PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Milestone: 364 Yards to 5K in a Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's not all that significant, but Tom Brady's on the verge of becoming the second QB in NFL history to reach 5,000 passing yards in a season twice in his career with 364 against the Dolphins. Drew Brees has done it 4 times, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Brady and Matt Stafford have done it once. Brees can get there for a stunning 5th time with 443 yards passing today at Atlanta. Brady and Brees are 3-4 in passing TDs all-time with Brady leading 428-427.

It will be interesting today to see if Brady even gets the chance to go for that accomplishment. The offensive line and receiving corps are not optimal for this to happen. Miami doesn't look like a team that will require a shootout for the Pats to stay in the game and get the win. I think we see lots of running plays with Steven Jackson, Brandon Bolden and James White. And, if the Patriots get out to a comfortable lead, I hope Belichick pulls Brady and gets him out of harm's way.

I agree with those who will point out that this is unimportant, but it's an interesting stat to watch as the game moves along.

I don't really care if he joins Brees in that category. Brees is also the only QB to throw for 4,500 yards and 30 TDs and have a losing season, and he's done it 3 times: 2015, 2014, 2012. Tom doesn't need to match every single record out there. Some of them are just silly.

I will gladly take a repeat of Tom's 2014 season including playoffs than some inconsequential "milestone."

This is thread is eerily Colts/Broncos-like.

I like career stats and accomplishments and even very notable single season and game records. This one is pretty low on the totem pole, though.

4 rings and moving on to a 5th are the only stats I worry about..

Only 338 yds to go!

EDIT: 339. Thanks, Brandon. :(

EDIT: 344. Brady might go negative for this game!

Last edited:
Only 338 yds to go!

EDIT: 339. Thanks, Brandon. :(

EDIT: 344. Brady might go negative for this game!
This milestone quickly went out the window

There is a reason why no QB who has reached 5k ever won a SB...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back