas' shuttle times are nothing about which to brag either... at all...

Booty isn't a Gadget guy; he's not even in the same Time Zone regarding speed & explosiveness as Marcus is. Did you not catch his "performance" at the combine? Pathetic... Didn't even attempt to improve any of those numbers at his pro day either, just ran the 3-cone which he didn't do at the combine (an ok 7.14)

If he can't cut the mustard here as a boundary receiver, then he won't cut it here at all.

AT Perry should've been the pick.

You heard it here first: Demario Douglas - a true Gadget Guy - makes the team out of camp before Booty does... Though Douglas' shuttle times are nothing about which to brag either... at all...

I think the post I was replying to was talking about Douglas (though correct me if I misread). It's all confusing because it's the Boutte thread, but I think the two of them (as 6th round WR) are going to be linked until things get sorted out in camp.

But I was referring to Douglas, so really we agree, we just didn't know it.

Let's not too obsessed with 40 times; Jerry Rice ran a 4.6! Back in the day I tried to digest that surprising fact and watch Rice very closely. What I saw was a guy who was able to accelerate on the run and get separation; i.e. he would be trotting along and then turn on the jets and no one could catch him. The 40 time does not reflect this ability. Another guy I saw do this was Jalen Waddle. This year it was Hyatt so I am PO's that the Patriots did not trade up in the 3'd to get him; they may have been waiting on him, but whiffed and ended up with Mapu, but we will never know. Anyway, Boutte has a bit of that; he is not the next Jerry Rice (Rice had fanatic dedication to his craft) or Waddle (world-class speed) but he shows a bit of acceleration.
Anquan Boldin had a pedestrian 40 time too and went on to have a very productive career. :cool:

If he can't cut the mustard here as a boundary receiver, then he won't cut it here period.

I love his skill set Coach cap. :cool:

Boutte’s ceiling is Antonio Brown and his floor is McDonalds. We will know before training camp finishes if Boutte can twerk.

Last edited:
I love his skill set Coach cap. :cool:
i can't remember if it was the 2020 or 2021 season but i watched an lsu game live on youtube to follow up on some draft players...the guy who impressed and fascinated me most from this game was boutte cause he completely destroyd the other teams defense. I was so impressed that i thought we will never pick high enough to get a talent like this. I am really excited the pats got him. I think the talent is there, i don't put too much value on the combine drills here because players sometimes look much faster and smooth during actual games than with these drills

i can't remember if it was the 2020 or 2021 season but i watched an lsu game live on youtube to follow up on some draft players...the guy who impressed and fascinated me most from this game was boutte cause he completely destroyd the other teams defense. I was so impressed that i thought we will never pick high enough to get a talent like this. I am really excited the pats got him. I think the talent is there, i don't put too much value on the combine drills here because players sometimes look much faster and smooth during actual games than with these drills
Love the Real OC aspect this time around too unlike those misfits last year. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Love the Real OC aspect this time around too unlike the misfits last year. :rolleyes:
the biggest and best offseason move for the offense was the new OC imo. This will have the highest impact on every offense unit (also the new O-Line coach too)

Boutte dogged the combine drills so he would be drafted by the Pats in the 6th round.

Seems to pass the eyeball test. Who knows, maybe BB whips him into shape...

Not really concerned with cone drills, 40 times etc.. kid can clearly play football just cant get his head screwed on right.

Well he did get in trouble for being involved in a gang bang with a female member of staff, which led to her being fired. So maybe that public embarrassment made him mature a bit?
From what I understand this rumor was started by the oldrowaggies Texas A&M social media account and is a false story, Boutte left LSU and was unavailable due to academic reasons. Vicious gossip now rules America, disgusting.

The female in question was not fired, she had previously given her notice months prior to this rumor coming out, it has since been refuted by Brian Kelly and Kevin Faulk, expressing Boutte has been leader in the locker room and is very coachable.

Also the female in question made a video refuting this disgusting rumor, and how it has ruined her life, you can view the video on tiktok here:
part 1

part 2

Last edited:
From what I understand this rumor was started by the oldrowaggies Texas A&M social media account and is a false story, Boutte left LSU and was unavailable due to academic reasons. Vicious gossip now rules America, disgusting.

The female in question was not fired, she had previously given her notice months prior to this rumor coming out, it has since been refuted by Brian Kelly and Kevin Faulk, expressing Boutte has been leader in the locker room and is very coachable.

Also the female in question made a video refuting this disgusting rumor, and how it has ruined her life, you can view the video on tiktok here:
part 1

part 2

Thanks for posting that. Amazing how these fake things happen over and over.

Amazing how you knock Douglas for his shuttle while ignoring that Perry's was virtually the same.

Let's not get too obsessed with 40 times; Jerry Rice ran a 4.6! Back in the day I tried to digest that surprising fact and watch Rice very closely. What I saw was a guy who was able to accelerate on the run and get separation; i.e. he would be trotting along, all relaxed, and, boom, then turn on the jets and no one could catch him. The 40 time does not reflect this ability. Another guy I saw do this was Jalen Waddle. This year it was Hyatt so I am PO'ed that the Patriots did not trade up in the 3'd to get him; they may have been waiting on him, but whiffed and ended up with Mapu; we will never know exactly what happened. Anyway, Boutte has a bit of that; he is not the next Jerry Rice (Rice had fanatic dedication to his craft) or Waddle (world-class speed) but he shows a bit of acceleration.
Yes; football speed.

Either way that was before his 2021 season ending ankle injury. The question is whether he can recover that form after two surgeries and ensuing psyche problems. Let’s hope he does!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back