PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Trend: QBs who have thrown 43+ TDs are 0-8 in attempt to win SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You owe the OP an apology. The OP made none of those arguments. Bonus points for the condescending tone and irrelevant follow up. But perhaps attacking your own strawmen is the only way you can win an argument.

As others here have noted, he is clearly pointing out something interesting - if only because it seems counterintuitive. In determining to what degree it is important and relevant, you don't seem to have anything to contribute.
I appreciate it. Im just happy we are in the SB. #Go Pats

You owe the OP an apology. The OP made none of those arguments. Bonus points for the condescending tone and irrelevant follow up. But perhaps attacking your own strawmen is the only way you can win an argument.

As others here have noted, he is clearly pointing out something interesting - if only because it seems counterintuitive. In determining to what degree it is important and relevant, you don't seem to have anything to contribute.

Deus will never apologize for anything. I’m just sorry he’s on our board. I don’t consider him to be a pats fan.

OP, you can add that new line for KC to your list now.:)

Dee Ford wouldn't have been offside on that pass/pick to Gronk if Mahomes has just thrown fewer than 43 TDs in the regular season.

Dee Ford wouldn't have been offside on that pass/pick to Gronk if Mahomes has just thrown fewer than 43 TDs in the regular season.

I tried being classy a couple posts up.

Let it go and lets celebrate being afc champions.

LOL !

If the quarterback that threw for more than 43 TDS this year hadn’t given up, not one, not, two, but three 15 yard sacks, including one taking his team outside FG range and taking away three points, the team with said quarterback would be going to the Super Bowl.

But he did, and they aren’t, and teams with QBs that have thrown for more than 43 TDS in a season are now 0-9 in reaching the SB.

You could at least have attempted to cherry pick an event that involved the QB.

And how sad is it that a fan on this site is more interested in trying to ‘win’ some argument (and make no mistake, I am being charitable in characterizing your contributions as an ‘argument’) instead of of celebrating one of the greatest clutch performances by the team you purport to be a fan of.

LOL !

If the quarterback that threw for more than 43 TDS this year hadn’t given up, not one, not, two, but three 15 yard sacks, including one taking his team outside FG range and taking away three points, the team with said quarterback would be going to the Super Bowl.

But he did, and they aren’t, and teams with QBs that have thrown for more than 43 TDS in a season are now 0-9 in reaching the SB.

You could at least have attempted to cherry pick an event that involved the QB.

And how sad is it that a fan on this site is more interested in trying to ‘win’ some argument (and make no mistake, I am being charitable in characterizing your contributions as an ‘argument’) instead of of celebrating one of the greatest clutch performances by the team you purport to be a fan of.
A few have reached it.

Just not won.

I stand corrected.

Deus will never apologize for anything. I’m just sorry he’s on our board. I don’t consider him to be a pats fan.
Super harsh, man. Super harsh. Different perspectives and all that. Both have fair points.

I thought that Deus gently toyed at him like a kitty cat batting a keychain. If he wanted to be a ****, it could’ve been a hell of a lot worse. You didn’t ask my opinion of course, so I’ll bow out. Just making an observation.

In the end, does this particular correlation mean all that much, or is it simply a coincidental trend? I suppose that arguments can be made for both sides, but there’s probably one side that is much closer to being “right” than the other. Still, it’s a cool trend to bring up, so thanks OP.

Super harsh, man. Super harsh. Different perspectives and all that. Both have fair points.

I thought that Deus gently toyed at him like a kitty cat batting a keychain. If he wanted to be a ****, it could’ve been a hell of a lot worse. You didn’t ask my opinion of course, so I’ll bow out. Just making an observation.

In the end, does this particular correlation mean all that much, or is it simply a coincidental trend? I suppose that arguments can be made for both sides, but there’s probably one side that is much closer to being “right” than the other. Still, it’s a cool trend to bring up, so thanks OP.

We will never know the answer to that question, because a poster was allowed to attack the OP and others for having the temerity to suggest that this interesting stat was worthy of even mentioning - with all the dishonesty and condescending attitude that in this case is that particular individuals hallmark.

Go back and look at his first post, and see if that behavior is defensible.

And it is not just about this thread and poster. A similar thing happened before the Chargers game in the “4-7 Defense Thread” with a different poster with a similar MO. Discussion was squashed on a subject that in the end was very central to the outcome of the game.

When certain people set themselves up to be the arbiter of what can and cannot be discussed, the marketplace of ideas suffers. And it is disappointing when it happens here on a board that prides itself on being a more thoughtful forum.

If more people stood up for the to this type of behavior instead of excusing it - whether they have 1 post or 60,000, this would be a much better place.

I don’t know what other interesting threads the clever people on this forum may come up with before the Super Bowl, but it would be a shame if it happened yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back