PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Gilmore on ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure why anyone would bring up some conspiracy theory about a guy being placed in the concussion protocol, but there may be some debate when he returns about who lines up where and who plays more in what situations.

Now, some including myself have shown some concern for his health and how serious his concussion is, but that’s altogether different.

Here's an even bigger and better conspiracy theory. If Bad was/is showing great improvement, BB would rotate him in occasionally for both Gilmore & Butler to give them both some plays off as well as getting Bad some outright snaps (nevermind the nickle and dime packages Bad could be in on).
Naaaah, that's just too conspiratorial to have a shred of truth.

IMO, no longer a concussion issue. Something else is going on.

Gilmore inactive vs. Chargers. Reviving my thread. What day you?

He gave an interview to print media this week

Not if he was seen leaving the stadium. Something else is going on.

Posted about it but that thread got locked right away without explanation. Any of you mods out there care to explain why?
Not unusual for players to be game day decisions then leave.

Posted about it but that thread got locked right away without explanation. Any of you mods out there care to explain why?

The guy was listed as "questionable" on the injury report due to concussion and ankle injury and was a limited participant all week in practice.

Is it that hard to believe that he showed up at Gillette, the team doctors put him through a final set of tests and concluded he still isn't 100%?

I mean, sure there's a chance that it's something more ominous, but why do we need to immediately jump to that conclusion with no other reports backing that up?

The guy was listed as "questionable" on the injury report due to concussion and ankle injury and was a limited participant all week in practice.

Is it that hard to believe that he showed up at Gillette, the team doctors put him through a final set of tests and concluded he still isn't 100%?

I mean, sure there's a chance that it's something more ominous, but why do we need to immediately jump to that conclusion with no other reports backing that up?

If you were talking about someone who knew the system well, then I'd agree.

But why would you send home a player who's been struggling to learn the system? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for him to stick around?

Nope.

It's normal for injured/inactive players to leave the stadium before the game.

Probably wont need him today or against that high school offense in Denver. That said, he needs to be ready for November 21st in Mexico.

If you were talking about someone who knew the system well, then I'd agree.

But why would you send home a player who's been struggling to learn the system? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for him to stick around?

Most game day inactives don't stick around. Why would he stay - not like he'd be studying film with coaches, as they have something else to do today..... And how does he rehab a concussion while in the locker room or on the bench?

On that note, no one reported he was sent home, only that he is going home.

If you are cleared to practice, you're cleared to play (i think).

I'm on team "something is happening and it's not the concussion" too. Could be another problem, though. Wasnt he reported for an ankle injury too?

Edit: proven wrong by the next post lol

Last edited:
Stephon Gilmore will not return today after all. Bill Belichick told Scott Zolak on 98.5 The Sports Hub that he doesn’t anticipate Gilmore being ready in time for the game against the Chargers, which means he wasn’t able to get through the five-stage concussion protocol. Johnson Bademosi will again start in Gilmore’s place.
Live: Stephon Gilmore officially inactive due to concussion

If it’s truly related to the concussion, then it must have been bad. But with the reports that they’re talking to Butler about an extension again, there certainly seems to be smoke. Whether or not there’s fire is up for debate.

I think they need to break him, first before they fix him. By the sound of it, the guy doesn't want to have anything to do with team defense.

Most game day inactives don't stick around. Why would he stay - not like he'd be studying film with coaches, as they have something else to do today..... And how does he rehab a concussion while in the locker room or on the bench?

On that note, no one reported he was sent home, only that he is going home.

It's called being a good teammate. Game day inactives are usually at the game especially if they were there already. What kind of teammate would drive to the game, be put on inactive, then goes home.

Last edited:
What the heck's going on here with Gilmore? I thought for sure he would be active. I am not liking this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes