PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jared Goff may be available [update: traded to Lions]

Funny how teams will sign players to chitty contracts and then want to make them available when they suddenly don't live up to said contract.

The coaching staff was incredibly high on Jimmy G and apparently still is though. I think that coupled with the 1.5 games here has most including me thinking maybe he's just not a fit for the niners offense.

But might be a perfect fit for the Patriots. Bill drafted him to run the brady offense
You mean the offense where he wasn't required to do all that much bar stay healthy and not throw picks?

You mean the offense where he wasn't required to do all that much bar stay healthy and not throw picks?

It almost seems like shanahan doesn't trust him to run their offense. In the NFCCG last year he made a total of 8 passes

A lot of these comments could also be applied to Jimmy G, I find the difference in attitude because of 1.5 games he had here quite amazing.
JimmyG took over a team that was 1-10 and won 5 straight games

JimmyG has had success in the Patriots system.

JimmyG led his team to more than 3 points in the SB.

JimmyG also undeniably has more sex appeal;)

Brisett and Trubisky are both 3:1 TD/INT passers, better options.

Brissett, Trubisky, or Jimmy if we don't have to give up too much.

Why are we stuck with targeting the middling crap?

Jimmy G, Wentz, Goff. Yuck yuck yuck.

Goff is the typical college QB running the "look at the coach on the sidelines offense". If the play doesn't go as scripted, he's ineffective.

No thank you

Nobody is taking Goff and that contract. Rams are stuck with him for the next two seasons most likely.

Does he keep the bionic thumb? If so I am in! Always wanted a QB with a bionic appendage.

It almost seems like shanahan doesn't trust him to run their offense. In the NFCCG last year he made a total of 8 passes
Exactly, and they got to the SB that year in his one full good year that people look to for optimism when talking about bringing him back. What's your point here cause I feel like you're just proving mine?

JimmyG took over a team that was 1-10 and won 5 straight games

JimmyG has had success in the Patriots system.

JimmyG led his team to more than 3 points in the SB.

JimmyG also undeniably has more sex appeal;)
This has to be the biggest overrated statement on this entire forum. 1.5 games. I really can't overstate that enough.

Also with regards to the SB comment, see above. He was hardly the driving force of that team and when was asked to make plays, didn't.

Exactly, and they got to the SB that year in his one full good year that people look to for optimism when talking about bringing him back. What's your point here cause I feel like you're just proving mine?

This has to be the biggest overrated statement on this entire forum. 1.5 games. I really can't overstate that enough.

Also with regards to the SB comment, see above. He was hardly the driving force of that team and when was asked to make plays, didn't.

I just feel that if Bill and the Patriots organization is high on him still they must feel the niners aren't using him correctly and they have the perfect system for him.

We see with Tannehill that sometimes guys just need a different system to excel

He knows what the inside of the trainer’s room and the rehab facilities look like more than he knows the offense.

but he doesnt know what the inside of the TB12 center looks like at foxboro

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back