PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Make a Trade to Bring Back Flacco

Desperate to do what ? While I agree that it's irrelevant to the NE convo, I would say the NYJ aren't desperate at all. They are going nowhere. They should save all their ressources and rebuild. Not waste them to lose with a vet. In fact, you have a guy on the practice squad - a vet - you can lose with...

They are desperate to get someone who can actually start for the next 2-4 weeks because they didn’t even keep a veteran back up who could be a fill in if their rookie QB goes down. You can’t actually play the next month with no starting QB.

I'm not sure Flacco makes a difference no matter when HE is brought in, but the time to add a veteran NFL backup was in the offseason. We've heard what kind of presence Hoyer has been for Mac and the offense, and for all his warts, at least Newton provided a guy who started all last year that Mac actually had to beat out for the starting job, so nothing was handed to him. The Jets took Wilson, gave him NO competition, gave him NO veteran leadership in the QB room, and now are scrambling to rectify that after the fact. It's JETE 101 folks.

In fairness to the Pats, this may be more damnation of the desperation of the Jets than the Pats not getting value for Gilmore.

I was a person that felt that the Pats should have traded Gilmore away in the offseason in 2020 after Brady left, but Gilmore had no trade value on PUP and in the last year of his contract.
Yep they should have traded Gilmore and let Thuney walk. Especially since Bill admitted he knew they weren't going to be good

It's funny because everyone thought Flacco was coming in the game when Wilson went down Sunday anyways.

He played well against us last year until he received the memo that the Jets didn't want to win that game.

the eagles for more for flacco then we got for gilmore. :-O
Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

Super Bowl of course.

But I like it. Someone with the experience to at least let the youngins (oline, WRs, RB) still develop. Yet not good enough that fans will call for him to start after Zach has a 4 INT game.
laughing-lmao.gif

From the beginning of 2020 through present (22 games), the Jets average game is a loss by 14.1 points :rofl:

BTW does anyone know if Gilmore is going to be healthy enough to suit up for the Panthers this week??

Hard to trade someone who no one know is healthy. Just sayin'

Gilmore will be ready for the Pats game. I can tell you that much, Probably bait Jones into a pick or two.

Thankfully the Pats didn't need to face Flacco in Sunday's game. Would have been a guaranteed L.

Yet not good enough that fans will call for him to start after Zach has a 4 INT game.
C'mon, man, you know the most popular player on da Jete is and always will be the backup QB.

Jete fans certainly will call for Flacco after a 4 INT game, be real.

They are already screaming for Saleh to be fired after just six games.

Desperate to do what ? While I agree that it's irrelevant to the NE convo, I would say the NYJ aren't desperate at all. They are going nowhere. They should save all their ressources and rebuild. Not waste them to lose with a vet. In fact, you have a guy on the practice squad - a vet - you can lose with...
We all know how this went down:

Woody Johnson: Do something, or I'll fire you now instead of making you this season's fall guy in the off season!!!

Joe Douglas: Yes, sir!

Joe Douglas, to himself: Let's see, I still have Howie Roseman's number in my phone, maybe he'll give me my next job if I give him a draft pick for that turd he has rotting away on his bench...

Can you blame them though? That team has no identity. Has no focus. Its like a mish-mash of guys playing a pick up game.

Can you blame them though? That team has no identity. Has no focus. Its like a mish-mash of guys playing a pick up game.
C'mon, man, you know the most popular player on da Jete is and always will be the backup QB.

Jete fans certainly will call for Flacco after a 4 INT game, be real.

Way too early to discuss firing Saleh. If things are this bad mid-season next year, then yeah.

Way too early to discuss firing Saleh. If things are this bad mid-season next year, then yeah.
man i havent watched the jete but for our two games...

is there anything there? Is he doing anything to build a team? Is it the players he has?

Imagine. 120M$…did BAL really think that was the move ?

They probably would have gotten a better deal if they made one before his Super Bowl win He was elite during that playoff run. That bumped up his value quite a bit.

man i havent watched the jete but for our two games...

is there anything there? Is he doing anything to build a team? Is it the players he has?

Mainly players. For example vs you guys Mosley was out. Who filled in? A rookie who came from playing safety. That was the leader of the D. Making the defensive calls/adjustments and getting destroyed on blocks.

There's barely enough to start a decent squad with no injuries. Add in the inevitable injuries and this team is still a complete mess. Another year under the system with lots of draft capital and cap space should go a long way to filling the holes.

But sure there are some positives.
1. AVT. Joe Douglas moved up to get him in the 1st round, and he's already looking like a great LG. If Becton can come back healthy, the left side of the line looks good for years to come.
2. The WRs while nothing great, are a massive improvement over the previous 3 years. I'd like to see the rookie Moore get more time in the slot though. Which would mean trading Crowder soon. May as well use this season to develop the youngins.
3. Dline (excluding last Sunday) has looked good. Even with our prized FA signing DE being lost for the season early on.
4. The CB group of all young guys with practically ZERO experience has been better than expected.

Like I said, there are massive holes on this roster that couldn't have been fixed in one offseason. And things look ugly now. But progress is being made imo.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back