PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to SF for 2018 2nd round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady has been hit so many times this season. That's what concerns me. This damn o line hasn't done a good job protecting brady.

And if it is pick #3, I guarantee the PAts will trade it.. That pick is the first pick of day 2 when teams have a day to mull over who they didnt get and trade for him......

Brady's true successor will be found in the next couple of drafts.

Surprised by the news, but would be shocked if we didn't make another move to address our d line before tomorrow....

I have to believe there is more to this than the CB situation you oulined. Otherwise it would appear BB is simply pressing buttons at this point.
Well he can use the capital he just gained in the next 24 hours too.

But if you assume the plan all along was to tag and trade Jimmy this off-season. The only thing that makes sense is that BB wanted to free up the tag. He is basically getting the same thing he got for Cassell now and doesn't wait. Only risk being if he needs a backup this year.

Please tell me you have something more...

I am furious if they turned down a Cleveland 1st for this

Yup. I don't know if it's true that they offered up a first rounder but it would be a major boo boo on bill's part. They would have a player and brissett backing up brady.

BB didn't like the 2017 draft. He did not want picks in 2017 from Cleveland, didn't want to gamble how they finish 2017 season to take their 2018 pick or picks. Now that 49'ers are 0-7 and the QB 2018 class is great, he has made the move. Just a second rounder is a bit low though. Apparently you take what they give. JimmyG had just few months left on his contract therefore it hit his trade value in same way as in Matt Cassel trade with KC

Brady's true successor will be his eldest grandson.

fixed

th_coffee.gif

Gorgonzola was supposed to be the prince! I am kinda devastated about it, but I knew deep down he wanted to play. More power to him, I wish him the best! Can't wait to watch him qb.

Word out here in NE Ohio was that the Browns were offering no more than a second round draft choice for Garoppolo and BB was holding out for one or two first rounders. It is obvious that more moves are coming.
But then what was that business from Adam Shefter that the Patriots would not be trading Garoppolo even if they were offered four first round draft picks? Shefter is a friendly media vehicle for the Patriots. They'd have made him look awfully foolish if the Patriots had turned around and accepted one or two first rounders. For what it's worth, there was a Bears fan who claimed in the comments section of an NFL.com article on Garoppolo last Spring that someone in Garoppolo's immediate family had said that the Bears had offered the Patriots the #3 pick in this past year's draft, but that the Patriots had turned them down. This struck me as plausible when I read it because there had been a lot of talk coming from the Bears organization as to how the Bears were going to make a strong play for Garoppolo, but then we heard nothing about any offers from them, unlike Cleveland. As it stands, this deal makes no sense to me.

that indeed is the rumor

Surprised by the news, but would be shocked if we didn't make another move to address our d line before tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back