PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels withdraws consideration for Browns HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking, when a coaching position opens up, it's because the prior regime did a lousy job and the whole situation is a cluster-you-know-what. Sure it's amateur hour in Cleveland. Just like in Tennessee, Washington, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and Houston. Just like it was amateur hour in New England circa 2000.

The whole point of a good coach is to change all that.

Patriots in 2000 was not amateur hour in the least. Read the history of Bob Kraft's decision to replace Pete Carroll with Bill Belichick. He knew exactly what he wanted, unlike the current situation in Cleveland.

Bond between Patriots owner Robert Kraft, coach Bill Belichick - NFL - The Bonus - SI.com

That Josh guy didn't dump us. We weren't even that interested in him...

-The Browns Organization and teenage girls everywhere.

I could see a scenario where if the falcons collapse again next year, they'd fire mike smith, retain dimitroff and hire josh. And they have a great owner, a good QB, and a pretty good supporting cast.

Patriots in 2000 was not amateur hour in the least. Read the history of Bob Kraft's decision to replace Pete Carroll with Bill Belichick. He knew exactly what he wanted, unlike the current situation in Cleveland.

Bond between Patriots owner Robert Kraft, coach Bill Belichick - NFL - The Bonus - SI.com
You must be one of the many in here who started rooting for the Patriots in 2001. Your remarks are easy to say with 20/20 hindsight, but at the time the Patriots were the laughingstock of the league. Bobby Grier was a joke and Kraft was a meddling owner who couldn't keep his star coach, Bill Parcells.

We are witnessing a lot of mess in terms of backstage in NFL, coachs, owners, FO's, and things tend to get even worse since there are several other coaches in the hot seat, next season there is a potential to have a lot of fireing as well.

I'm happy that BB has been our coach for so many years and that Kraft is the best owner you can have in football. Brady will retire, BB one day will retire, but as long as Kraft is the owner I think we are far from seeing this mess in New England and I have a lot of confidence that we'll continue to have winning seasons.

BB installed a philosophy in the organization and Kraft bought it, when a new coach or GM comes to town, of course he will have his freedom to develop his job the way he wants to do, but some directives will have to be followed. With this mentality of long term benefit first, no window concept, no madness deals and no cancer in the locker room, we may not be this dominant but we will not go through what a lot of fans are going in Cleveland, Dallas, Washington etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back