PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL.com contrasting the Buccaneers' and Jets' draft strategies, Draft buzz: Niners running a QB smokescreen? :

3. General manager Jason Licht has done so well in the draft and free agency the past couple years that the Buccaneers now have the luxury of selecting the proverbial best player available with the No. 19 overall pick. NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes that player might be Miami tight end David Njoku.

4. At the other end of the spectrum, Jets GM Mike Maccagnan can afford to take the same best-player approach because he needs help at nearly every position. One long-standing beat writer believes LSU safety Jamal Adams won't get past Maccagnan with the draft's sixth overall pick.

NFL.com contrasting the Buccaneers' and Jets' draft strategies, Draft buzz: Niners running a QB smokescreen? :

3. General manager Jason Licht has done so well in the draft and free agency the past couple years that the Buccaneers now have the luxury of selecting the proverbial best player available with the No. 19 overall pick. NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes that player might be Miami tight end David Njoku.

4. At the other end of the spectrum, Jets GM Mike Maccagnan can afford to take the same best-player approach because he needs help at nearly every position. One long-standing beat writer believes LSU safety Jamal Adams won't get past Maccagnan with the draft's sixth overall pick.
Hopefully the best player available when the Green Beans pick in the first round is a quarterback they can promptly ruin.

The actual football dropped by Dirty Sanchez during the ButtFumble is on display at the Patriots Hall of Fame. Amazing. I am cracking up just staring at it.

11f2jm.jpg

"And in the future I would advise you not to underestimate the drawing power of the garden state"

Is it really a "Countdown" to oblivion if they're already there?

Is it really a "Countdown" to oblivion if they're already there?
Oblivion officially kicks in on the 50-year mark without a championship of any kind. Right now they're on the precipice, staring into the void.

With the 2017 draft approaching, it is time to revisit the 1980 draft, when the Jets had in their possession two first round picks.

The Jets traded away those two picks to move up to the number two slot. They selected Johnny Lam Jones, an Olympic sprinter. All the Jets saw was his speed but never bothered to notice he had hands of stone. He quickly went from draft bust to coke head to pedophile.

Who was available that was taken with the next pick? Future Hall of Famer Anthony Munoz, who was named to nine Pro Bowls and is considered one of, if not the best offensive linemen to ever play the game.

When you’re a Jet,
You’re a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin’ day!

Well only Two days to the highpoint of the jests season.

Last edited:
Well only Two days to the highpoint of the jests season.
Indeed, the only day of the year where they have a tiny bit of control over their future. Unfortunately for the Jets, they often use that tiny bit of control to make their future bleaker rather than better.

OK so if you're the Jets GM, what do you do with the 6th pick?

Which player/position are you going for? Get some of you on the record so ya can't kill us for it afterwards. ;)

Me? So many good options, it's hard to go wrong. Two safeties, CB, TE, RB, and maybe even a QB, are all decent picks. And I'm all for trading down, or even for 2018 picks.

So many possibilities. Just please don't get another QB who can't play. Either get a QB who will play this year or let the previous two QBs we drafted get their shot. Don't need to add a 3rd developmental QB.

Oh, pulling an "Aaron Hernandez" and just ending it is not an option here. Actually say what you'd do with the Jets 1st pick on Thursday if you're Mike Maccagnan.

Ever hear of that famous "Jet Draft Blunders" vid detailing the incredible futility of your shytstink franchise? Find it and watch...save yourself a universe of future pain.

OK so if you're the Jets GM, what do you do with the 6th pick?

Which player/position are you going for? Get some of you on the record so ya can't kill us for it afterwards. ;)

Me? So many good options, it's hard to go wrong. Two safeties, CB, TE, RB, and maybe even a QB, are all decent picks. And I'm all for trading down, or even for 2018 picks.

So many possibilities. Just please don't get another QB who can't play. Either get a QB who will play this year or let the previous two QBs we drafted get their shot. Don't need to add a 3rd developmental QB.

Oh, pulling an "Aaron Hernandez" and just ending it is not an option here. Actually say what you'd do with the Jets 1st pick on Thursday if you're Mike Maccagnan.
After giving this some thought, here's what I'd do if I were McCagnan.

The moment after the Browns pick Garrett, call the Browns and say that unless they trade you the #11 overall pick and a 2018 2nd round pick, you'll take Trubisky at #6. You're perhaps the only team that can make this threat credibly. If they bite, take it. If another team comes around to trade up, cash in.

If not, take OJ Howard. Helps the running game and the passing game, is a safe contributor.

Also, take Joe Mixon in the 2nd as your fanbase is debased and so hungry for wins they won't care that he's probably a monster. Take Jake Butt since you actually don't want to win too much this year. If a good player gets his dirty laundry dumped on draft day like Laremy Tunsil last year, be the team to get him at a discount. You can be the team to take that risk, since your name is mud anyway and can take the risk that it actually blows up.

Ever hear of that famous "Jet Draft Blunders" vid detailing the incredible futility of your shytstink franchise? Find it and watch...save yourself a universe of future pain.

Well I'm hoping with there being so many good options while picking at #6, that even the Jets can't screw this up.

Well I'm hoping with there being so many good options while picking at #6, that even the Jets can't screw this up.

They always have a top 10 pick. They just can't ever do anything with them. Even when they don't **** them up (2007)

After giving this some thought, here's what I'd do if I were McCagnan.

The moment after the Browns pick Garrett, call the Browns and say that unless they trade you the #11 overall pick and a 2018 2nd round pick, you'll take Trubisky at #6. You're perhaps the only team that can make this threat credibly. If they bite, take it. If another team comes around to trade up, cash in.

If not, take OJ Howard. Helps the running game and the passing game, is a safe contributor.

Also, take Joe Mixon in the 2nd as your fanbase is debased and so hungry for wins they won't care that he's probably a monster. Take Jake Butt since you actually don't want to win too much this year. If a good player gets his dirty laundry dumped on draft day like Laremy Tunsil last year, be the team to get him at a discount. You can be the team to take that risk, since your name is mud anyway and can take the risk that it actually blows up.

Yeah, that Trubisky play could be fun Thursday.

I just looked into OJ for the first time tonight. Damn... he'd be nice. Would help make up for losing Marshall while being a decent blocker too. And theres talk of trading with Cleveland to get their 1st and 2nd. Still enabling us to possibly land OJ at 12, and of course picking up another solid pick with their 2nd rounder.

Mixon? I don't know his story other than he supposedly hit a chick once a while ago. And I heard somewhere people think he's now a good kid who's learned. Based on that, I wouldn't mind drafting him. Just doubt Jets PR will let it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft