PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets practice week news & opinions (including Brady's shoulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should try to get a place near Sante Fe, NM. It's closer to the Mex. City altitude.
We stayed in Santa Fe 9 years ago this week, during Balloon Fest in Albuquerque. Nice place, nice weather (early-morning temps in the 40s!), and enough tourist-y things to do to last the week we were there. Do it Bill!

I am with Chatham and Ken on this one. The drama about the projected number of sacks and whatnot is totally overblown. If the team would be overly concerned with it they would consistently leave more than the 5 lineman in to block. Chatham made this a big point in the most recent podcast.

Also the sack totals are meaningless without context. Him tripping on the GL against the Texans ended up being a sack. The strip where he essentially wasnt hit at all at the end against the Texans also counted as a sack. On the other hand you have many hits that are substantially more brutal and impactful. Those stats need more context.

Is it a great situation ? Nope. But I dont see a reason to hit the alarm button if the coaching staff hasnt hit it either yet. Once we get to a point where we consistently have 6 people protecting Brady and he still gets hit at the same rate I will get concerned.
Well, that's where we disagree a bit in terms of who to blame. Personally, much like the faults in the secondary or even the YPC given up in the run game (4.22), I don't really care who the blame falls on or how they fix it, but it most certainly needs to be addressed. Blaming the media for discussing the obvious is irrrlevant, because it is something of a story. Both Solder and Belichick have spoken about the substandard play on the OL and the need to improve it.

If your point is that it doesn't all fall on the OL, then I'm fully with you, like I mentioned in my other posts, even though the examples like Brady tripping or being forced to run OOB and counting for sacks don't really tell me much because those situations happen every year and are counted as sacks.

But the bottom line is Garcia was ALWAYS a 2-3 year project when he was drafted. We won't see him this year.

I never got the sense that Garcia was a major project. Even if there wasn't much expected out of him this year, it seemed likely that he'd be at least the swing backup next year, and perhaps Solder's replacement.

Nice, nice.

-Matt Chatham

“#1 thing BB & Scar are guaranteed preaching to #Patriots OL: *Whatever u do, don't give up inside move to Kony Ealy. That's where he'll be”

Thinking of the Jets, what is Darrelle Revis up to now a days? Is he done dun? Even for slot corner?

Well, that's where we disagree a bit in terms of who to blame. Personally, much like the faults in the secondary or even the YPC given up in the run game (4.22), I don't really care who the blame falls on or how they fix it, but it most certainly needs to be addressed. Blaming the media for discussing the obvious is irrrlevant, because it is something of a story. Both Solder and Belichick have spoken about the substandard play on the OL and the need to improve it.

If your point is that it doesn't all fall on the OL, then I'm fully with you, like I mentioned in my other posts, even though the examples like Brady tripping or being forced to run OOB and counting for sacks don't really tell me much because those situations happen every year and are counted as sacks.

I am not blaming anyone in specific I am saying that the entire narrative of this being an awful year for Brady hits is more worrisome to the media and fans than to the coaching staff and players given the schemes they have been using so far. There are so many tools at their disposal to take pressure off the OL and Brady (put TE next to tackle, chip with RBs...) and yet they use them mostly in specific situations.

I dont see a reason to panic if the staff clearly doesnt.

Thinking of the Jets, what is Darrelle Revis up to now a days? Is he done dun? Even for slot corner?

At this stage his body wouldnt respond well to be an inside corner. At times in the last two years he was literally running away from contact when at the same time playing inside corner is the most physically demanding position for a CB.

Something minor to monitor?

According to the guys at Patriots Football Weekly, while picking up a chair in the locker room G/C Ted Karras accidentally hit LB/DE Cassius Marsh in the lower leg/ knee area. Apparently Marsh fell, was in a lot of pain & immediately headed to the training room. However, it is unclear whether he was headed there regardless of that particular situation or not.

10/12- Week 6 NFL Picks- Around the 50:00 mark.

PFW In Progress

Last edited:

According to the guys at Patriots Football Weekly, while picking up a chair in the locker room Ted Karras accidentally hit Cassius Marsh in the lower leg/ knee area. Apparently Marsh fell, was in a lot of pain & immediately headed to the training room. However, it is unclear whether he was headed there regardless of that particular situation or not.

PFW In Progress

Oopsie!

Ted Karras - our very own TJ Ward/Bernard Pollard!

I am not blaming anyone in specific I am saying that the entire narrative of this being an awful year for Brady hits is more worrisome to the media and fans than to the coaching staff and players given the schemes they have been using so far. There are so many tools at their disposal to take pressure off the OL and Brady (put TE next to tackle, chip with RBs...) and yet they use them mostly in specific situations.

I dont see a reason to panic if the staff clearly doesnt.

Injury Report: "Brady - shoulder - Probable"

If the "Probable" designation hadn't been dropped for 2017, we'd probably be seeing this line in the injury report every week like we have in past seasons.

According to the guys at Patriots Football Weekly, while picking up a chair in the locker room Ted Karras accidentally hit Cassius Marsh in the lower leg/ knee area. Apparently Marsh fell, was in a lot of pain & immediately headed to the training room. However, it is unclear whether he was headed there regardless of that particular situation or not.

PFW In Progress
Perhaps preparing for their post-playing careers at the WWWF?

PFW In Progress

WTF, really?

I never got the sense that Garcia was a major project. Even if there wasn't much expected out of him this year, it seemed likely that he'd be at least the swing backup next year, and perhaps Solder's replacement.

Me, too, although 98% of the posts here are just guesses, with half of them disguised as more than that.

He basically played with the same injury to his throwing shoulder in Dec. 2002 and finished out the year. It happened in week 15 @Tennessee, and the offense lost 2/3 to end the year, only scoring 7 and 17 in the losses.

Of course, he needed offseason surgery. We're all very thankful that it's his left shoulder this time.
As I recall, there were dozens of weeks with Brady on the injury list with a shoulder problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft