PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brian Flores really ready to become a HC???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not about being ready he's not being paid like Josh so if he gets offered any HC job he should take it, you can't turn down a contract that's fully guaranteed and will likely be 8x your current salary maybe even more.

If he gets a head coaching job that's going to be $15m+ guaranteed.

Life changing money for him.

Now it's time to go poach a DC elsewhere.
I wouldn't mind Aaron Glenn.
Schiano is a possibility as well.
Real dark horse Marvin Lewis
Why not

No. He's just being interviewed because he's black. Not saying he's not good, just saying he's not ready.

I'm not a fan of the Rooney rule. It seems patronizing. Black coaches get interviewed just to fulfill the requirements of the rule. I guess it gets them practice in going through the interview process, but that doesn't seem worth it. And I'm a fan of affirmative action in general (thread derail warning), just not with this implementation.

I'm not a fan of the Rooney rule. It seems patronizing. Black coaches get interviewed just to fulfill the requirements of the rule. I guess it gets them practice in going through the interview process, but that doesn't seem worth it. And I'm a fan of affirmative action in general (thread derail warning), just not with this implementation.
I think the rooney rule is completely backwards. They should be doing that at the high school level and college level. To me it tells me there's racist owners/executives in the league.

Now it's time to go poach a DC elsewhere.
I wouldn't mind Aaron Glenn.
Schiano is a possibility as well.
Real dark horse Marvin Lewis
Why not
Schiano would be good. If McDaniels leaves, bring in Chip Kelley as well :D

Also, another coach I can think of is Jim Schwartz. He worked with BB in the past in Cleveland. He's done well with Eagles D.

He's about as ready as Vrabel was last year. So... no.

With the exception of McDaniels and Bill O'Brien (both offensive coaches), I don't think any of the current or past assistant coaches here are HC material. None of the defensive coaches can or will be successful. That says how impact BB has on defense even though he is not directly calling plays.

I don't get it sporting the 7th in points D that blows against the run?? IF Flores can get serious consideration our DB Coach should too.:confused:

I am a big believer in the value of going through the interview process. I worked for an extremely successful major multinational that required everyone above AVP to conduct at least one mock interview a quarter for the benefit of both the candidate and the interviewer. I have to say at first I viewed the requirement as a minor annoyance but it didn't take more than conducting that first mock interview and getting feedback on it before I realized just how insightful the policy was.

Oh wait the Bengals would hire just about anybody....*side note* I got an interview.;) Who wants to be my DC and don't say no thanks.:D

I am a big believer in the value of going through the interview process. I worked for an extremely successful major multinational that required everyone above AVP to conduct at least one mock interview a quarter for the benefit of both the candidate and the interviewer. I have to say at first I viewed the requirement as a minor annoyance but it didn't take more than conducting that first mock interview and getting feedback on it before I realized just how insightful the policy was.

Fair enough, and I agree with you, but that's not really the main reason for the Rooney rule as I understand it.

I am surprised because being a HC is more than "X's & O's" which all of our past assistants were at least somewhat competent at. It is the overall roster building (hiring and firing so to speak) that will make or break these young men.

I am surprised because being a HC is more than "X's & O's" which all of our past assistants were at least somewhat competent at. It is the overall roster building (hiring and firing so to speak) that will make or break these young men.

Yep it's not for everybody or the faint of heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back