PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the brady vs belichick debate ruining this board or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Brady when he was the humble goat that was focused on this team, he has morphed into a narcissist who craves for attention... the timing is very calculated when he dumps some news about him. Thought he was going to walk away this year instead of possibly being carted away, but no his incessant need for attention trumps all.

Brady vs. Belichick would be simple if Football was mano a mano, but as there is dependency on a lot of other guys and coaching this inane, never ending argument will continue..

But I suspect it is progress as we are no longer arguing about another inane, neverending argument: "Did BB lie to Drew by allegedly telling him he would be the starting QB after he recovered from his injury"?? That only took about 15 years...

Despite what has been said, the fuel for this fire will be provided by Felger, Bertram and several sports talk radio crap stirrers, who know controversy feeds their ratings..
You sound like all the opposing fans that came here over the years to knock Brady.

I mean, Brady is the same exact guy. Hasn't changed a bit. Seriously, he used to get interviewed all the time, did the Jim Gray shows all the time, radio stations. He cried on national television because his parents were subjected to the indignity of having a son selected in the 6th round. The horror!!!!!!!!

yeah but let's get to the REAL question of the ages here...who was the better general...Robert E. Lee or George Patton???

Hysterical(sic) Jokers wanna know... :whistle:
George Patton.

Although I prefer Eisenhower

I liked Brady when he was the humble goat that was focused on this team, he has morphed into a narcissist who craves for attention... the timing is very calculated when he dumps some news about him. Thought he was going to walk away this year instead of possibly being carted away, but no his incessant need for attention trumps all.

Brady vs. Belichick would be simple if Football was mano a mano, but as there is dependency on a lot of other guys and coaching this inane, never ending argument will continue..

But I suspect it is progress as we are no longer arguing about another inane, neverending argument: "Did BB lie to Drew by allegedly telling him he would be the starting QB after he recovered from his injury"?? That only took about 15 years...

Despite what has been said, the fuel for this fire will be provided by Felger, Bertram and several sports talk radio crap stirrers, who know controversy feeds their ratings..
I usually don't seet his much projection without going to an IMAX 3D theater.

You sound like all the opposing fans that came here over the years to knock Brady.

I mean, Brady is the same exact guy. Hasn't changed a bit. Seriously, he used to get interviewed all the time, did the Jim Gray shows all the time, radio stations. He cried on national television because his parents were subjected to the indignity of having a son selected in the 6th round. The horror!!!!!!!!
Yup he's the same person always in the spotlight and super corny in a way.

yeah but...Saint Tony was a tremendous father and role model....oh snap...wait a sec

Yeah…I feel dirty saying anything positive about the scumbag.

Brady is still a POS. He just proved that with his unretirement claim during a war that is killing babies. He needs so much attention. I sincerely hope his body see lots of pounding attention when he returns to play. A couple of broken legs would be a good message. Stay well yourself.

model2.jpg

Brady is still a POS. He just proved that with his unretirement claim during a war that is killing babies. He needs so much attention. I sincerely hope his body see lots of pounding attention when he returns to play. A couple of broken legs would be a good message. Stay well yourself.
This is so ridiculous that it can't be taken seriously.

This need for attention bit is really stupid. The guy's addicted to winning. It's fairly evident he was trying to shake loose of Tampa Bay and it didn't work. He still wanted to play and he was left with one option... return as the Bucs QB. He dropped his "unretirement" announcement when he did because he had to make it know before free agency started... players need to make informed decisions... there's a big difference between Tom Brady and Kyle Trask. Russell Gage wouldn't have signed with the Bucs without Brady there. They also would have lost Fournette.

I feel like its been discussed on 80% of threads for the last 2 years with no end in sight. The same arguments are brought up and its just one side trashing the other nonstop. It might just be me, but I feel like over the last two years its gotten noticebly bad.
The bigger issue is that sports radio has replayed the same show morning, noon and night for 2 years. BB is an evil dictator who was successful because Brady overcame all his bad decisions. Without Brady every potential mistake is due to the fact that he is no longer on the team. I can't take the lazy takes anymore, I have completely stopped listing to 98.5 the sports trolls. The reality is that the team made the playoffs with a promising rookie QB and is reforming. Compared to the Rod Rust team, Cam was the second coming. We are still lucky as a fan base, not every 2022 decision is based on the fact that Brady used to be on the team.

I feel like its been discussed on 80% of threads for the last 2 years with no end in sight. The same arguments are brought up and its just one side trashing the other nonstop. It might just be me, but I feel like over the last two years its gotten noticebly bad.
It's not you.

Best to avoid them.

They struggle to comprehend neither one of them would reach their "goatness" status without the other.

It's not you.

Best to avoid them.

They struggle to comprehend neither one of them would reach their "goatness" status without the other.

On a national level where people have no rooting interest because they despise Tom and Bill equally, the overwhelming consensus is that Tom would have achieved his legacy regardless of his coach. Not saying he’d have the exact same career or exact number of titles, but that he’d establish himself as the GOAT. If you want to disagree, that’s fine. I don’t think anyone is saying Bill was useless and provided nothing. But it seems many Patriots fan don’t realize their opinion is actually the minority opinion now in saying some variation of “50/50 credit” or ”Tom couldn’t have done it without Bill.” I mean, I’m not sure I even agree with the extent of the pendulum swing myself…Bill was very important. But it‘s not an extreme or cultish view that Tom was by far the most important factor of the Patriots dynasty.

I don’t think the onus is really on the pro-Brady group to prove their opinion isn’t the result of irrational hero worship. I’d say based on the consensus of outsiders, the onus is on the pro-Belichick group to prove their opinion isn’t the result of irrational hero worship.

