PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Danny Amendola the next domino to fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully! Then sign Washington.

Amendola had a rough first year in 2013, but he was solid in 2014 and had a really good 2015, before his injury.

Personally, I'd like to keep him. Why cut a guy who knows the system and has a good repore with Brady, for another guy like Washington who would have to learn the system from scratch, which we know not all guys can do, and gain Brady's trust?

I think Danny would take less to stay.

If they cut him and assuming Cannon goes too they're gonna have a TON of cap space and no, they won't spend it ALL on extensions. Makes me wonder why they wouldn't pony up the money to keep Hicks since Bill obviously wanted him back. What are they going to do with it all?

If they cut him and assuming Cannon goes too they're gonna have a TON of cap space and no, they won't spend it ALL on extensions. Makes me wonder why they wouldn't pony up the money to keep Hicks since Bill obviously wanted him back. What are they going to do with it all?

Von Miller :p

Amendola had a rough first year in 2013, but he was solid in 2014 and had a really good 2015, before his injury.

Personally, I'd like to keep him. Why cut a guy who knows the system and has a good repore with Brady, for another guy like Washington who would have to learn the system from scratch, which we know not all guys can do, and gain Brady's trust?

I think Danny would take less to stay.
Washington already knows the system from playing in Houston last year.

"I expect Josh Gordon to be back in the league again this year. I'm not convinced he stays in Cleveland" - @AdamSchefter

Does BB have some insane 2007 part 2 type plan?

If Danny's cut it makes you wonder.

Washington already knows the system from playing in Houston last year.

Bill O'Brien, while a former Patriots coach, doesn't run the EXACT same offense the Pats do. Clearly they're pretty similar, yet have their differences just the same.

Even so, that still has nothing to do with cutting Amendola for an older player in Washington, if you don't need to.

The fact that you could "disagree" about that is absurd. Nothing I said was a hot take.

im really hoping they can keep him in the fold, if not we will always have the edelman pass

Bill O'Brien, while a former Patriots coach, doesn't run the EXACT same offense the Pats do. Clearly they're pretty similar, yet have their differences just the same.

Even so, that still has nothing to do with cutting Amendola for an older player in Washington, if you don't need to.

The fact that you could "disagree" about that is absurd. Nothing I said was a hot take.
I was disagreeing with he'd need to "learn the system from scratch" which is completely untrue. And Washington is better than Amendola.

I like Amendola for the right price. However with Hogan and Edelman you don't really need him if he wants to be paid more than 2.5M.

IDK what we would do for WR if he goes but with Bennett I worry about it a little less.

In CHI, he has a legitimate starting role, and that obviously helps to justify a 5m dollar salary.

In NE, he had Branch, Brown, Easley, and a plethora of other DL to battle for playing time. He'd have been more of a role player here, which probably wouldn't equate to that kind of salary.

"I expect Josh Gordon to be back in the league again this year. I'm not convinced he stays in Cleveland" - @AdamSchefter

Does BB have some insane 2007 part 2 type plan?

If Danny's cut it makes you wonder.

IDK what we would do for WR if he goes but with Bennett I worry about it a little less.

Vet wide receiver on the cheap + rookie draft pick in the top few rounds. That's what I'm guessing.

Much like you, I'd prefer to see DA stay on a cheaper deal, but the signing of Hogan may help to make him expendable. He also may not wish to take another pay cut again.

I was disagreeing with he'd need to "learn the system from scratch" which is completely untrue. And Washington is better than Amendola.

You don't need to press the red X to disagree with a small bit of context that had little to do with the point I was making. How about conversing like a normal person? I thought this board was growing up, guess not...

And Washington being BETTER than Amendola is an opinion not a fact. They had virtually the same numbers last season. I don't see how Washington is better when he's older and still has to come new to the system, whether similar or not, and get his timing down with Brady as well. Amendola, if he reduces his pay, clearly is the best option of the two, if we're comparing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back