PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman & Pats agree to multi-year contract extension [2 yrs, $11 mil, $9 mil gtd]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score

Absolutely love this.
Not surprising but significant.
Plays hard, knows the system and makes plays like these. Great to know he's gonna be a Patriot for life.

edlemantd.gif

HOLYCATCH.0.gif

Last edited:
I will believe it when I see it. :eek::p

Edelman went from a 10-11 YPC guy in his career to nearly 16 YPC in last year's playoffs. You try and shut off his underneath stuff he can get to the next level and hurt you. He has added to his game.

Wonder how much it'll be annually. Guessing he takes less than he's worth. Expecting around $8M/year, it'll be a real steal for anything less.

I'd guess something like 3 yrs $30 MM with a $6 MM signing bonus and $15 MM guaranteed

Hell to the yes...great news.

Loved Edelman ever since his first games against NY Jets and the only receiver to show up during the awful Balt playoff loss I never understood watching that game why he didn't get more reps before that.

Wonder how much it'll be annually. Guessing he takes less than he's worth. Expecting around $8M/year, it'll be a real steal for anything less.

I get the feeling he's going to be playing for peanuts again. Dude just wants to win and play with the GOAT.

My wild guess - 3 years, $20 mil

I'd guess something like 3 yrs $30 MM with a $6 MM signing bonus and $15 MM guaranteed

these numbers seem way too high. his last contract in 2014 was $19m/4 years/$5m guaranteed.

i'm guessing something more along the lines of $14m/3 years/$4m signing bonus.

Absolutely PAY THE MAN. Its overdue.
guessing 12 -14 million extra over 2 years. probably throw a couple more into this year.

I'm guessing it'll be something like 2 years 11m 6m gtd, it's gonna be in the 5m a year range.

They will want it to be more than the 4m a year Hogan is averaging but won't pay anymore than 6m per, they've shown us over and over and over again they don't value the position that much in terms of $ they've given for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back