PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Im a big no on lamar jackson...

He wants to be paid like Watson, who also isn't as good as either of those three.
Watson led the entire league in passing yards in 2020, Lamar couldn't do that in his dreams.

I don’t see us trading for Lamar cause I have to believe Mac would of been traded to the Raiders.

I don’t see too many teams who could cough up even a third round pick for Mac currently.

Washington or going back in trade to the Ravens. Don’t think Raiders were the only chance to unload Mac. If the Pats can get a 2nd then I do it.

Ted Johnson talking about Lamar Jackson said Bill coaches this team like it's 1985.

He played 12 games in 21, he played 12 games in 2022...

RB's aren't getting paid what they used to because they get hurt, running QB's are no different.
I agree.. I also think that if you cut down the amount of RPO play calls he. An stay healthy. He does have an arm and can extend plays. If he were to come to the Pats he also would have Stevenson etc.. to save some miles. I think no longer than a 4 year contract.

Stafford was a pocket guy....

Remember what the Ravens did after they gave Flacco the big money...

Say you deal #46 and 76 to get into the late 30's and the Ravens take #14 and that pick for his rights. You deal Mac and #117 to get in the low 40's. It costs $60M guaranteed x 5 = $300M to sign our new savior.

By '25 most of these guys gone: Judon, Uche, Dugger, Owenu, Stevenson, Barmore. Forget a big time X WR FA. And since we lost draft capital in getting him, replenishment won't be quick.

Planet player some call him. I call him a bet at the roulette wheel on a single number is how much chance we have to win a SB with him. 50% shot he doesn't finish 2 seasons, and 45% says his playoff here record is under .500.

Build the team, see Mac this year, then decide. big QB class in the next draft. Keep drafting every 4 years if you have too.

People that only watched the Pats the last 22 years have warped expectations, been watching since 1966. Starr til Favre, Young to nobody, odds are one title every 32 years. Stop with Zolak's sidekick and Felger... those guys are like 9 year olds in a candy store. How much have they earned from an NFL team for their accumen? Right. Nothing.

I agree.. I also think that if you cut down the amount of RPO play calls he. A stay healthy. He does have an arm and can extend plays. If he were to come to the Pats he also would have Stevenson etc.. to save some miles. I think no longer than a 4 year contract.
He’s not good enough of a passer to take the running element away from him. Besides our system calls for a pocket passer, there’s no way they’re changing to an option offense.

Watson led the entire league in passing yards in 2020, Lamar couldn't do that in his dreams.
Lamar led the league in passing TDs in 2019 and added 7 scores on the ground. Has Watson done that? See how utterly silly this argument is?

Lamar led the league in passing TDs in 2019 and added 7 scores on the ground. Has Watson done that? See how utterly silly this argument is?
You have to play to amass stats:

Games played per season: 15/16, 15/16, 12/17, 12/17

It seems he sat out games last year due to contract issues. Think BB or Kraft wants a guy that puts his contract size above the team in season?

If it was Mahomes we are talking about - sure. He isn't. Assuming he stays in the AFC, I'd rather have Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence. And a few others are at least in the conversation: Watson, Herbert, and if Stroud is in the AFC, him too. Is he more difficult (when healthy and playing) than Mac for defenses? Yes. If the team is gutted, to pay for him, can he lead the Pats to the SB? His track record and the strength of the AFC says no.

BB seems to me to be filling up on the run game, and short/intermediate passing game (5-15 yds), and red zone non smurf targets - all seems to fit Mac.

2019 is the only thing Lamar truthers have left to hang onto.

The year Jackson led the league in TD's is the only season of his career he surpassed 3000 Yards passing. This in a league where QB's are pushing to double that passing yard total. He led his offense down the field with his legs and the threat of the run made his ability to pass in the red zone easy... well that and they had 3 good TE's that season, also because nobody knew what Jackson was that year being a first time starter.

What has happened since:

YEAR - QB RATING
2018 - 84.5
2019 - 113.3
2020 - 99.3
2021 - 87.0
2022 - 91.1

He only started 12 games in 2021 and another 12 in 2022. Once his legs go, what then?

Nobody wants a QB with a monster contract who can't pass.

The year Watson led the NFL in passing yards he was 6th in passing TD's and completed 70% of his passes, and he was top ten in pass attempts, not 25-29th like Lamar typically is. He was also 2nd in the entire league in QB Rating.

Passing is the job, running is nice... but you have to pass from the pocket in the playoffs to beat superior defenses.

Last edited:
totally different QBs, however....Stafford can sit and the pocket and throw, successfully
stafford was only used as a comparison there to argument, that you can not predict injuries or the number of games lamar will play over the next years
there was no intention to compare lamar and stafford for their style of qb for my understanding

stafford was only used as a comparison there to argument, that you can not predict injuries or the number of games lamar will play over the next years
there was no intention to compare lamar and stafford for their style of qb for my understanding

except you CAN predict greater wear and tear on a running QB vs a pocket QB

decent little read.......i don't think lamar has the passing skills to continue to be a top level QB as his rushing skills diminish.......and he accounted for such a large portion of the Ravens rushing offense, there's a really good chance his runs fall off just like virtually every other modern RB does......you simply cannot sustain a long career as a rusher in the NFL these days, and he doesn't have the pocket skills to make the transition to a pass first QB who can use his legs

Do you think Watson, or really any quarterback in the NFL, dreams of being a unanimous league MVP?

RB's aren't getting paid what they used to because they get hurt, running QB's are no different.
RBs aren't paid what they used to be because it's 2023 and they're relatively unimportant in today's NFL. All QBs are getting paid, including "running quarterbacks."

YEAR - QB RATING
2018 - 84.5
2019 - 113.3
2020 - 99.3
2021 - 87.0
2022 - 91.1
113.3 is the 12th highest single season passer rating in the history of the league.

Lamar's career passer rating is 13th all time...

12. Steve Young 96.8
13. Lamar Jackson 96.7
14. Peyton Manning 96.5

Yet you say he "can't pass" lol! They should remove Peyton from the HOF!

Ted Johnson talking about Lamar Jackson said Bill coaches this team like it's 1985.
Ted Johnson doing his show prep:
ax.gif

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore