PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Make a Trade to Bring Back Flacco

Mainly players. For example vs you guys Mosley was out. Who filled in? A rookie who came from playing safety. That was the leader of the D. Making the defensive calls/adjustments and getting destroyed on blocks.

There's barely enough to start a decent squad with no injuries. Add in the inevitable injuries and this team is still a complete mess. Another year under the system with lots of draft capital and cap space should go a long way to filling the holes.

But sure there are some positives.
1. AVT. Joe Douglas moved up to get him in the 1st round, and he's already looking like a great LG. If Becton can come back healthy, the left side of the line looks good for years to come.
2. The WRs while nothing great, are a massive improvement over the previous 3 years. I'd like to see the rookie Moore get more time in the slot though. Which would mean trading Crowder soon. May as well use this season to develop the youngins.
3. Dline (excluding last Sunday) has looked good. Even with our prized FA signing DE being lost for the season early on.
4. The CB group of all young guys with practically ZERO experience has been better than expected.

Like I said, there are massive holes on this roster that couldn't have been fixed in one offseason. And things look ugly now. But progress is being made imo.
i used to be a member at jets insider until the place melted down and got sold to scout, and its pathetic now... ganggreen banned me almost immediately... but from the little ive read there is a push to dump saleh already...

Sounds like its more your GM and talent... maybe give woody a call and tell him to send a few dollars on scouts?

Way too early to discuss firing Saleh. If things are this bad mid-season next year, then yeah.
Jete are going to be killed by CIN next week, that'll make it 1-6.

Let's see if Saleh survives two blowout losses back to back, the second one at home.

Probably lose the next two (IND, BUF), let's see if he survives that.

Only real winnable games left all season are 2 x MIA, JAX, HOU.

If we're optimistic they end up with five wins, more realistic would be three wins, and just one is still in play.

They end the season against TPA and BUF, those teams don't hold back.

Ticket sales and attendance at Jete games has already fallen off tremendously, the stands look pretty empty.

Da Jete will HAVE to make a move with Douglas or Saleh or both.

I would not be surprised if Saleh doesn't last the season.

i used to be a member at jets insider until the place melted down and got sold to scout, and its pathetic now... ganggreen banned me almost immediately... but from the little ive read there is a push to dump saleh already...

Sounds like its more your GM and talent... maybe give woody a call and tell him to send a few dollars on scouts?

Yup JIer was great before selling to Scout.

I moved over to JetNation. Pretty cool there, but sure there's a loud minority there calling to fire Saleh too.

Another year under the system with lots of draft capital and cap space should go a long way to filling the holes.
After another season of bad attendance, will Woody have the team on a budget like he has been doing for a while now?

Jete are going to be killed by CIN next week, that'll make it 1-6.

Let's see if Saleh survives two blowout losses back to back, the second one at home.

Probably lose the next two (IND, BUF), let's see if he survives that.

Only real winnable games left all season are 2 x MIA, JAX, HOU.

If we're optimistic they end up with five wins, more realistic would be three wins, and just one is still in play.

They end the season against TPA and BUF, those teams don't hold back.

Ticket sales and attendance at Jete games has already fallen off tremendously, the stands look pretty empty.

Da Jete will HAVE to make a move with Douglas or Saleh or both.

I would not be surprised if Saleh doesn't last the season.

I'd all but guarantee JD and Saleh are back. Don't listen to the hype and tabloids.

With Seattle not playing well, Jets looking at another 2 top 12 picks next season. Plus multiple 2nds n 4th rounders. And a ton of cap space.

I'm sure there'll be good progress made a year from now. If not though, that's when Saleh n JD will be in jeopardy.

After another season of bad attendance, will Woody have the team on a budget like he has been doing for a while now?

Last I checked, Jets are still top 7 in home attendance/sales.

But it's a down year. Everyone knows it. Firing a coach n GM immediately would only set up another inevitable bad year or two.

New staff n scheme = a couple years to get rolling.

Does it really matter? I mean, his failures, though abundant, won't be quite as spectacular as Zacky's, so there's that, from an entertainment perspective.

By the way, this establishes a little more firmly that NO ONE in their right mind is interested in the Cam Option, not that the Jets are very widely regarded as being in their right minds.

I sort of feel sorry for their HC, tbh. I'm sure it's a lifelong ambition to be an NFL head coach: now this.

I'd all but guarantee JD and Saleh are back. Don't listen to the hype and tabloids.

With Seattle not playing well, Jets looking at another 2 top 12 picks next season. Plus multiple 2nds n 4th rounders. And a ton of cap space.

I'm sure there'll be good progress made a year from now. If not though, that's when Saleh n JD will be in jeopardy.
You're projecting what a reasonable ownership would do and what a reasonable fan base would accept.

Da Jete have neither of these.

It's only going to get worse as the season goes on with all the injuries they have and the tough match ups coming.

TBH the Patriots aren't all that good this year and we put 54 on you.

Cincinnati with Burrows and Chase will go through da Jete like a hot knife through butter.

White and/or Flecko will spend their afternoon on their arses, either on the field or in the blue tent.

Tom Brady and the Bucs might have 54 by half time.

Firing a coach n GM immediately would only set up another inevitable bad year or two.
So what? They are going to be bad for the next year or two at least no matter what.

Having a bunch of draft picks and cap space is just the potential to improve, not actual improvement.

Firing and replacing the GM and/or HC generates a sense of hope, something da Jete will desperately need after this lousy season.

Look in the mirror and see how much hope you've put in Douglas and Saleh, two guys who had never been GM or HC before.

Ownership knows this, shaking things up is their go-to move.

Fire the current bums, grab some other bums, let the natural optimism bias all humans have kick in, sell more seats and PSLs, rinse, repeat.

Otherwise, go out to the press conference and try to defend the awful team with bupkis for wins while the press screams at you to do something.

Sort of amazing how many first-round picks the Jets have wasted over the years. Sometimes they draft c---p (Sanchez). Sometimes they manufacture it (Darnold, maybe Wilson). I guess they call it "the process."

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back