PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets practice week news & opinions (including Brady's shoulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start JimmyG.

It will help in 2 causes:
- Gives Brady an extended and necessary rest.
- Showcase JimmyG before the trade deadline in case some team decides to offer a kings ransom for him.

Start JimmyG.

It will help in 2 causes:
- Gives Brady an extended and necessary rest.
- Showcase JimmyG before the trade deadline in case some team decides to offer a kings ransom for him.
If Brady needs rest now then it wouldn't be a good move to trade Jimmy. What happens if Brady gets hurt this year? Weren't they already offered multiple first round picks before and during the draft?

Got to win this division game. They are always tough and this Pats team is not nearly as good as the one last season. The Jets are playing hard for their coach this year. Need all hands on deck.

Brady will be there...

3771c4fbbc6fd3a3f27a30c46dacc41a--mister-fantastic-fantastic-four.jpg

...he's fantastically pliable. :)

If Brady needs rest now then it wouldn't be a good move to trade Jimmy. What happens if Brady gets hurt this year? Weren't they already offered multiple first round picks before and during the draft?

Yeah, we've been there many times, there is a timing problem in all this situation between Brady and the next QB. JimmyG seems like the real deal but Brady is still playing like the GOAT so you keep Brady. While Brady is still playing like the GOAT, it is wise to manage his snaps, specially with this O-line giving up lots of sacks and hits.

If Brady gets hurt this year? I guess is a risk you have to take, if it happens, so be it. Season OVAH.

Now if some ****ty team decide to trade a 1st for Jimmy we are in the top 10 of the next draft drafting our next QB. Possibly a blue chip player in a controlled cost for 5 years still in time to learn something from the GOAT. Also all time constraint problems are solved. Its something you have to consider.

What if the Browns come to the conclusion that they can't develop QB's (just like BB realized we suck at drafting WRs and decided to make trades instead) and decide to take that risk?

Speaking in the Browns, I guess we are pretty close to a situation like the Eli Manning/Rivers draft when a player with 1st overall talent (probably a QB) will say it out loud before the draft that he won't play for the Browns if they intend to draft him and demand some kind of transaction. Their level of ineptitude and incompetence in all things football is beyond limits.

I’m sure Tom is banged up. He’s been getting smacked around all season. He should sue the O-line. And it doesn’t have to do with age, even someone 10-15 years younger would be banged up after all of those hits.

at this experience level Brady probably needs about 3 hours to prepape for any team, especially so the Jets whom he sees twice a year, he really doesn't need a week

It's only week 6, so it's concerning, but he has taken days off at the beginning of the week in years past. Hopefully it's just a vet's rest day.

Edit - cue the mast hysteria in the media...

Per Giardi on Twitter, backed up by Loyko. Story coming soon from all the usual sources.

This sucks. And, it's also why have a backup QB. Maybe a game or two of rest would be better over him playing hurt. But, he's more pliable and knows more about his body than I ever will.

When did this happen?

Tom has spoken about how he's trained himself to fall on his left side. This injury isn't a surprise considering how and how often he has taken hits this year.

Get well soon Tom. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

ANYTHING.

Going to merge this thread with the weekly news thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back