PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Danny Amendola the next domino to fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not $6.8M. It's $5M. The other $1.8M is sunk costs that are there whether Amendola stays, retires, gets cut, or gets named the US ambassador to Italy.

Yes it is $6.8m in cap and the hope is that they slash that in 1/2..

No, I'm being honest and you're being selfish. Calling it shrewd is just insulting your own intelligence.

You've been off about pretty much everything lately. I don't know what's gotten into you, but I hope you work through it. For now, we're done. Get back to me when you are yourself again.
********. @robertweathers has been more than reasonable both in the past and the present. In fact, he's one of my favorite posters to interact with for that very reason.

No, I'm being honest and you're being selfish. Calling it shrewd is just insulting your own intelligence.

You've been off about pretty much everything lately. I don't know what's gotten into you, but I hope you work through it. For now, we're done. Get back to me when you are yourself again.

This team has operated in this fashion for 16 years. Salary=value. I'm shocked that you find my position on all things cap and value surprising. I thought you would be one of the ones that understood. You might be off too.;)

Deus and I have been disagreeing a lot lately. We are in couples therapy. We'll be ok.
To be honest, I like Deus as he's an intelligent guy who offers many thought provoking opinions. What I don't like is his usual ******** where if he shares a disagreement with someone, the labels and passive-aggressive insults toward that poster come out.

Nothing I have observed that you have offered has been unreasonable or should be construed as being off your game. More people should call him out for this. Sharing a disagreement is healthy, labelling the other person is juvenile.

Sure but they are paying him to be the 3rd/4th option. The are paying Bennett to be the 3rd/4th option.

Bennett >>>>> Chandler and its not even close.

Fact remains that neither Hogan nor Bennett have proven anything in this offense. Failing to connect with Brady is a real possibility for both of them.

I agree that the team is better w/ Amendola. But is it worth $5m and $6.8m in cap space? No.

5 M for a proven weapon? A proven playoffs weapon? In this market it is worth it IMHO.
Especially considering that both Brady and Edelman are severily underpaid.

The more weapons for Brady, the merrier. Considering the difficulty Brady has connecting with receivers, I would rather keep a proven weapon, than get rid of it to save a few $$$.

Right. I'm sure Bill checks the skin color of WRs before making contract offers.
You are missing my point. He's not gonna get nearly the money those guys did on the market because he's a slow short white aging slot receiver. I never claimed him being white was the sole reason he wouldn't have a big market for his services. Be internet outraged at something else.

********. @robertweathers has been more than reasonable both in the past and the present. In fact, he's one of my favorite posters to interact with for that very reason.

He's been off his game for weeks. I'm sure he knows it.

This team has operated in this fashion for 16 years. Salary=value. I'm shocked that you find my position on all things cap and value surprising. I thought you would be one of the ones that understood. You might be off too.;)

The issue isn't how the team operates. The issue is your argument, which is a different thing.

Or, to put it more succinctly....

You are not the team.

He's been off his game for weeks. I'm sure he knows it.
Someone sharing a differing opinion does not mean they are off their game Deus. Stop with this nonsense. You're better than that. Much better than that.

To be honest, I like Deus as he's an intelligent guy who offers many thought provoking opinions. What I don't like is his usual ******** where if he shares a disagreement with someone, the labels and passive-aggressive insults toward that poster come out.

Nothing I have observed that you have offered has been unreasonable or should be construed as being off your game. More people should call him out for this. Sharing a disagreement is healthy, labelling the other person is juvenile.

I have noted someone who is usually one way (solid/great poster) has changed and gone in another direction (the crapper). It's not the first time I've noticed it of someone, and commented on it to them, and it likely won't be the last. Hell, you've flipped a bunch of times, and I've called you on it, too.

MoLewisRocks
AndyJohnson
RayClay
Rob(insert his numbers here)
etc...

It's not good when quality long term posters lose it, and he's been exactly that: a quality long term poster. I'd prefer it if Robert doesn't end up going down the same type of road they did.

Meh. It's internet trash talking as far as I am concerned. I have no issue with Deus.

You are missing my point. He's not gonna get nearly the money those guys did on the market because he's a slow short white aging slot receiver. I never claimed him being white was the sole reason he wouldn't have a big market for his services. Be internet outraged at something else.
All right, this is complete nonsense. Amendola definitely is not "slow," or he wouldn't do as well as he did last season -- 72 receptions (incl. seven in the playoffs), 23 punt returns for 276 yards (including a long of 82) and also had eight kickoff returns for 172 yards. BTW, he's not "short" either -- 5-11.

And regardless of whether others' objections to your applied racist comments equate to "faux Internet outrage" in your eyes, it's still idiocy and has no place here. You think Edelman's race is a liability? Hogan? What other positions are important to assess via race labeling? Just knock that foolishness off.

Last edited:
Fact remains that neither Hogan nor Bennett have proven anything in this offense. Failing to connect with Brady is a real possibility for both of them.

5 M for a proven weapon? A proven playoffs weapon? In this market it is worth it IMHO.
Especially considering that both Brady and Edelman are severily underpaid.

The more weapons for Brady, the merrier. Considering the difficulty Brady has connecting with receivers, I would rather keep a proven weapon, than get rid of it to save a few $$$.

Proven playoff weapon? You act like DA is the second coming of David Ortiz. His playoff performances in 2014 were excellent. In 2013 and 2015- average.

If you think DA is worth $5m a year then that is fine. On 31 other teams he might be and in other years with NE he is...just not this year.

The issue isn't how the team operates. The issue is your argument, which is a different thing.

Or, to put it more succinctly....

You are not the team.

History demonstrates that when the NEP believes a player's performance or cost is too high they move him or lower his salary.

To not acknowledge that is absurd.

History demonstrates that when the NEP believes a player's performance or cost is too high they move him or lower his salary.

To not acknowledge that is absurd.

You're continuing to try changing the argument. To repeat:

You are not the team

You're continuing to try changing the argument. To repeat:

You are not the team

Change what argument? What exactly are you arguing?

Proven playoff weapon? You act like DA is the second coming of David Ortiz. His playoff performances in 2014 were excellent. In 2013 and 2015- average.

2013 - injured
2014- great performance Patriots don't win the SB without him
2015- 5/39 against the Donkeys in a game where the OL was absolutely crap. Had the OL not been absolutely crap, he gets another 2-3 catches for 15-20 yards and the Patriots win the game and then win the SB. He was wide open immediately after the snap on that 4th down play were Brady went to Edelman and Edelman was stopped short.

Yes, he is a proven playoffs weapon.

If you think DA is worth $5m a year then that is fine.

In a market where guys like Sanu or D. Allen get 7M, yeah, I definitely think DA is worth 5M

On 31 other teams he might be and in other years with NE he is...just not this year.

They cut him to replace him with whom exactly? A rookie won't be anywhere close to him. Patriots are a win now team, no time to wait rookies to develop. Tried that with Dropson and Boyce, major failure.

Any FA you might think will be close to DA will cost at least 3M. Boldin has no speed, refs won't allow him to push off as a Patriot, so he will be completely useless. DA cut this season saves 4M. So you save 1M on a proven player, in return you get a FA who could easily fail to connect with Brady.

You seem to think the Patriots have many options, so they could easily get rid of Amendola. Let's see about that.

Gronk, Edelman, Lewis. All injury prone. Any 2 of the 3 could be lost to injury for the season at the end of the regular season.

K Martin. Developing in the Pats system. Showed flashes. Still not proven. Dobson also looked like that first season, then took a nosedive.

Hogan, Bennett. Proved nothing in NE. Both could fail to connect with Brady.

Brady took a lot less $$ precisely because he wanted to get (and keep) weapons, not go get rid of them. Amendola is a proven weapon for Brady and the Patriots offense. The more weapons the merrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST