PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets practice week news & opinions (including Brady's shoulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question.. can you jump from LP to N/A directly unless you were absent for non-injury reasons ? Is there a protocol that says you have to go through LP to FP to be taken off ?

I don't think there is. I think I've seen people get taken off in the past from LP the next day on the same week, but I'm not sure.

Certainly people have been on LP on Friday, and then off it on Wednesday.

Something minor to monitor?

According to the guys at Patriots Football Weekly, while picking up a chair in the locker room G/C Ted Karras accidentally hit LB/DE Cassius Marsh in the lower leg/ knee area. Apparently Marsh fell, was in a lot of pain & immediately headed to the training room. However, it is unclear whether he was headed there regardless of that particular situation or not.

10/12- Week 6 NFL Picks- Around the 50:00 mark.

PFW In Progress

What the

Thinking of the Jets, what is Darrelle Revis up to now a days? Is he done dun? Even for slot corner?

Revis is a savvy businessman. I imagine he's not going to risk his body unless he gets paid significantly more than his 6 million. So I imagine a team would have to give him 10 million a year minus the games already gone by for him to play again this season. Or maybe he signs with a team desperate for corners and in the playoffs just before the regular season ends.

Either the playoff idea or letting his body heal so he's in better shape for 2018 is in his best interest. Playing now, I wouldn't do it if I were Revis.

Guess some people got their wish of a Gilmore free game.

Yeah but that's with Rowe playing. Now we're in trouble! :eek:

Found this on wiki page, maybe there's a chance?

Bademosi played sparingly during his rookie season, but gained notice when being forced to play against the Dallas Cowboys, where he had multiple pass breakups.

Revis is a savvy businessman. I imagine he's not going to risk his body unless he gets paid significantly more than his 6 million. So I imagine a team would have to give him 10 million a year minus the games already gone by for him to play again this season. Or maybe he signs with a team desperate for corners and in the playoffs just before the regular season ends.

Either the playoff idea or letting his body heal so he's in better shape for 2018 is in his best interest. Playing now, I wouldn't do it if I were Revis.

I agree with everything you said. It got me thinking that Revis is in a very weird spot. I guess in the end he will end up in the HoF given the spotlight he had in a big market like NY during his best years. But his career just fizzled out so strangely. I wonder if he is satisfied with the money and the (likely) HoF ceremony at some point or wants a chance at a better ending.

What I am afraid this will do is promote Richards to a starting role. He isn't
fast enough to cover a 350 lb. offensive lineman. The Pats have been woefully
undermanned at defensive back all season. Too many special teams players?

He will never play again

Yeah it will be another rough game with Rowe and Gilmore out. But then again if there is an opponent where you can use Jonathan Jones or DMac as CB then it is the talentless Jetes.

The J-E-T-E have more talent at WR than the Patriots have available at CB.

Eh. It is the Jets, we will be fine.

If this would have happened before the Falcons game we would be toast on defense most probably.

It is quite, if not very, possible that this could indeed be the case vs the Falcons.

Nope, they actually aren't.

Brady through 5 games last season was hit 28 times on 166 attempts and sacked 10 times

Brady through 5 games this season has been hit 32 times on 195 attempts and sacked 16 times

Brady through 5 games has thrown it 17% more than he did last year. Which correlates with the number of hits 28 to 32 is a 14% increase. So really he is getting hit the same amount he was last year through 5 games. Now the sacks there is a 60% increase but that likely correlates with Brady holding the ball longer because the passing game has been much more vertical this year compared to last year.
Love you man, but, Brady has been hit more than last year. He is being hit proportionately with the same frequency AEB hits per pass attempt running constant, and therefore the Oline seems to be functioning about the same as last year; but he actually has endured almost a game’s worth of hits (~6 per game) more than he had last year at this time, apparently because they have more passing plays. They’re running about 5% fewer run plays per game NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Rushing Play Percentage on TeamRankings.com so they’ve gone even more pass happy; probably Edelman’s play are used as running plays so they have to make those yards another way, or maybe Gillislee < Blount so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes