PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Im a big no on lamar jackson...

No thanks. A star player with a history of injuries, with a playing style prone to injuries. BTW, check out his come from behind victories.... not too many. Its the ultimate team game, you need a systemic view.

Do you like Dugger, Barmore, Uche, Owenu, Stevenson, Judon? Most of them will be gone by the start of '24 if we sign him.

Does our new OC have experience with this type of QB?

Abandoning his teammates doesn’t matter to you? Imagine how he will be after he gets his big payday. I think those things matter, and 1 career playoff win in 5 years speaks louder to me than “tremendous athlete”
Honestly I doubt he "abandoned his teammates", I think it's evident he was injured, perhaps not seriously, but given his overall situation he didn't want to risk further injury by playing at less than 100%. I don't really fault him for that. Regardless, he's in a better position now for a healthy offseason and a fresh start in 2023.

There are several rumors about possible trade partners with Baltimore, now including Minnesota, which would be an ideal spot for Jackson.

Honestly I doubt he "abandoned his teammates", I think it's evident he was injured, perhaps not seriously, but given his overall situation he didn't want to risk further injury by playing at less than 100%. I don't really fault him for that. Regardless, he's in a better position now for a healthy offseason and a fresh start in 2023.

There are several rumors about possible trade partners with Baltimore, now including Minnesota, which would be an ideal spot for Jackson.
How do you justify him not travelling to the game?

He was able to play and chose not to. In a playoff game.

I appreciate Lamar as a talent but I'm still very lost on why this is even a discussion - we don't have the personnel to run his offense, we're nowhere close to having the necessary TE's, and it'd be a wild scheme flip yet again.

Could Lamar do better than Mac in our current offense? Maybe. But there's no reason to fork over that amount of capital to put someone into an offense that doesn't play to their strengths only because it'd be a bit better than Mac. The investment is most worth it when you have the ability to run an offense catered to him.

It would take huge cajones which I doubt Kraft has AND he would piss off all of his owner buddies....BUT Lamar Jackson would instantly make the Patriots serious Super Bowl contenders and bring back a level of excitement that fans would love.
What would it take, probably the first rounder this year and next and Mac. Absolutely worth it. 45 million a year for 4 years all guaranteed...hell yes.
No risk, no gain. I am amazed at all the naysayers on here.
I do not care what his wonderlic score is. The guy is unique and would get even better with coaching of BoB and BB.

Sadly it won't happen though...it takes balls
Because if there is one thing we know about Bill Belichick, it's that he has no balls.

Lamar absolutely makes us a contender for several years. But of course you get people mocking him or moronic takes based on his wonderlic score as if the dude hasn’t been playing for years in the league and won an MVP.

There really shouldn’t be a question of whether we’d want Lamar as our QB, just the price of getting him.
And how many playoff games?

He has one playoff victory in five seasons.

He can't pass for accuracy from the pocket, something crucial in the playoffs against superior playoff defenses.

He'd make us like the Ravens for the last five years, a pretender.... not a contender.
And he writes tweets telling random fans to eat ****.

I'm sure the marketing/PR department is looking forward to someone like that, not.

He was able to play and chose not to. In a playoff game.
Says who? He and the team confirmed he wasn't 100% or even healthy enough to play. Lamar said he didn't feel he could be effective at that stage of his rehab and he wasn't going to risk further injury either.

You're making an unfounded statement.

How do you justify him not travelling to the game?
That's between Lamar and Baltimore. It would have nothing to do with his next team. Or if he sticks in Baltimore then no one will be worried about it at the start of the 2023 season.

the guy is a glorified rb , the media overhypes him...
A "glorified RB" who led the NFL in TD passes and owns an NFL MVP as a quarterback.

Lamar Jackson has a career 6.1 TD% and 2.3 INT%. Here a few QB comparisons...

Josh Allen
5.4 TD%
2.3 INT%

Joe Burrow
5.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Justin Herbert
4.8 TD%
1.8 INT%

Everyone agrees those are three of the best young QBs in the NFL. Lamar has a better TD% than each. Not bad for an RB I guess.

Here, look at these QBs...

Kirk Cousins
5.2 TD%
2.2 INT%

Derek Carr
4.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Mac Jones
3.7 TD%
2.5 INT%

All former pro bowl QBs (lol) and Lamar has better numbers than all of them (especially that last guy).

Says who? He and the team confirmed he wasn't 100% or even healthy enough to play. Lamar said he didn't feel he could be effective at that stage of his rehab and he wasn't going to risk further injury either.

That's between Lamar and Baltimore. It would have nothing to do with his next team. Or if he sticks in Baltimore then no one will be worried about it at the start of the 2023 season.

A "glorified RB" who led the NFL in TD passes and owns an NFL MVP as a quarterback.

Josh Allen
5.4 TD%
2.3 INT%

Joe Burrow
5.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Justin Herbert
4.8 TD%
1.8 INT%

Everyone agrees those are three of the best young QBs in the NFL. Lamar has a better TD% than each. Not bad for an RB I guess.

Kirk Cousins
5.2 TD%
2.2 INT%

Derek Carr
4.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Mac Jones
3.7 TD%
2.5 INT%

All former pro bowl QBs (lol) and Lamar has better numbers than all of them (especially that last guy).
you are a complete Lamary rumpswab...did you NOT see your heroboy was TWENTY SECOND in passing yards the year of his MVP?}??? Of course his completion % is going to be higher when he throws HALF what the great young QB's are throwing every season. You have now unmasked yourself...you're no Pats fan you're a scumbag Ravenite.

you are a complete Lamary rumpswab...did you NOT see your heroboy was TWENTY SECOND in passing yards the year of his MVP?}??? Of course his completion % is going to be higher when he throws HALF what the great young QB's are throwing every season. You have now unmasked yourself...you're no Pats fan you're a scumbag Ravenite.
Completion percentage?? Who mentioned that? You're not making sense anyway. If a QB has a 65% completion percentage for 300 attempts then odds are his completion percentage won't change much for the next 300... duh.

I made comparisons between TD% and INT% where Lamar compares at least favorably to every QB I listed. Sorry if posting facts makes me a "scumbag."

Try smoking some cannabis, you need to relax a bit.

After thinking on this a bit, I don’t think any team with a pick in the top 18-20 makes him a formal. offer until after the draft. Any team that signs him will be thinking that they will make the playoffs, and will likely want to use this year’s higher pick on a player. After the draft, FA is pretty much resolved, rosters are reset, and teams will consider the situation differently. You will scout differently in 2023 if you know you don’t have a first round pick.

I see it as about 25% chance he signs an offer sheet with another team, and about 85-90% likely he returns to the Ravens.

Josh Allen
5.4 TD%
2.3 INT%

Joe Burrow
5.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Justin Herbert
4.8 TD%
1.8 INT%

Kirk Cousins
5.2 TD%
2.2 INT%

Derek Carr
4.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Mac Jones
3.7 TD%
2.5 INT%

Mac Jones 521 pass attempts as a rookie were 120 more attempts than Lamar's career high. His passing yards were also more than Lamar has ever thrown in his life.

You're also comparing a guy drafted in 2018 to a guy drafted the season before last and pretending they're the same. Mac will either improve or be replaced by Zappe, one or both will be better passers than Lamar ever will.

There’s a reason he doesn’t pass a lot, because he’s not good at it. Hanging onto a cherry picked stat like “leading the NFL in TD’s” back in 2019 is misleading garbage. He got down to the redzone with his legs, opponents sold out to stop the run so passing TD’s to his massive TE’s was easy. He hasn’t done it since because teams have film on him now, he’s not sneaking up on anybody.

Mac Jones 521 pass attempts as a rookie were 120 more attempts than Lamar's career high. His passing yards were also more than Lamar has ever thrown in his life.

You're also comparing a guy drafted in 2018 to a guy drafted the season before last and pretending they're the same. Mac will either improve or be replaced by Zappe, one or both will be better passers than Lamar ever will.

There’s a reason he doesn’t pass a lot, because he’s not good at it.
just complete wrong
Hanging onto a cherry picked stat like “leading the NFL in TD’s” back in 2019 is misleading garbage. He got down to the redzone with his legs, opponents sold out to stop the run so passing TD’s to his massive TE’s was easy. He hasn’t done it since because teams have film on him now, he’s not sneaking up on anybody.

just complete wrong
Yeah… usually when someone is really good at passing, the coaches want to limit the number of passes to bottom of the league in attempts.

Especially Harbaugh, it’s not like he let Joe Flacco lead the entire NFL in pass attempts one year… (checks notes)…. errr never mind.

There’s a reason he doesn’t pass a lot, because he’s not good at it. Hanging onto a cherry picked stat like “leading the NFL in TD’s” back in 2019 is misleading garbage. He got down to the redzone with his legs, opponents sold out to stop the run so passing TD’s to his massive TE’s was easy. He hasn’t done it since because teams have film on him now, he’s not sneaking up on anybody.
lol... I'm cherry picking? Look at you, hypocrite, talking about passing yards, like you ever show any respect for volume stats. Of course when it supposedly helps your argument, they're suddenly ok.

Points! The only stat that matters, isn't that your usual position? What's more important yards or TDs? Also, your usual excuses for Mac, he was a rookie in 2021, and Patricia negates 2022. That doesn't work for me, so let's look at it like this... Mac has had 31 starts to this point.

Here's a comparison of Mac and Lamar through their respective first 31 NFL starts (passing only):

Mac Jones
16-15 record
36 TDs
3.7 TD%
24 INT
2.5 INT%
7.1 Y/A
89.0 passer rating

Lamar Jackson
25-6 record
56 TDs
6.9 TD%
14 INT
1.7 INT%
7.5 Y/A
102.6 passer rating (through end of 2020 season)

Look like Lamar blows Mac out of the water (in these passing stats). I wouldn't be harping on passing yards per game for either one of these guys, among all QBs with at least 500 pass attempts since Mac entered the league, Mac ranks 24th (219 Y/G), and Lamar ranks 30th (202 Y/G). However, Lamar has been far more efficient in wins, points (TDs), TD%, and turnovers (INT%).

Here's another fun stat... Lamar averages a game-winning drive in 16.4% of his starts. Mac averages a game-winning drive in 3.2% of his starts. Only 42! QBs have more game-winning drives than Mac since 2020.

Josh Allen
5.4 TD%
2.3 INT%

Joe Burrow
5.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Justin Herbert
4.8 TD%
1.8 INT%

Kirk Cousins
5.2 TD%
2.2 INT%

Derek Carr
4.4 TD%
2.0 INT%

Mac Jones
3.7 TD%
2.5 INT%

Here is a select* list of illustrious QBs who had more yards/game in 2022(note yards per game used because Lamar only played in 12 last 2 years)

Mac Jones
Ryan Tannehill
David Mills
Tylor Heinicke
Andy Dalton
Daniel Jones
Zach Wilson**
Bailey Zappe***

*select because I can't be bothered to type out all 26 qualifying QBs with more yards/game
**Yes the Zach Wilson from the NYJ
***This includes his 1st NFL game when he came in relief of Hoyer, and the Bears game where in came in in relief of Mac, both of which bring his average down

lol... I'm cherry picking? Look at you, hypocrite, talking about passing yards, like you ever show any respect for volume stats. Of course when it supposedly helps your argument, they're suddenly ok.

Points! The only stat that matters, isn't that your usual position? What's more important yards or TDs? Also, your usual excuses for Mac, he was a rookie in 2021, and Patricia negates 2022. That doesn't work for me, so let's look at it like this... Mac has had 31 starts to this point.

Here's a comparison of Mac and Lamar through their respective first 31 NFL starts (passing only):

Mac Jones
16-15 record
36 TDs
3.7 TD%
24 INT
2.5 INT%
7.1 Y/A
89.0 passer rating

Lamar Jackson
25-6 record
56 TDs
6.9 TD%
14 INT
1.7 INT%
7.5 Y/A

Look like Lamar blows Mac out of the water (in these passing stats). I wouldn't be harping on passing yards per game for either one of these guys, among all QBs with at least 500 pass attempts since Mac entered the league, Mac ranks 24th (219 Y/G), and Lamar ranks 30th (202 Y/G). However, Lamar has been far more efficient in wins, points (TDs), TD%, and turnovers (INT%).

Here's another fun stat... Lamar averages a game-winning drive in 16.4% of his starts. Mac averages a game-winning drive in 3.2% of his starts. Only 42! QBs have more game-winning drives than Mac since 2020.
lamar is a much better passer but facts don't interest the mac excuser/lamar hater circle.

Mac Jones
16-15 record
36 TDs
3.7 TD%
24 INT
2.5 INT%
7.1 Y/A
89.0 passer rating

Lamar Jackson
25-6 record
56 TDs
6.9 TD%
14 INT
1.7 INT%
7.5 Y/A

Well said regarding the absurd comparison. :rofl:
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back