PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to SF for 2018 2nd round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn’t make sense ..... they would have gotten a 3rd rounder for him if they just let him walk

A contingent 3rd rounder in 2019 no higher than pick 97 only if they didn't sign offsetting free agents. Versus pick 33-37 in 2018 with no strings attached, in exchange for 8 games+ postseason.

If they think Hoyer gives them no worse a shot at winning it all if Brady goes down than Jimmy does, then it seems like the calculus works.

Still doesn’t make sense ..... they would have gotten a 3rd rounder for him if they just let him walk
It would have been a compensatory pick, late third rounder, likely high 90s. Instead it will be #33 or #34....

I guess this means we will see brady with tinted hair and a receding hairline in Super Bowl 59.

Feels like the team knew something we didn’t about JG and sold high.

No I don’t mean that kind of “high” :)

See I thought they were asking for 2 1sts not because he was worth it but because he was their QBOTF and it'd take that much to pry him away
No one knows that they were asking 2 firsts.

In hindsight a first in August vs whatever you can get at the trade deadline while keeping insurance for half the season isn’t crazy.

They lost half a round maybe to mitigate the risk for half the year.

Not that I ever stopped using the moniker, but I assume I can call him JAG without some people losing their minds, now.

Good luck to Jimmy, I think he is the 49ers guy, they will sign him. He has the IT factor as far as I’m concerned, he’s a gamer. Has passion for the game too, very fiery. Would not be surprised to see him win games for the 49ers THIS season. The 33rd pick is not guaranteed. Jimmy is a winner.

Great move by the 49ers, May turn out to be a steal.

Only one is worthy
Only one has songs written about him
Play maker
Shot caller

Feels like the team knew something we didn’t about JG and sold high.

No I don’t mean that kind of “high” :)
I think they kept him as long as they could and still get something.
Franchising him next year was always a moronic concept.

Beginning of Rd 2 is practically late Rd 1, end of Rd 3 is practically Rd 4.

No one knows that they were asking 2 firsts.

In hindsight a first in August vs whatever you can get at the trade deadline while keeping insurance for half the season isn’t crazy.

They lost half a round maybe to mitigate the risk for half the year.
No one knows if Santa exists either but we all speculate

Ugh that is so disappointing especially if the Cleveland rumors this offseason were anywhere near true.

Wrong personnel and system for Kaep imo.

You know the other reason we didn't trade him before might not be because we didn't get two number ones. It might of been because we did't get more than a second rounder. BB decided to put out the smoke screen about not wanting to trade JG in hopes of getting a one but nothing happened so he waited to see if a team got desperate during the season. This trade was most likely always open for awhile and BB decided to take it.

As crazy as this sounds I think BB finds more value picking in the 20-40 selection. Not saying he wouldn't take a 1st rounder, as trade bait but saying he prefers the lower rookie salary and coaching the player up. Again, I know it sounds crazy but I think there's some truth to it.

Maybe he was holding out for a 2 and a 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand