PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Make a Trade to Bring Back Flacco

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Because this was too funny to bury in the Jets thread:

It's funny, I groaned when he originally went to Denver because I felt like he still had a few good years left and with their defense, they'd be a problem again. However, for everyone talking about "the cliff" - talk about a guy who fell off it, and fast. Fortunately, he stayed out of Brady's way and wasn't an issue while he was there. But it's amazing how he plummeted at the end...seems fitting he'll be back there again and I'm sure White isn't pleased.

The reunion no nfl team wanted to see

except all of them
I hovered over the laughing emoticon then thought no, there has to be a mercy rule even for the JETE, and picked the crying one. But lullz. Shh. Don't tell anybody.

The old pass interference rule made Joe Flacco. The revised pass interference rules tore him down.

Noone more than Jump Ball Joe benefitted as much from that spot foul than that guy. Talk about integrity of the game? I imagine Harbaugh told his receivers, run 30 yards down the field and when you feel the cb on your back, stop on a dime and run back into the defender. So, so glad that rule was revised. NFL doesnt get much right almost ever. But that one finally was made right.

The old pass interference rule made Joe Flacco. The revised pass interference rules tore him down.

Noone more than Jump Ball Joe benefitted as much from that spot foul than that guy. Talk about integrity of the game? I imagine Harbaugh told his receivers, run 30 yards down the field and when you feel the cb on your back, stop on a dime and run back into the defender. So, so glad that rule was revised. NFL doesnt get much right almost ever. But that one finally was made right.
Was it revised? The DPI was basically half of the Colts offense last night.

what does jetefan79 think about this?

Super Bowl of course.

But I like it. Someone with the experience to at least let the youngins (oline, WRs, RB) still develop. Yet not good enough that fans will call for him to start after Zach has a 4 INT game.

Super Bowl of course.

But I like it. Someone with the experience to at least let the youngins (oline, WRs, RB) still develop. Yet not good enough that fans will call for him to start after Zach has a 4 INT game.
R U kidding? You show up here with THAT bullshyt after Sunday's holocaust? You LIKE it? You must like having nails driven into your eyeballs too...krist..see an exorcist

I didnt say it, he did

In fairness to the Pats, this may be more damnation of the desperation of the Jets than the Pats not getting value for Gilmore.

I was a person that felt that the Pats should have traded Gilmore away in the offseason in 2020 after Brady left, but Gilmore had no trade value on PUP and in the last year of his contract.

In fairness to the Pats, this may be more damnation of the desperation of the Jets than the Pats not getting value for Gilmore.

I was a person that felt that the Pats should have traded Gilmore away in the offseason in 2020 after Brady left, but Gilmore had no trade value on PUP and in the last year of his contract.
Good points, certainly ths was in the equation

Desperate to do what ? While I agree that it's irrelevant to the NE convo, I would say the NYJ aren't desperate at all. They are going nowhere. They should save all their ressources and rebuild. Not waste them to lose with a vet. In fact, you have a guy on the practice squad - a vet - you can lose with...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back