PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

Wasn’t he waived yesterday? Was that a false report?

Why am I seeing he was excused again from practice?

Who gives a bleep about OBJ? I would take Edleman and Amendola over anyone of these "diva" receivers except for Randy Moss.

P.S. Leaving who is a "diva" receiver purposely vague. :)

Last edited:
Tampa will let Godwin walk and AB will be a free Agent OBJ will be in Tampa next year
Agreed, there are better options and NE will be players in free agency as long as they’re paying Mac like a rookie.

Apparently the Browns coach told his players OBJ is not with the team anymore. Not sure what the exact words were but I find that a bit weird. Lets not forget though that this guy pays chicks to fly coast to coast to take a dump on his face. Do we really want that in the locker room?
Kellen Winslow kept a life sized sex doll in his locker, took it from game to game, then turned out a serial rapist.

If ODB enjoys a Cleveland steamer now and then, let him, no harm done (except for him).

Randy Moss

NFL Media person says the issue is OBJ isn't running the routes the Browns want him to run...

Very difficult seeing the Pats signing up for that..

I'd take him, but he'll probably somehow end up at the Bucs

Look at OBJ’s yards/target in the far right column.

He was elite in 2014-15, but his fade started well before Cleveland. A lot of this was overlooked because his efficiency went down, but the Giants threw to him so much that his production appeared to be the same.

One thing to note is his smallish frame being a concern coming into the league. He started getting injuries in 2016/17 with hip, groin, and then the ACL in 2020.

He’s still very talented, but he isn’t that generational talent from early in his career.

1636100543212.png

I'd take him, but he'll probably somehow end up at the Bucs
The Bucs have no place for him. They don’t need offensive help.

Like that has stopped them to this point...
I don’t know what you are talking about. They made one move at receiver in a year and a half. They have 0 need at that position

I don’t know what you are talking about. They made one move at receiver in a year and a half. They have 0 need at that position

We heard this before when Gronk came out of retirement and when AB became available. "They've got OJ Howard and Cameron Brate, they don't need another TE" / "They've got Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, there's no room for AB".

Last edited:
Baltimore wouldn’t shock me because they always sign guys you didn’t see coming.
This is a good prediction.

IRT the Pats...this would seem like an Ochocinco vs Moss type signing. For all Randy's supposed personal warts, he was still a huge student of the game. I don't get the same vibe from OBJ. He seems to be one of those "talent wins" guys that doesn't also realize that talent plus the mental aspect usually guarantees wins.

Tell us again how the CBA doesn't cover how teams can suspend players and it is only in their contracts. I love fantasy stories.

I was right that you couldn't admit you are wrong. You post a long rambling post accusing me of making up stuff and everything you posted in the post to counter my facts was 100% fiction. #massiveeggonyourface
Heres the rub... Borne out by hindsight...

Browns held him out or excused him from practice ... That's not against the CBA, no matter what Florio says... The team did not suspend him, they were working on a contract revision to make it more palatable for teams to claim him...

The team does have to allow him access to the facilities etc, but it does not require them to have him on the active roster... As long as they allow him access and pay him, there is nothing obj can do... Simply put they do not have to play him if they don't want to.

Even if the browns held him out, as you said, they can suspend him for conduct for up to a month... And it's been, what, less than a week? The browns are well within their CBA negotiated rights...

What I don't get is why all these guys are referring to a 2006 CBA... The most recent and the CBA the union agreed to was 2020... That agreement is the overriding authority... Haven't read it in it's entirety, and maybe it references, or the clauses originated in 2006, but it is the 2020 CBA that needs to be cited, not 2006.

As for obj ... He's being released with a reworked contract today... I'm sure with offsets... Due diligence says we should at the very least, bring him in for a road test

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back