PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brian Flores really ready to become a HC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think Flores needs to establish himself as a defensive coordinator for a few years before jumping up the ranks to head coach. Broncos learned the hard way with Vance Joseph.

He's both.
I suppose that since Honduras is in Central America you could say that any black latino could be Afro American, but Latinos don't consider themselves Afro anything, just black or negro. Afro American is a term typically used by U.S.A. blacks.

I don’t think he’s a bad head coach. I just think he needed to cut his teeth a little bit more as a DC before becoming one. His first year wasn’t a good start, though. Took a team that went to the playoffs last year, with more weapons on both sides, and missed the playoffs in a much more wide open year.
More weapons on offense? Wouldn’t agree there.

Lost Delanie Walker week 1. Plus Dion wasn’t that impressive for them this year. Basically just switched him out with Murray. Losing Conklin also hurt their protection.

They were ravaged with injuries on both sides of the ball. Lost Conklin, Walker, Ryan, Casey, just to name a few. By the week 17 showdown vs. Indy they were completely depleted.

They missed the playoffs by one game and Mariota missed several games and quarters due to injuries. Gabbert went 1-3 in games where he played the most and Mariota went 8-4 in his games. Mariota also lost 2 games by 1 point each. Context.
Mariota only missed one more game than he did last season. Losing two games by one point each doesn’t necessarily speak highly of the first year coach, either. Vrabel will get better but he would have done well to cut his teeth a bit more. He rose up the ranks very quickly. I suspect he will come in to next season quite a bit better.

Dorsey, Highsmith, Wolf, Berry, Jimmy Haslam, and JW (Haslam's son-in-law) all got off the plane from Flores interview

That's okay. Flores hasn't impressed me with his D this year. Most of the success in the passing D is because of A) the talent level in the secondary and B) most teams are running on the Pats all day rendering the pass D moot.

I would think Flores needs to establish himself as a defensive coordinator for a few years before jumping up the ranks to head coach. Broncos learned the hard way with Vance Joseph.
They should have learned the hard way with McDaniels years ago.

That's okay. Flores hasn't impressed me with his D this year. Most of the success in the passing D is because of A) the talent level in the secondary and B) most teams are running on the Pats all day rendering the pass D moot.

Yep, his plan seems to be putting a grip of defensive backs out there like a dime and dare anyone to run. I’m not liking the dynamic of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick