PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Im a big no on lamar jackson...

Just not in the playoffs.
Well what’s worse? Lamar achieving game winning drives just not in the playoffs or Mac just not achieving game winning drives neither playoff nor regular season

Lamar is entering year six... and he had to get franchise tagged because he still couldn't get a new deal.
Baltimore offered Lamar a massive contract including $133 mil guaranteed which is more guaranteed money than Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray got last offseason. The issue is Lamar wants the fully guaranteed $230 mil contract that Watson signed. And Lamar seems intent on sticking with that when it comes to re-signing with Baltimore. It sounds like he's willing to take less guaranteed money from another team, because he clearly wants out of Baltimore, but they have him trapped with the non-exclusive franchise tag. So if he were to bend on his guaranteed $ demands with another team, Baltimore still has the right to match the offer sheet. It's a tricky standoff that only seems possible to resolve with a complicated trade scenario involving multiple draft picks and other players.

Well what’s worse? Lamar achieving game winning drives just not in the playoffs or Mac just not achieving game winning drives neither playoff nor regular season
Mac was a rookie in 2021, so it doesn't count, and 2022 doesn't count either because of Patricia. Mac will be officially starting his first NFL game in September of 2023. But if that doesn't go well, then the right has been reserved to discount that season as well, on account of he's working with a new OC. In which case, September of 2024.

Baltimore offered Lamar a massive contract including $133 mil guaranteed which is more guaranteed money than Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray got last offseason. The issue is Lamar wants the fully guaranteed $230 mil contract that Watson signed. And Lamar seems intent on sticking with that when it comes to re-signing with Baltimore. It sounds like he's willing to take less guaranteed money from another team, because he clearly wants out of Baltimore, but they have him trapped with the non-exclusive franchise tag. So if he were to bend on his guaranteed $ demands with another team, Baltimore still has the right to match the offer sheet. It's a tricky standoff that only seems possible to resolve with a complicated trade scenario involving multiple draft picks and other players.
If true, then Lamar is a worse agent than he is a passer.

Mac was a rookie in 2021, so it doesn't count, and 2022 doesn't count either because of Patricia. Mac will be officially starting his first NFL game in September of 2023. But if that doesn't go well, then the right has been reserved to discount that season as well, on account of he's working with a new OC. In which case, September of 2024.
As a rookie Mac passed for 674 more yards, 120 more attempts and higher completion percentage than Lamar did in 2019, his best season ever... but that doesn't count.

Mac or Zappe, whoever emerges as the starter this season, will pass for more yards than Lamar's best yet again... but it won't count.

As a rookie Mac passed for 674 more yards, 120 more attempts and higher completion percentage than Lamar did in 2019, his best season ever... but that doesn't count.

Mac or Zappe, whoever emerges as the starter this season, will pass for more yards than Lamar's best yet again... but it won't count.
Lamar more passing TD in his second season than Mac in his entire career but this doesn’t count

Lamar more passing TD in his second season than Mac in his entire career but this doesn’t count
Let's see what happens going forward. I like Mac and Zappe, so I don't feel the need to commit to one or the other.

But money aside, I'd take the unknown of those two over the known of Lamar Jackson all day every day.

Let's see what happens going forward. I like Mac and Zappe, so I don't feel the need to commit to one or the other.

But money aside, I'd take the unknown of those two over the known of Lamar Jackson all day every day.
Wozzy you talk about Lamar like he's on par Mayfield or Darnold: he's not as bad as you are making him out to be.

They aren't paying Mac $250 million guaranteed.
Duh!
Classic Reaction GIF

Wozzy you talk about Lamar like he's on par Mayfield or Darnold: he's not as bad as you are making him out to be.
Take away his legs and he's worse.... he's not getting any younger.

If true, then Lamar is a worse agent than he is a passer.
It's all true. The trade scenarios are pretty interesting, I'll be excited to see him with a fresh start on a new team (that hopefully has some decent receivers).

It's only about not counting for you when it fits your argument. Everything "counts" but what did those yards amount to? Like where are you moving the goalpost now? I compared their first 31 NFL starts...

Mac Jones
16-15 record
36 TDs
3.7 TD%
24 INT
2.5 INT%
7.1 Y/A
89.0 passer rating

Lamar Jackson
25-6 record
56 TDs
6.9 TD%
14 INT
1.7 INT%
7.5 Y/A
102.6 passer rating (through end of 2020 season)

Decided advantage down the entire list for the "running back." Just stop already with the passing yards, you're not helping your argument, neither one is prolific with passing yards. Since Mac has been in the league, he averages 17 passing yards per game more than Lamar... who cares?? Lamar has significantly more TDs, less INTs, and a much higher passer rating. And a much better winning percentage, but you'll toss that out too because it's a "team stat." Even though it's officially tracked for QBs and HCs as well.

I wouldn’t want to touch him with those demands and draft picks either

They aren't paying Mac $250 million guaranteed.
Lamar hasn't been getting paid that either. He was a unanimous league MVP in his first full season as a starter. He was paid $1,002,510 for that season. Not one front office in the entire NFL would consider offering Mac a bigger contact than Lamar. Only IBWT members of this forum think Mac's worth more $, has more upside as a player, and is the better QB. I guess because he has 17 more passing yards per game than Lamar since entering the league. Must be that, it's literally the only stat he's better (or even close) to Lamar.

Lamar hasn't been getting paid that either. He was a unanimous league MVP in his first full season as a starter. He was paid $1,002,510 for that season. Not one front office in the entire NFL would consider offering Mac a bigger contact than Lamar. Only IBWT members of this forum think Mac's worth more $, has more upside as a player, and is the better QB. I guess because he has 17 more passing yards per game than Lamar since entering the league. Must be that, it's literally the only stat he's better (or even close) to Lamar.
That's what he wants. That's what you'd have to pay to have him unless your the Ravens.

Stop comparing Lamar to Mac Jones and compare him to the true elite QBs in the league (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen).

He wants to be paid like those guys and he has not performed anywhere close to them. Especially not when it counts.

He is better than some of giving him credit for, but he is not someone I would build around. Way too limited.

That's what he wants. That's what you'd have to pay to have him unless your the Ravens.
I doubt anyone is paying Lamar $250 mil guaranteed. Cleveland had better hope Watson looks more like his old self next season or that contract is really going to look bonkers. Lamar wants $250 mil guaranteed from Baltimore because he doesn't really want to play there anymore. He would play for less guaranteed elsewhere but again Baltimore has the right to match the offer. His leverage isn't good unless he threatens to sit out but given the games he's missed over the last two seasons that would be a very bad decision. He needs a team to step up and put together an offer Baltimore can't refuse (especially given Lamar has made it clear he wants out).

Stop comparing Lamar to Mac Jones
I'm replying to other posters making the comparison.

compare him to the true elite QBs in the league (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen)
I'll give you a quick comparison... all three are better than Lamar. After all you're talking about the 3 best quarterbacks in the league (unless you want to argue Hurts over Burrow).

He wants to be paid like those guys and he has not performed anywhere close to them. Especially not when it counts.
He wants to be paid like Watson, who also isn't as good as either of those three.

It's all true. The trade scenarios are pretty interesting, I'll be excited to see him with a fresh start on a new team (that hopefully has some decent receivers).
Baltimore was one of the winningest franchises in the AFC before Lamar arrived, they won a ring with Flacco. The franchise is not the problem.
It's only about not counting for you when it fits your argument. Everything "counts" but what did those yards amount to? Like where are you moving the goalpost now? I compared their first 31 NFL starts...

Mac Jones
16-15 record
36 TDs
3.7 TD%
24 INT
2.5 INT%
7.1 Y/A
89.0 passer rating

Lamar Jackson
25-6 record
56 TDs
6.9 TD%
14 INT
1.7 INT%
7.5 Y/A
102.6 passer rating (through end of 2020 season)
Stop copy/pasting the same stats, a two year sample size with Patricia mucking things up in year two is not a good an indicator of anything. We're talking about passing.

Mac's rookie stats versus Lamar's best (2019), Mac is already a better passer than Lamar and has the potential to improve tremendously. LJ hasn't improved at all.
Decided advantage down the entire list for the "running back." Just stop already with the passing yards, you're not helping your argument, neither one is prolific with passing yards. Since Mac has been in the league, he averages 17 passing yards per game more than Lamar... who cares?? Lamar has significantly more TDs, less INTs, and a much higher passer rating. And a much better winning percentage, but you'll toss that out too because it's a "team stat." Even though it's officially tracked for QBs and HCs as well.
Lamar has been in the league 5 seasons, he has gotten worse every season since 2019, his first as a starter.

You're the king of telling us QB is the only thing that matters, Lamar only has one playoff victory, but it's not his fault despite the horrible stat lines he has posted.

He's overrated, great on Madden, great in fantasy football, great in the regular season against the dregs... the reason they lose in the playoffs against great defenses.

I wouldn’t want to touch him with those demands and draft picks either
Like I said, set the draft picks and money aside... I'd rather have the unknown of Mac and Zappe.

If Lamar is the reason they can't win a playoff game, then I don't want him, regardless of circumstance.

I don't know if Mac or Zappe will develop into that superior passer, I know for sure Lamar never will.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back