PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman & Pats agree to multi-year contract extension [2 yrs, $11 mil, $9 mil gtd]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling he's going to be playing for peanuts again. Dude just wants to win and play with the GOAT.

My wild guess - 3 years, $20 mil

Agreed, and for a guy that just became a father a few extra millions are very welcome. He seems that he loves here and just wanna have fun.

The #11 jersey will be retired some day.

No chance. Not for a 32 year old receiver.

It'll most likely be two more years at the same rate hes at now.
wasn't that the ball park money they offered Welker at a similar age.

I think they will up Edelman some this year and sign for 2 more - with basically 2 years guaranteed. And it will be at or north of 6 mil per year.

wasn't that the ball park money they offered Welker at a similar age.
welker got $12m/2 years at age 32 from the broncos. i think the patriots' offer was in the same ballpark, maybe a little less.

welker got $12m/2 years at age 32 from the broncos. i think the patriots' offer was in the same ballpark, maybe a little less.
a year after the franchise tag. so..

Just glad they aren't going to screw with Brady in his last few years. Gronk, Edelman, Cooks, Hogan. There you go Tom. No more 2006 situations.

I believe the rumor was actually that the Pats offered $16M/2 years the previous offseason and Welker balked.

these numbers seem way too high. his last contract in 2014 was $19m/4 years/$5m guaranteed.

i'm guessing something more along the lines of $14m/3 years/$4m signing bonus.

Edelman signed that contract after the only good year he had enjoyed in his entire pro career during a historically bad market for WRs. Teams were worried he was just a flash in the pan after 2013. Those concerns have since been debunked.

However, his price is probably still pretty low due to his combination of age, health concerns, and the overwhelming belief that players are worse outside of NE. I say between 6-8M annually. We'll see soon.

Jules will go down as one of the greatest Patriots ever at this rate. He'll be top 3 in yards and potentially #1 in receptions along with 2-4 rings.

If the Pats win a 6th ring, the NFL HOF will need to start admitting some non-Brady/BB people. Edelman a decent option as a Lynn Swann type.

I hope he at least got a raise. He far outplayed his pay the last few years.

I'm overjoyed he's being extended. I'm coincidentally wearing my Pat Patriot shirt with Edelman's name and number on the back today. Probably my favorite player after the GOAT. Never leave, Jules. You're already a NE legend.

Loved Edelman ever since his first games against NY Jets and the only receiver to show up during the awful Balt playoff loss I never understood watching that game why he didn't get more reps before that.

He broke his arm in the TEN game, and then went mostly on the backburner.

At that point, though, he led all rookies in receptions, and AFAIK, no player has ever been targeted as much in his first game as Edelman was against the JEST in 2009. Just to put this in perspective—the Patriots do their absolute best not to put players in a position where they're likely to fail, and the Patriots felt comfortable saying to Edelman "Could you go out there and just do your best Welker impression?"

these numbers seem way too high. his last contract in 2014 was $19m/4 years/$5m guaranteed.

i'm guessing something more along the lines of $14m/3 years/$4m signing bonus.

Whatever it is, it will gr8ly interest Cooks.

From that Jets game Edelman instantly became a player on my radar

2 yr extension per Schefter. Keep him here through the 2019 season. No word on $ yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes