PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Im a big no on lamar jackson...

Yeah… usually when someone is really good at passing, the coaches want to limit the number of passes to bottom of the league in attempts.

Especially Harbaugh, it’s not like he let Joe Flacco lead the entire NFL in pass attempts one year… (checks notes)…. errr never mind.
you said :" There’s a reason he doesn’t pass a lot, because he’s not good at it.

This is so wrong, they don't pass as often as other offenses because they have a run heavy offense. This obv leads to fewer passing attempts. Their number of passing attempts is related to their offense phylosophy and not lamar not being able to pass. this was a made up statement

you also used flacco as an example to support this argument

have you ever thought that harbaugh ran a different offense with flacco than with lamar?
With lamar they designed a different offense more related to the run, especially the element of RPO, read options and designed qb runs.
So just because they passed more with flacco does not mean they think lamar can't pass. Wrong conclusion

I don’t see us trading for Lamar cause I have to believe Mac would of been traded to the Raiders.

I don’t see too many teams who could cough up even a third round pick for Mac currently.

I was screaming at the tv when we passed on him twice.
And the two guys we picked over him are not even on the Team and barely hanging on in the league. :rolleyes:

If Kraft wants a winner cough up the picks and money for a Franchise QB.
Unless you think there’s already one here.
Not to go off topic but I think a RPO QB is the way to go and there are many of them in this league. I would pull the trigger on QB Hendon Hooker Tennessee in the Third. He's an older prospect love his poise in the pocket Hooker has a lot to work with.

lol... I'm cherry picking? Look at you, hypocrite, talking about passing yards, like you ever show any respect for volume stats. Of course when it supposedly helps your argument, they're suddenly ok.

Points! The only stat that matters, isn't that your usual position? What's more important yards or TDs? Also, your usual excuses for Mac, he was a rookie in 2021, and Patricia negates 2022. That doesn't work for me, so let's look at it like this... Mac has had 31 starts to this point.

Here's a comparison of Mac and Lamar through their respective first 31 NFL starts (passing only):

Mac Jones
16-15 record
36 TDs
3.7 TD%
24 INT
2.5 INT%
7.1 Y/A
89.0 passer rating

Lamar Jackson
25-6 record
56 TDs
6.9 TD%
14 INT
1.7 INT%
7.5 Y/A
102.6 passer rating (through end of 2020 season)

Look like Lamar blows Mac out of the water (in these passing stats). I wouldn't be harping on passing yards per game for either one of these guys, among all QBs with at least 500 pass attempts since Mac entered the league, Mac ranks 24th (219 Y/G), and Lamar ranks 30th (202 Y/G). However, Lamar has been far more efficient in wins, points (TDs), TD%, and turnovers (INT%).

Here's another fun stat... Lamar averages a game-winning drive in 16.4% of his starts. Mac averages a game-winning drive in 3.2% of his starts. Only 42! QBs have more game-winning drives than Mac since 2020.
Of course volume doesn't matter, passing attempts and yards don't matter either... or else you'd have to address why Lamar is near last in the league at both annually.

He's only thrown for 3000+ yards once.... ages ago in NFL terms.

Jakobi Meyers was a perfect 4-4 on passes, maybe we should have played him at QB lol.

Nobody wants to pay Lamar including his own team... most good rookie QB's get new deals after year three, even though their rookie contracts aren't finished.

Lamar is entering year six... and he had to get franchise tagged because he still couldn't get a new deal.

you said :" There’s a reason he doesn’t pass a lot, because he’s not good at it.

This is so wrong, they don't pass as often as other offenses because they have a run heavy offense. This obv leads to fewer passing attempts. Their number of passing attempts is related to their offense phylosophy and not lamar not being able to pass. this was a made up statement

you also used flacco as an example to support this argument

have you ever thought that harbaugh ran a different offense with flacco than with lamar?
With lamar they designed a different offense more related to the run, especially the element of RPO, read options and designed qb runs.
So just because they passed more with flacco does not mean they think lamar can't pass. Wrong conclusion
Flacco won a ring... to date not one great runner average/poor passer has ever won a ring.

Randall Cunningham, Vick, Cam... you have to be able to pass well from the pocket, running is gravy... a bonus.

Tom Brady was the least athletic running QB in every season he played, do the math.

Passing is the job.

Of course volume doesn't matter, passing attempts and yards don't matter either... or else you'd have to address why Lamar is near last in the league at both annually.

He's only thrown for 3000+ yards once.... ages ago in NFL terms.

Jakobi Meyers was a perfect 4-4 on passes, maybe we should have played him at QB lol.

Nobody wants to pay Lamar including his own team... most good rookie QB's get new deals after year three, even though their rookie contracts aren't finished.

Lamar is entering year six... and he had to get franchise tagged because he still couldn't get a new deal.
Doesn't QB's carry the highest tag numbers? Which gives a Team leverage in not losing a player for nothing strange post Wozzy.

Not to go off topic but I think a RPO QB is the way to go and there are many of them in this league. I would pull the trigger on QB Hendon Hooker Tennessee in the Third. He's an older prospect love his poise in the pocket Hooker has a lot to work with.
I like Hendon Hooker also, but he passed for accuracy in college.

Doesn't QB's carry the highest tag numbers? Which gives a Team leverage in not losing a player for nothing strange post Wozzy.
Nobody wants to play on the tag because there's no security, it's flying with no parachute.

Flacco won a ring... to date not one great runner average/poor passer has ever won a ring.

Randall Cunningham, Vick, Cam... you have to be able to pass well from the pocket, running is gravy... a bonus.

Tom Brady was the least athletic running QB in every season he played, do the math.

Passing is the job.
this has nothing to do with our argument

this has nothing to do with our argument
Flacco was never the best QB in the league, he was merely good at best... Harbaugh allowed him to attempt the 2nd most passes in the entire NFL in 2016. The Ravens have always been a run heavy team.

They don't pass a lot now because Lamar has to be protected, schemed into successful passing. He can't simply drop back into the pocket and beat teams from there. That's what you have to do in the postseason to win against great playoff caliber defenses. This is why he's won a single postseason game in his entire career, despite being surrounded by a good to great teams.

Here's another fun stat... Lamar averages a game-winning drive in 16.4% of his starts. Mac averages a game-winning drive in 3.2% of his starts. Only 42! QBs have more game-winning drives than Mac since 2020.
Just not in the playoffs.

Just not in the playoffs.
Jpy2e6h.jpg

Aren't you the same guy that says the QB doesn't matter its all about the team? Can't put majority of the blame on the QB when you refuse to give majority of the credit to the QB. Let's keep the same energy

Maybe if his RBs would stop fumbling the ball after Mac drives them down the field into game-winning position he would have more game-winning drives?:haha:

Aren't you the same guy that says the QB doesn't matter it’s all about the team? Can't put majority of the blame on the QB when you refuse to give majority of the credit to the QB. Let's keep the same energy
Find a single quote of me saying “the QB doesn’t matter.” You can’t, because that’s dumb and was never even insinuated by me.

The QB is part of the team, you need good QB play the same way you need every other position group to play well.

In Lamar’s short career he’s only played with one defense that’s been outside the top ten in points allowed. His offensive lines when healthy were decent. He’s had one of the best TE’s in the league and solid weapons at both WR and RB.

He played horrible in the postseason… him.

Lamar Jackson's playoff stats: 4 games, 1-3 record, 55% passing, 3 TD's/5 INT's, 68 QB Rating, 5 Fumbles.

But it sure is funny how the “QB’s are all the matters” guys are quick to tell us it’s not the QB’s fault when they lose… it’s everyone else. Then and only then does team matter.

Last edited:
Here is a select* list of illustrious QBs who had more yards/game in 2022(note yards per game used because Lamar only played in 12 last 2 years)

Mac Jones
Ryan Tannehill
David Mills
Tylor Heinicke
Andy Dalton
Daniel Jones
Zach Wilson**
Bailey Zappe***
This is hysterical, suddenly yardage is the go to stat.

Here's a good yardage stat...

Excluding (DJ), those other 7 QBs combined for 560 rushing yards in 77 games... that's 7.3 yards per game. Lamar all by himself rushed for 764 yards in just 12 games (63.7 yards per game).

Back to passing stats and the percentage I was referring to (Zappe didn't have enough passing attempts to qualify)...

TD% 2022
5.2% Jackson
4.8% Dalton
4.6% Heinicke
4.0% Tannehill
3.5% Mills
3.2% DJ
3.2% Mac
2.5% Zach

Look who's firmly at the top of the list. The "running back."

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back