PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm fine with our "skill" players on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There, that's better.
You forgot WR2, unless Harry comes through. Sanu and Dorsett are fine as #3 and #4. I still can't believe we didn't take Terry McLaurin, with his ST play he seemed like a natural pick for the Patriots.

Every RB on the roster has a YPA in the 3's with the exception of Burkhead who has a 4.3 which is a little above average.

You can put Todd Gurley or Leveon Bell in the backfield and they would also do terrible. We have a terrible run blocking oline at the moment but you want to put the blame squarely on Sony.

It's pathetic tbh
The Browns O-line is terrible and Sony's old college teammate is doing pretty well. Our other running backs are either undrafted special teamers (Bolden), passing backs (White), or Harris who has barely had a shot. Sony should be making plays at least here and there. Chubb can do it with a bad O-line, Barkley can do it with a bad O-line, good running backs find a way to make plays.

Last season Blount had by far the worst YPA out of every RB on the Lions. The next lowest YPA after his 2.7 was a 4.3 with the highest being a 5.4.

The Patriots this year has every single RB on the Patriots averaging in the 3's with only Burkhead being the exception with a 4.3.

Was Bliunt hurt last season?

Burkhead is doing better because he is better at catching but also because he just runs to the line and then makes a couple jump cuts. Sony and every other running back should do the same.
It also doesn't help that whenever Sony's in the defense knows it's gonna be a run. Like when Blount was here.

The Browns O-line is terrible and Sony's old college teammate is doing pretty well. Our other running backs are either undrafted special teamers (Bolden), passing backs (White), or Harris who has barely had a shot. Sony should be making plays at least here and there. Chubb can do it with a bad O-line, Barkley can do it with a bad O-line, good running backs find a way to make plays.

The entire fault in this argument is you're assuming Chubb and Barkley would come here and kill it behind this oline when they have just as good of a chance to put up pedestrian numbers instead

The entire fault in this argument is you're assuming Chubb and Barkley would come here and kill it behind this oline when they have just as good of a chance to put up pedestrian numbers instead
I don’t know how much clearer I could’ve made my last post. Both Barkley and Chubb run behind crappy O-lines. Both Barkley and Chubb still find ways to make plays. Sony runs behind a crappy O-line. Sony does not find ways to make plays.

It also doesn't help that whenever Sony's in the defense knows it's gonna be a run. Like when Blount was here.
So then Sony’s own crapiness in the passing game makes him an even less productive runner.

You are wrong.

No, the entire fault in this argument is that you tried using 3 games worth of total yards to pump Michel up, while ignoring what's actually happening on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes