PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Danny Amendola the next domino to fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I expect Josh Gordon to be back in the league again this year. I'm not convinced he stays in Cleveland" - @AdamSchefter

Does BB have some insane 2007 part 2 type plan?

If Danny's cut it makes you wonder.

We'll know whether or not he's going to be reinstated in the next week or two, since Goodell has to make a decision within 60 days of his official request. I believe that occurred right before the AFCCG.

I thought Amendola had a contract that didn't gain any space if he was cut. In other words, very little cap savings.

If Gordon gets reinstated and its not us that trades for him id be devestated id give up one of our seconds in a instant if he is reinstated

"I expect Josh Gordon to be back in the league again this year. I'm not convinced he stays in Cleveland" - @AdamSchefter

Does BB have some insane 2007 part 2 type plan?

If Danny's cut it makes you wonder.
If the Patriots manage to wrangle Josh Gordon from the Browns, I will cancel all my business appointments early next year and see you all at the Super Bowl.

Count me in with those that will lament the departure of Danny Amendola. He is a true Patriot in my eyes. Tough, hardworking, skilled, loves football. Edelman to Amendola against the Ratbirds is one of my all time favourite plays; hoped for years they'd call that! It's right there with that Moss long bomb they went right back to against the Giants to set the record!! Legend. I hope they find a way to keep DA.

Last edited:
If the Patriots manage to wrangle Josh Gordon from the Browns, I will cancel all my business appointments early next year and see you all at the Super Bowl.
TB12 could be suspended four games and Jimmy would probably grab a 4-0 head start for him.

Gronk
Edelman
Gordon
Bennett
Hogan
Lewis

Resign Blount or draft someone for the backfield. Oh my God...could be the best offense ever assembled. Unlikely but you never know.

Last edited:
Love Danny A but Brady to Gordon would put up madden numbers.
If Lombardi gave his blessing I cant imagine we would be the only team interested in trading for Gordon I fear he will go to a different team Green Bay maybe.
Everyone on this board knows I would love the addition.

TB12 could be suspended four games and Jimmy would grab a 4-0 head start for him...easily.

Gronk
Edelman
Gordon
Bennett
Hogan
Lewis

Resign Blount or draft someone for the backfield. Oh my God...could be the best offense ever assembled. Unlikely but you never know.
It does make one wonder if the Patriots are indeed, hedging their bets. If the OL holds up, history says Brady is going to destroy the NFL but, in the unlikely event he does spend time on the sidelines, are these moves designed to put more weapons in Jimmy G's back pocket? It never hurts to be bursting at the seams with playmakers on O.

I think DA would take another paycut/restructure deal at this point.. You can tell within 2 minutes this dude loves playing in New England, Genuinely loves/really likes his teammates,Coaching staff, Kraft n Family, Fans, just A to Z!!.. If he could do anything realistically to be a Patriot for rest of his career honestly believe DA would.

I think DA would take another paycut/restructure deal at this point.. You can tell within 2 minutes this dude loves playing in New England, Genuinely loves/really likes his teammates,Coaching staff, Kraft n Family, Fans, just A to Z!!.. If he could do anything realistically to be a Patriot for rest of his career honestly believe DA would.
The problem is, how much do you take advantage of that love? Players aren't as stupid as owners would have you believe. There's got to be a limit to how much contract shedding you can do before a revolt occurs.

You don't need to press the red X to disagree with a small bit of context that had little to do with the point I was making. How about conversing like a normal person? I thought this board was growing up, guess not...

And Washington being BETTER than Amendola is an opinion not a fact. They had virtually the same numbers last season. I don't see how Washington is better when he's older and still has to come new to the system, whether similar or not, and get his timing down with Brady as well. Amendola, if he reduces his pay, clearly is the best option of the two, if we're comparing them.

Two points on this:

(1) Only Dislike counts as a negative comment. Disagree (the red x) is neutral.

(2) If you look to the left, you'll see that Ian has disabled the black/red numbers; only positive comments (everything except Dislike and Disagree) show up now.

FWIW, Edelman's salary (setting aside bonuses) is $2.5M. I expect that Amendola will have to cut his salary down to about that number in order to stay.

The problem is, how much do you take advantage of that love? Players aren't as stupid as owners would have you believe. There's got to be a limit to how much contract shedding you can do before a revolt occurs.

So you'd be okay with Danny making more this year than Gronk and Edelman?

Yet a clown like dobson's still on this roster. Dobson was another draft failure at wr and should be cut

You would got to think Dola will restructure to stay. He doesn't have much value in the open market and is a great fit here. Get him to restructure and still sign Washington.

I wonder if he still has that metal roof over his parking spot... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes