PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Danny Amendola the next domino to fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is absolutely fixated on cutting players salaries. It really seems like saving money is much more important than winning a championship is to a large number of posters.

He's not gonna get the type of money, the jones' sanu's Matthews' of the world got because of his perceived physical limitations.

Plus hes on the wrong side of 30 without any upside. He is what he is (which isn't bad at all)

Plus hes on the wrong side of 30 without any upside. He is what he is (which isn't bad at all)

Upside LMAO. Amendola is a proven player, he was instrumental in getting the 4th SB. Dropson and Boyce had a lot of upside when they were drafted. Look what happened with all that upside.

If Amedola leaves there are still a few guys out there

Anquan Boldin
Rueban Randle

Those are far and away to the top 2 options.

Anquan Boldin
Rueban Randle

Both of whom are limited possession receivers and neither contributes on special teams.

Anquan Boldin
Rueban Randle

Uh no.

Anquan Boldin
Rueban Randle

I haven't seen much about Randle in the offseason. I wonder just how bad his knees are, at this point.

You should have been here in September of 2014 they wanted Brady to be traded, Belichick fired, and claimed the team was a train wreck of epic proportions. They will deny it now but go back about 180 pages and you will see it in Technicolor.

There were also a lot of people who did not think we should ask Wilfork to take a pay cut last year.

I watched a few Texans games last year, & Belichick made the right move.

We all love Vice, but he wasn't worth
1/4 of the contract he had with the patriots last season.

Last night I heard that the Patriots &
Dola are working on a pay reduction.

Let's hope they find common ground, but Dola is not worth his current contract.

As far as FAs go I don't see a better option. There are trading options sure. If you see a better FA option then tell me who you think it is.

Trade amendola and pick for Gordon! Problem solved.

Anquan Boldin
Rueban Randle

Boldin has no speed. If the refs won't allow him to push (they won't, they have it for the Pats), Boldin will be completely useless.

Randle sucks, Giants would've resigned him if he was good.

There were also a lot of people who did not think we should ask Wilfork to take a pay cut last year.

I watched a few Texans games last year, & Belichick made the right move.

We all love Vice, but he wasn't worth
1/4 of the contract he had with the patriots last season.

Last night I heard that the Patriots &
Dola are working on a pay reduction.

Let's hope they find common ground, but Dola is not worth his current contract.

Everyone, myself included, supported the way they handled VW, and I was as big a supporter of his as there was on this board. The "cut Amendola" talk is ******ed, it saves them next to nothing after replacing him and only makes them worse.

As far as FAs go I don't see a better option. There are trading options sure. If you see a better FA option then tell me who you think it is.
Nate Washington is the best option.

Upside LMAO. Amendola is a proven player, he was instrumental in getting the 4th SB. Dropson and Boyce had a lot of upside when they were drafted. Look what happened with all that upside.
How many players at the wide receiver position improve after 30?

That is a factor in projecting a player's future value.

Who cares? Putting the best possible team on the field for the upcoming season is what really matters, not saving a few bucks here or there. The only way cutting Amendola makes any sense is if they have a replacement or possible replacement who will be better and there isn't anyone in free agency our available right now that meets that criteria. Additionally there needs to be a use of that money that improves them and once again I don't see anyone available for that 4 million that accomplishes that. As I said before it really seems like this forum is suffering from Harry Sinden Syndrome, where they would rather lose and save a million bucks than field the best possible team.

He is a proven player. Patriots were the #1 offense with him an big part, dropping 30+ on everyone before injuries to OL and Lewis and receivers hurt the team. If the OL didn't suck vs the Donkeys, Patriots would've beat them and won the SB.

Yeah like Dropson and Boyce. Both with great upside, look were all that upside took them. Cutting a proven player for a project to save 1M, you really are a genius

For a generally rational poster you have really become fixated on saving money, if the Patriots were to follow your thinking then both Amendola and Bennett would be playing elsewhere this season simply to save a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST