PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

This whole episode casts a VERY bad light on the failed leadership of the entire organization, from front office down to the team captains..

Shockingly, Incognito was a captain or "leadership Council" as they called it down there.........

Shockingly, Incognito was a captain or "leadership Council" as they called it down there.........

Yeah, I was gonna go back and change that earlier, but I just couldn't bring myself to write any more about him and the Phins.

How can the NFL have bigotry when 60%+ of the players are African-American? I'm just surprised the players don't police themselves to a higher standard. And for the most part, I believe they do. But I'm very surprised to see that if Incognito is actually guilty, he didn't get his butt kicked by other players.

Bigotry goes both ways, but is anyone really surprised that the NFL isn't oozing philosophers? These guys don't go to class in college, and a lot of them wouldn't have even made it to college if it weren't for their football playing ability.

The reality is that the NFL players are closer to Gronk than Brady intellectually, and even Brady majored in organizational studies (football).

That said, this case does seem to be more than the average NFL morons doing moronic things. Silver lining? Incognito won't be trying to twist knees and cut block defenders for the indefinite future.

Shockingly, Incognito was a captain or "leadership Council" as they called it down there

I think this is a key part of the story, and I'd be surprised if it stops at just "one bad seed" in Incognito.

All of the stories of rookie hazing going wayyyy beyond picking up the lunch bill to an organized shakedown by the veterans...it's hard to picture a single racist, roid-raging a-hole being able to get away with this in an otherwise solid lockerroom. The dude had to have a posse, and his election as captain suggests he did.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 7h
Martin's mother is corporate attorney for Toyota & dad is assistant dean of a Cal-State business school. Dolphins may have met their match.

So, Martin's probably not just some weak ungrounded kid, as some suggested early on.
Martin's apparently intelligent and I'm sure got wise counsel in this case.

Incognito sure seems like a time bomb just waiting to go off. If, as is being portrayed, he threatened Martin .... I could see why Martin would be hesitant to be around such a seemingly unstable person.

It always cracks me up to hear of how much people from other areas (like where I live in Pittsburgh) "hate" Tom Brady, or think that he's such an "evil" player etc. They somehow act like he is the anti-christ or something, it's so bizarre to me...

I recently read a comment where someone had said, "Manning vs Brady is the ultimate challenge of 'good' vs 'evil.' " That's just an example of how ridiculous people are. Even worse, a high number of people actually agreed with the idiot.

They fail to realize that there are any number of actual douchebags around the NFL that include Incognito, Suh, Cromartie, Vick, Roethlisberger, etc...why any idiot would be dumb enough to include someone like Brady on that list is seriously and honestly beyond me.

Hell, just reverse the equation: it's evil versus good. I don't believe Brady ever sexually assaulted a student trainer by putting his rectum and grundle on her face.

Martin's apparently intelligent and I'm sure got wise counsel in this case.

Incognito sure seems like a time bomb just waiting to go off. If, as is being portrayed, he threatened Martin .... I could see why Martin would be hesitant to be around such a seemingly unstable person.

Found this via Curran on Twitter:

ESPNDeportes NEBRASKA'S RICHIE INCOGNITO ALWAYS PLAYS ON

It didn't help Richie's disposition any that he was tormented by the other kids. Every day it was "fatass," "lardass" or "whale." When teachers told his folks that Richie never stuck up for himself, Richie Sr., a mason and old-school tough guy, told his son, "you can't let them keep doing it." So one day, on the playground in third grade, Richard Dominick Incognito decided that Joey, the local loudmouth, had called him "lardass" for the last time. Richie answered with a one-two combo that sent Joey home with two black eyes. The whuppin' didn't give Richie any satisfaction. "We were both scared," he says. "He ran one way, and I ran the other." But from that day on, Richie never backed down. "I think fighting was distasteful for Richie," Bendian says. "But he realized that if you want a kid off your back, you have to beat the crap out of him."

If memory serves me right, and I believe it does, Incognito cost his team a win (he was with the Rams then) with 3 personal fouls in sequence during what became the opponent's game winning drive.

Wait a second......

Incognito grew up in a family of Jets fans?????????

Color me shocked!

Last edited:
In one of the great message board investigative jobs, 'TheWalrus' from FinHeaven may have outed fellow poster 'idrd1994' as Incognito's dad.

Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails - Page 6
Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails - Page 10

Apparently idrd1994 made several accusations about Martin that were deleted once the Dolphins suspended Incognito.

Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails - Page 9
Aaaaaand that's why every account I have on things like this are completely unrelated to each other...

So anyone haves synopsis of what those posts said? They've been yanked, but I'd sure like to read them....

Incognito is an ass, but I have to see proof of the racially charged texts before I buy that. He's been playing this game for years and years now and this is the first time it's come out. Martin is definitely the victim in this, and I feel for him even though I think he should have went a few rounds of bare knuckled boxing with Incognito in order to stop the bullying, but he's going to have a hard time being accepted in locker rooms now because of this (unfortunately). The "racially charged" thing smells like an attempt to ease his way back into being accepted by Miami's locker room, or whatever team he plays for next.

In one of the great message board investigative jobs, 'TheWalrus' from FinHeaven may have outed fellow poster 'idrd1994' as Incognito's dad.

Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails - Page 6
Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails - Page 10

Apparently idrd1994 made several accusations about Martin that were deleted once the Dolphins suspended Incognito.

Fox's Mike Garafolo: Incognito sent "racially charged" texts and voicemails - Page 9

If you want to read what Incognito's Dad wrote, you can find it here in a screen shot, but I can't read it because I haven't posted 10 times on Gangreen

Fins Thread - Page 13 - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

If you listened to WEEI this morning, the attitude of some of these meatheads is paleolithic. They were going over the Gish Jen stuff. Had they stuck to her idiotic question about the Tsarnaev's and raked her over the coals for that, they would have been right. But instead they chose to go full out caveman and attack her comments and writing, called her a broad, and a "woman" by sneering it in a derogatory manner, then showed how truly stupid they are by calling her direct references to Shakespeare bad writing. It's perfectly fine for someone to say they don't know much about Shakespeare nor to get the references, but there are other people out there who have read Shakespeare and get the references. And I understand they are playing to an audience and so get to make fun of "literati" but it does nothing but reinforce that they are misogynistic meatheads.

You can bash Jen for defending terrorists (She wondered whether the Tsarnaev's were ostracized) and say her literary references are rarefied, that's alright. But to go all out against her gender and then to dismiss literature as nonsense makes you look like a fool.

Was Incognito ever really good enough to warrant putting up with his douchiness?

I'm going to wait until we have the facts.

Incognito seems like an *******. In addition, it's highly unlikely, but not impossible, that Martin even made it through his High School program let alone to the NFL by being "hyper-sensitive." So, the odds are that something is probably very wrong. But I'm willing to wait until we have more information.

If it turns out that bad stuff was going on (and not just the common and accepted, if juvenile, rituals of rookie year in the NFL), then I will regard Martin as someone who had the guts to take a risk and blow the whistle. Under those circumstances, I suspect that Martin would have no trouble finding another place to play; my guess is that if Incognito was as big an ******* as he might well be, Martin would have no trouble return to the 'fins. If it turns out that racist remarks or actions were involved, he would probably even be quietly welcomed back with open arms by most other players.

Again, just another reason to be grateful for Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick. Even a total idiot like Hernandez couldn't disrupt that locker room. As a Pats fan, I hope this really throws the Dolphins off their game for the rest of the season...couldn't happen to a nicer team. :singing:

As much as I blame Incognito, this stuff only can exist in an atmosphere of permissiveness and when the management is not paying attention or minimizing.. where were the team captains???

All week long have been listening to the idiots on the radio whyning about how BB is a pryck because he sat Ryan down for grabbing his crotch or how he did not start Ridley, because of some unknown reason they do not know, but they assume it has to be something similar..

OTOH would be very surprised that any of this would happen in the Pats Organization.. it is about focus and respect for the game..

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back