PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman & Pats agree to multi-year contract extension [2 yrs, $11 mil, $9 mil gtd]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is an extension that gives him a $5-8MM signing bonus, runs 3 years and averages in the $4-5.5MM/yr range. The REAL benefit to Julian or in other words his thank you gift, will be in the signing bonus.

My guess that when Miguel eventually breaks it down we will find it will have very little long term impact on the cap other than the amortization of the whatever the signing bonus turns out to be. It will be structured so the Pats will have little or no cap impact beyond the 2018 season if they choose to move on from Julian after that season.

A 2 year extension (Per Mike Reiss)?

That's unpossible!

Edelman is my favorite non-Brady Patriot so I am VERY happy about that extension. Jules is such a warrior.

No one seriously thought Edelman was going anywhere else next year, did they?

No one seriously thought Edelman was going anywhere else next year, did they?
It wasn't that long ago that lots of posters here didn't give a f### where Edelman went, as long as it was somewhere other than here.

I predict the next thread will be: "Are the Pats more loyal to Edelman than Brady?"
The patriots haven't done or said a single thing that is disloyal to Brady.

"Do Patriot fans show more loyalty to Edelman than Brown fans did to Hawkins?"
Does tony2046 have a clue? Or a sense of humor?

wasn't that the ball park money they offered Welker at a similar age.

I thought the Pats offered 8m per (incentive laden) and the Bronks 6m per?

At any rate I think because Jules is not the type of guy who's main desire is to pick up every last nickel off the floor, he'll settle for ~$4m per and become DA or Troy Brown 2.0

Great to have Jules for another few years, definitely one of the most underrated players in the league!!

I thought the Pats offered 8m per (incentive laden) and the Bronks 6m per?

At any rate I think because Jules is not the type of guy who's main desire is to pick up every last nickel off the floor, he'll settle for ~$4m per and become DA or Troy Brown 2.0
I am always curious how fans think they know what kind of guy players are. Not busting your balls just something I always find curious.

I don't think though that we want Edelman to turn into amendola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes