PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Kayshon Boutte

Thornton is a BUST.
This needs to be answered ASAP by the organization. You can’t coach size or speed. But the kid needs to make an impact, create big plays, and…

How about just get on the practice field and not get injured?

His athletic ability was never in question. It was always his head. If his head was screwed on straight, he could have been a Day 1-2 pick.

His athletic ability is absolutely in question, because he doesn’t have nearly enough of it.

His athletic ability is absolutely in question, because he doesn’t have nearly enough of it.
I don’t think he’s as slow as his 40 time or vertical. He routinely ran past speedy DBs in the SEC. I honestly think he just doesn’t give much of a **** about football, which would explain a disinterested and disappointing Combine performance.

I don’t think he’s as slow as his 40 time or vertical. He routinely ran past speedy DBs in the SEC. I honestly think he just doesn’t give much of a **** about football, which would explain a disinterested and disappointing Combine performance.

I don't watch college ball, but thought his story was of a guy whose athleticism was stolen by multiple injuries/surgeries, and the Patriots were wagering that he got some of it back. No?

I don't watch college ball, but thought his story was of a guy whose athleticism was stolen by multiple injuries/surgeries, and the Patriots were wagering that he got some of it back. No?
The injuries are definitely part of it. He got into it with Kelly before and during the 2022 season, and quit on routes against FSU before eventually turning it around. Kelly said Boutte wasn’t engaged with the team during the Spring.

The injuries are definitely part of it. He got into it with Kelly before and during the 2022 season, and quit on routes against FSU before eventually turning it around. Kelly said Boutte wasn’t engaged with the team during the Spring.
Wonder if any of that came from physically not being right and being pushed to perform anyway? Or having been through that and not being completely rehabbed?

He was supposedly not fully healthy at the combine which would explain the crappy performance. Not sure if that's true but the guys on Pats press pass youtube talked about it

I think he’s a true 4.5 guy. The only way we can find out if he’s faster, is if he returns to his pre injury version. I think what he has is, he’s a good route runner with good hands, makes some tough catches. But it’s all about his health. If he can’t stay on the practice field, and can’t play in the preseason games, the best he’ll be year one is on the practice squad or IR.

Thornton was included but didn't produce much last year. As with everyone else on the offense, I give him a pass because of incompetent coaching. That won't last for long if he can't hit the ground running this year.

As long as Thornton isn’t a distraction and is trying his best, I believe he’ll be given one more year, same as Harry was… Don’t know if I’d bet my life on that, but still…
Normally I would think so. But it’s a numbers game. How many WRs can Patriots keep? I figure Parker, Bourne, and Juju are three locks as the veteran core for playing the schedule. Boutte and Pop are making a case for themselves and I think could make the 53 to keep them from being poached by another team during cutdowns. Thornton and Nixon and Montgomery and Malik seem to me most likely to be PS projects as they seem less likely to be grabbed by another team than DD or Boutte.

Douglas have been a pleasant surprise but Boutte is coming on. Definitely bares watching both players including that Corner Bolden have been making plays daily in TC. All Three late round pick looks the part this should make a very competitive roster.

Thornton had a pretty good camp last year until he fractured his collarbone and then the **** show on offense had fully taken hold so i do still hold out hope although this year has been a bad start for him. Its too early to tell with the rookies but if they both keep progressing they might keep both which then one of either Thornton/Bourne may miss out if they don't want to carry 6 WR.

Not sure they will get any of these players onto the PS the way its going.

It's a good problem to have although i'm glad i'm not the one making the decision.

I thought this thread was about Boutte? Did someone slip in and take a ****?

If Boutte can continue this, and a receiver ends up on PUP or IR he could possibly make this roster,otherwise he’s looking like a PS candidate.

Bedard on Boutte:

Boutte has been fine, nice body control. But I don't know how much upside he has. He's not a burner or leaper.

Douglas will make the team. Boutte is possible but I don't know how much upside he has. He isn't very explosive. He's more of a possession/body control guy.

I saw a little of him last week and he looked pretty good. It would be huge if he played to his potential and present a dilemma when cutdown times comes. This could be an excellent draft class...

I am going to visit camp on truesday; hopefully they will be practicing at full speed.

Bedard on Boutte:

Boutte has been fine, nice body control. But I don't know how much upside he has. He's not a burner or leaper.

Douglas will make the team. Boutte is possible but I don't know how much upside he has. He isn't very explosive. He's more of a possession/body control guy.
not a burner but able to pull away from Forbes?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back