I’ve stayed out of the debate for a long time because it’s mostly counter productive, but it‘s strange that quite a few people here consider a heavy “credit Brady” viewpoint to be some weird, extreme stance when it isn’t at all.

I’m seeing way more posts that seem happy to downplay Brady’s contributions with the Patriots for some weird reason than I am seeing any discussion of Belichick vs Brady. Two different things.

There is no dynasty without both men in NE, both were necessary to make it happen. But if I absolutely had to choose between the all world QB and the all world coach, I’ll take the QB because he is actually on the field and the coach is not. An all world coach can turn a lousy team into a somewhat competitive team. That coach can also be a major advantage in a one game playoff scenario. But the coach cannot turn a decently talented team into a great team over a season. Only great players can do that. IMO

A QB can also carry a coach. Peyton Manning took Jim Caldwell to the Super Bowl. Caldwell is not a great coach.
Not great : but who’s had a better record than Caldwell in Detroit in the last three decades ?

Wow, it's almost as if

1) They're both active in the NFL
2) One's success (Brady) has completely surpassed the others in the 2 year span
3) Belichick is the reason Brady is no longer with the Patriots
4) Brady will be a Super Bowl contending team for the third year straight, while the Patriots are in year 3 of a "rebuild" and have only got worse this offseason

We haven't moved on because this should have never happened. We had the greatest quarterback of all-time, who still wanted to be on the Patriots but Bill's ego and/or misjudgment thought he was done and decided it wasn't worth extending him. Instead the Patriots are now a team with no real identity or "plan" going forward, outside of a quarterback who so far is projecting as an Andy Dalton floor, Matt Ryan ceiling.

On a national level where people have no rooting interest because they despise Tom and Bill equally, the overwhelming consensus is that Tom would have achieved his legacy regardless of his coach. Not saying he’d have the exact same career or exact number of titles, but that he’d establish himself as the GOAT. If you want to disagree, that’s fine. I don’t think anyone is saying Bill was useless and provided nothing. But it seems many Patriots fan don’t realize their opinion is actually the minority opinion now in saying some variation of “50/50 credit” or ”Tom couldn’t have done it without Bill.” I mean, I’m not sure I even agree with the extent of the pendulum swing myself…Bill was very important. But it‘s not an extreme or cultish view that Tom was by far the most important factor of the Patriots dynasty.

I don’t think the onus is really on the pro-Brady group to prove their opinion isn’t the result of irrational hero worship. I’d say based on the consensus of outsiders, the onus is on the pro-Belichick group to prove their opinion isn’t the result of irrational hero worship.

I’ve stayed out of the debate for a long time because it’s mostly counter productive, but it‘s strange that quite a few people here consider a heavy “credit Brady” viewpoint to be some weird, extreme stance when it isn’t at all.
Yep.

No Tom and Bill's future is uncertain. Maybe he wins a SB or two. Maybe he fired in 2003.

No Bill and Tom winds up with another franchise, maybe he wins a SB or two or maybe he never develops or gets killed because he received ****ty coaching.

It's a waste of time.

Yep.

No Tom and Bill's future is uncertain. Maybe he wins a SB or two. Maybe he fired in 2003.

No Bill and Tom winds up with another franchise, maybe he wins a SB or two or maybe he never develops or gets killed because he received ****ty coaching.

It's a waste of time.
Agree. Best to enjoy the last few years of their careers since they won't be around for long.

Wow, it's almost as if

1) They're both active in the NFL
2) One's success (Brady) has completely surpassed the others in the 2 year span
3) Belichick is the reason Brady is no longer with the Patriots
4) Brady will be a Super Bowl contending team for the third year straight, while the Patriots are in year 3 of a "rebuild" and have only got worse this offseason

We haven't moved on because this should have never happened. We had the greatest quarterback of all-time, who still wanted to be on the Patriots but Bill's ego and/or misjudgment thought he was done and decided it wasn't worth extending him. Instead the Patriots are now a team with no real identity or "plan" going forward, outside of a quarterback who so far is projecting as an Andy Dalton floor, Matt Ryan ceiling.

Almost as if Tommy went to a talented team and brought a bunch of talented FAs along with him…ya think that had something to do with the success in Tampa?

Last edited:
Almost as if Tommy went to a talented team and brought a bunch of talented FAs along with him…ya think that had something to do with the success in Tampa?

Will you be crying to Ian again? How embarassing to tag a grown man, trying to raise a family and run a business, to tattle tale because you couldn't hande a comment on a message board. You should get thicker skin if you're going to spend 24/7 on here trying desperately to get approval. Something must be askew in your personal life for you to make such a messy scene all the time.

Hey..where HAS Kontra been lately??? I miss something?

Why would anyone discuss TB and BB anymore? Can't imagine.

Last edited:
I think it's silly and don't generally get involved. They both played a huge part in the success. Trying to figure out which one was more responsible for the success, or if there even was one, is a fool's errand.
The only observation I have is that I am am not sure Bill's roster building approach works (in terms of winning titles) without the GOAT taking a huge hometown discount every year and elevating JAG offensive players. We will find out.

I have never opposed Brady, in fact a huge fan, what I have seen is a humble man who stayed in this "lane" jump out into the world that is about him and only him.

He hasn't changed a bit? Where did you get those rosy colored glasses.

It is the norm to announce you are coming back after vowing you wanted to spend your time with your family right after the NCAA Selections for that "Tournament"??... Everything he does is calculated & orchestrated to further him and his brand.. He is very good at dominating the news cycle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes