Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
McDaniels update:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has withdrawn from consideration for the Cleveland Browns HC job, per a league source.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
One person who knows Josh McDaniels said he had “an awesome” meeting with Browns, but it isn’t right time for him to become a head coach.

Browns fail again:

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
RT @footballscoop told by multiple sources close to the process that the Browns were all in on McDaniels. Tough loss for the organization

I thought McDaniels/Manziel in Cleveland had a pretty good chance. Looks like Josh is choosing to wait on his next opportunity.

finally some good news

I think this is good for both McDaniels and the Patriots.

Terrific news.

nasa-celebration.gif

Not surprising. Cleveland is a black hole with a terrible owner and no real patience to get better.

Wow, I think Josh is overestimating his reputation. Broncos and Rams were a disappointment and most people believe that BB and Brady are the reason for the offensive success (which is true).

Lombardi loves BB and was deadset on Josh. I'm not sure if he's going to get an opportunity like this or one at all.

I called this the thread about his interview. Not celebrating, mind you, but I always thought that Josh would be better served here in New England.

He has a great job, a good paycheck, excellent working conditions and a young family who need a little consistency in their lives.

There will likely be other opportunities, better opportunities down the pike. He's plenty young and I'm certain he'll get another chance at a Head Coaching job. But for now, he's in a very good place and doing something he's pretty doggone good at. :rocker:

Wow, I think Josh is overestimating his reputation. Broncos and Rams were a disappointment and most people believe that BB and Brady are the reason for the offensive success (which is true).

Lombardi loves BB and was deadset on Josh. I'm not sure if he's going to get an opportunity like this or one at all.

Matt Cassel helped.

But... NOW who will trade us three first round picks for Mallett??

This McDaniels/Manziel thing had a Tebow written all over it.

Good decision.

No QB, No RB, dysfunctional ownership. Yeah, I don't blame him.

Heir Apparent here if he's patient.

An oppotrunity like what? Another head coaching job in the NFL? Every year McDaniels is brought up on a list for coaching vacancies and it will probably happen again in the future.

Yup. So we wait. Josh is only 37 years old; is a 42-44 year old McDaniels the successor to the greatest HC of the modern era?

Yup. So we wait. Josh is only 37 years old; is a 42-44 year old McDaniels the successor to the greatest HC of the modern era?

I am not ready to consider him heir apparent quite yet. Still feeling good that he will be sticking around as OC.

You get second chances after failures but a 3rd chance after two failures may not ever arise.

Smart choice. The Browns are a long way from being an organization that can achieve consistent success.

I think that is the real problem there. Who would want to take a HC coaching job with a massive hole at the most important position(QB) when the ownership seems to like firing HCs who don't immediately perform.

NEM, wherever he may be, is not takling this news lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3