PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Gilmore on ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought came to mind, that Gilmore is being kept on ice so that he can be traded.
Boom. That's my prediction.

He has a concussion and is in the protocol under supervision of an independent neurologist. This is something that cant be faked.

Also why would they trade their physically most gifted CB when they just signed him ? I mean I get that some of the clowns here throw around their knee jerk reactions but BB certainly is not.

What an awful thread. The guy is in concussion protocol. He just shutdown star WR mike Evans in his last performance

So please need to ease up. BB really likes Gilmore. He gave him a patriots record 5 year 65 million dollar contract 40 guaranteed. He's not going anywhere

He’s untradeable/uncuttable until 2019.

The guy is an elite physical talent & a great man cover CB. BB will get him to contribute in a positive way even if it is just as a CB on obvious passing situations or trying him as a TE eraser similar to Talib in 2013.

Yes. Bill is not playing Gilmore after shutting down Mike Evans so he can trade him. Genius. Has nothing to do with the fact he entered concussion protocol a week ago.

He's also making Rowe play up his injury so he doesn't have to give a 3rd round pick in next year's draft to the Eagles

Also why would they trade their physically most gifted CB when they just signed him ? I mean I get that some of the clowns here throw around their knee jerk reactions but BB certainly is not.

Because this is Boston, and Boston fans historically love the Rudy types..the undrafted blue collar keep your mouth shut grind it out players who overachieve

Boston fans have always turned on the high draft picks who show any form of underachieving. They use words like "entitled" "primadona" "locker room cancers" to describe such players.

Celtics are going through the same thing right now with some fans crying for IT anytime Kyrie misses a shot

People really need to ease up on Gilmore.

On the Falcons only TD, if that’s Gilmore instead of Butler in coverage, that’s a pick instead of a scrappy almost breakup play. That’s why Bill paid him, methinks.

Of course there’s been the problem of being in the right coverage and whatnot, but that’s fixable.

Trading him would entail a $22.5M dead cap hit, but sure, what the hell. We're probably going to trade him. The whole concussion protocol thing is probably just smoke and mirrors anyway.

Thought came to mind, that Gilmore is being kept on ice so that he can be traded.
Boom. That's my prediction.

xz0SR9s.gif

He's also making Rowe play up his injury so he doesn't have to give a 3rd round pick in next year's draft to the Eagles

I know you're being sarcastic but I think the emergence of Bademossi and Jones means that Rowe can see an extended rest with exactly that consideration (that we'd avoid giving up a 3rd round pick if Rowe plays less than 50% snaps).

No way. BB builds his team throughout preseason and then goes with them that brung ya. He's still hoping Gilmore pans out (like the rest of us). Hopefully with some time off and the team gelling without him with scrubs and flubs, it will light a fire and he will come back eager to play well in the system.

On the Falcons only TD, if that’s Gilmore instead of Butler in coverage, that’s a pick instead of a scrappy almost breakup play. That’s why Bill paid him, methinks.

Of course there’s been the problem of being in the right coverage and whatnot, but that’s fixable.
I'm being a hard-ass here but that play personifies why Bill did not play Malcolm CB1 money.

No way. BB builds his team throughout preseason and then goes with them that brung ya. He's still hoping Gilmore pans out (like the rest of us). Hopefully with some time off and the team gelling without him with scrubs and flubs, it will light a fire and he will come back eager to play well in the system.

Uh, Jamie Collins says Hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore