PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets practice week news & opinions (including Brady's shoulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's where we disagree a bit in terms of who to blame. Personally, much like the faults in the secondary or even the YPC given up in the run game (4.22), I don't really care who the blame falls on or how they fix it, but it most certainly needs to be addressed. Blaming the media for discussing the obvious is irrrlevant, because it is something of a story. Both Solder and Belichick have spoken about the substandard play on the OL and the need to improve it.

If your point is that it doesn't all fall on the OL, then I'm fully with you, like I mentioned in my other posts, even though the examples like Brady tripping or being forced to run OOB and counting for sacks don't really tell me much because those situations happen every year and are counted as sacks.

Last year sacks absolutely killed drives. 85% of the time it lead to punt. Teams don't recover from sacks although the Pats had better % of doing so then most.

-Side post-

Mo Wilk is one of the most hot/cold players in the league. Amazing how many plays he just quits.

Adams is the best player on the D and not close.

As I recall, there were dozens of weeks with Brady on the injury list with a shoulder problem.
Yes, many, many times in the years that followed.

Something minor to monitor?

According to the guys at Patriots Football Weekly, while picking up a chair in the locker room G/C Ted Karras accidentally hit LB/DE Cassius Marsh in the lower leg/ knee area. Apparently Marsh fell, was in a lot of pain & immediately headed to the training room. However, it is unclear whether he was headed there regardless of that particular situation or not.

10/12- Week 6 NFL Picks- Around the 50:00 mark.

PFW In Progress

Given this comes from the PFW clowns it is entirely possible that one of them was just drunk, passed out and dreamed the entire thing. Lets hope it was that and not one of those rare sober days for them where they actually observe something of relevance.

So, 40 yr old TFB not being listed with a shoulder injury proves that avocado ice cream and drinking copious water works!

I'm living proof that it works. I'm 50 and have never eaten avocado or drank copious water (without any fermented grapes in it) and feel like ****.

Bad news. Scratch one LB.

Last edited:
The OL isn't playing as well as in past years. It's just a fact. Our franchise LT has played sub-par, to say the least. While it's most certainly not all on them, they've been very vocal about not playing up to the normal standard. They aren't opening many holes in the running game, either. It's a fair criticism. Like I mentioned in my other post, it shouldn't just fall on the OL, but they most certainly share some of the responsibility and if it continues, we can expect even more attention and possibly more serious consequences.

I disagree with you. The o-line hasn't been good for years! Brady has been masking it for years with the quick throws. But this season he's been holding onto the ball for longer. And that's why he's been getting hit a lot more. Nothing to do with the o-line getting worse. Although I do agree Solder is doing worse but he's never been that good.

I was actually surprised at how well the o-line was doing against the Chiefs, keeping a very clean pocket early in the game while Brady held onto the ball for a long time.

Guess some people got their wish of a Gilmore free game.

So, 40 yr old TFB not being listed with a shoulder injury proves that avocado ice cream and drinking copious water works!

11 people liked this post. But did they just read Doug Moore's tweet as gospel? Upon further inspection, The players he cited were not removed from the report. They were designated as Full Participation. But what exactly did they do on Friday? Could just be a walkthrough. Could be more. But what you can bank on is a few of them will be on the injury report this Wednesday.

If they were truly removed from the report they would have been designated as N/A for Friday instead of FP. like Solder was.

Last edited:
If they were truly removed from the report they would have been designated as N/A for Friday instead of FP. like Solder was.

Honest question.. can you jump from LP to N/A directly unless you were absent for non-injury reasons ? Is there a protocol that says you have to go through LP to FP to be taken off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back