PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon may be reinstated by the start of Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just say: this 2019 Draft have some intriguing WR's what's the old saying? Something for everybody...I expect the Pats to double dip they should be able to get two players who can contribute from day 1 barring injuries. That said Flash Gordon is making me breathe a sigh of relief at our WR position. If we were going in the Dorsett I would look at BB like this.:eek:
Isabella, Ridley, AJ Brown, Deebo, Harry etc. Plenty to choose from.

Plus rookie contracts are cheap that's really the benefit over Dorsett etc.

I still want top draft capital on a WR. First two rounds preferably

Not a chance.

I could see a third and a 5th. Unless BB sees someone he's absolutely in love with I think our top pick needs to go defensive, and our second pick needs to go to a TE. Even if we don't lose Gronk this year we will soon, time to future-proof the position if possible.

We also have to think about the Safety position because DMac is getting up there and we need quality safeties to replace him down the street. Put it all together and I just don't see big draft capital going to WR. I see us making a mid round pick at wideout and either a low round pick, veteran signing or UDFA.

So if Ridley is there at #64 your saying no?

I don't make decisions in March on the value of particular players on the board for the draft. However, I will be clear. I would be SHOCKED if there is a WR in the board at 64 with more expected value to the team than the best WR available.

We have considerable needs at TE, DE, DT. I would expect our third pick to be out of this group, if the pick isn't traded (down or into 2020).

Did anybody really expect us to draft a running back in the 1st round last year? A WR early wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't make decisions in March on the value of particular players on the board for the draft. However, I will be clear. I would be SHOCKED if there is a WR in the board at 64 with more expected value to the team than the best WR available.

We have considerable needs at TE, DE, DT. I would expect our third pick to be out of this group, if the pick isn't traded (down or into 2020).

There are potential steals at TE later on in the Draft, i'd rather take a TE in Round 1, and then going after another guy later on in the Draft.

For me i can see us going more 12 Personnel this season, due to what we need.

DE/DT - Is deep throughout the draft, there are multiple guys you can get this year.

just an aside. The Patriots have been no worse than any other team in the league in drafting WRs..

Not sure even if you count 7th round quarterbacks. They wisely have not spent a lot of high picks there.

Edelman
Golden Tate
Day 2 non-Slot Rookie (one who doesn't suck this time - for once - m'kay Bill?)
Dorsett
The Experiment
Gordon
Late-round Slot Rookie (and I DON'T mean the tiny, unproductive IR-body Barrio)
UDFAs & Vet UFAs of various shapes & sizes.

DE/DT - Is deep throughout the draft, there are multiple guys you can get this year.

There might be many DTs in the draft but how many of those fit our profile. Hell lets make it easier, how many of those can two gap efficiently enough to be considered a fit ?

Once you start breaking down draft options into specific team fits the number of quality prospects in a draft quickly disappears. And you are left with a ton of intriguing day 3 players who need to develop.

Do we know what Gordon tested positive for?

Not necessarily anything.
Many have speculated that it was something like missing a counseling session, which was a term of the protocol he was already on for previous violations.
I haven't read all the rules,etc but my guess is if it'd been a dirty test, he might have been permanently banned already.

Not necessarily anything.
Many have speculated that it was something like missing a counseling session, which was a term of the protocol he was already on for previous violations.
I haven't read all the rules,etc but my guess is if it'd been a dirty test, he might have been permanently banned already.

Pretty sure it was a diluted test sample.

According to FantasyPros anyway.

Pretty sure it was a diluted test sample.

According to FantasyPros anyway.

Pretty sure?
FantasyPros?
NFL Network has a ton more credibility than them. They speculate Gordon could be reinstated by training camp.
My guess is that if it was a dirty test, he wouldn't be back that soon,if at all.
It's all speculation, anyway.
One thing that's not is your jete will suck, as usual.

Pretty sure?
FantasyPros?
NFL Network has a ton more credibility than them. They speculate Gordon could be reinstated by training camp.
My guess is that if it was a dirty test, he wouldn't be back that soon,if at all.

I look forward to seeing you over in the rebirth of the "jest suck" thread for 2019.

Regarding Gordon though, hope he's good to go for camp. Not only for my fantasy team (option to keep him as a 10th rounder), but for him and football.

I look forward to seeing you over in the rebirth of the "jest suck" thread for 2019.

Regarding Gordon though, hope he's good to go for camp. Not only for my fantasy team (option to keep him as a 10th rounder), but for him and football.

I just wanted to give you props for sticking around here.

Pretty sure?
FantasyPros?
There was a report around the time that said he took a very bad turn and it was “more than weed”
I don’t remember who reported it so I don’t know how reliable it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes