PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Mac and BB have irreconcilable differences, what is Mac’s trade value?

this should be merged into the other nonsense threads about Mac being traded

ignore thread getting a workout today

Agreed - over 100 posts on the 3rd or 4th thread about Mac bring traded when 3 or 4 reporters have said they think it is a non story. Now it is morphing to BB and Mac tension.

Agreed - over 100 posts on the 3rd or 4th thread about Mac bring traded when 3 or 4 reporters have said they think it is a non story. Now it is morphing to BB and Mac tension.
If you don’t think there’s tension between the HC and QB I think you’re mistaken. Tension started during that ass whopping vs Chicago last season.

If you don’t think there’s tension between the HC and QB I think you’re mistaken. Tension started during that ass whopping vs Chicago last season.

How do you know that? Because BB wants Mac to grow up and earn the starter's job? There were times I wanted my son to grow up but there was no tension. I kept guiding him and patiently waited. I surely did not coddle him. You want BB to be kind and hand Mac the starting position over Bailey without ever earning it?

That’s one big reason I don’t think there’s a serious plan to move Mac. I think it would be good if there was, at this point, but it’s unrealistic.

so I think this is meant to be a crystal clear message to Mac. Problem is, I don’t think Corky can figure it out.

I’m worried that we haven’t heard about him having any throwing sessions with his receivers this year. Seems he has given up on doing that part of his job. We’ll see how well he’s spending all the time and work he’s supposedly doing at the facility when camp opens,mor when he finally has some throwing sessions on his own. Until then I’m not optimistic.
@n6249c

I wish the story never surfaced, however I'm looking at the fact no top notch reputable reporters are denying it. Even breer mentioned he feels it's true.

Nonetheless RK, BB & Mac all need to come together if they already haven't and just get things in the right direction, all the ego's need to get put aside.

We the fans were optimistic with BOB being hired, some FAs coming in and just looking at a fresh new season.

My hope is things aren't beyond repair!

To clarify, this is not me saying let’s move on from Mac. This is just playing out the scenario that both sides sour in the relationship and the team decides on a fresh start.

What would we get in return? If I had to guess, a 2023 second plus another conditional pick in 24 based on playing time/performance would make sense.

Best fit would seem to be Tampa. Tampa will not be in a position to draft a premium QB, and are in a cap position where they will likely need a cheaper option.

Mac gives them that for the next couple of seasons, and they can give him the 5th year if he plays well for them next year.

Mac to Tampa for a 2023 2nd and a 2024 3rd that turns into a 2nd if he meets performance incentives? Just spitballing what a trade would look like.
Cousin,
In my humble opinion, if the Pats are considering Jackson, Mac becomes part of the compensation to the Ravens. The Ravend need to have a warm body under center.

So maybe #14 and Mac and a #2 in 2025 ......PENDING...... how many games Jackson actually plays. If not at least 15 the Ravens get a 4th or 5th.
No to two #1 picks if they take Mac.
DW Toys

Problem with that is if Zappe wins the job you end up with a disgruntled former #1 prima donna riding the pine getting splinters up his butt. He‘ll be sulking and sowing dissension and whining to the owner and mediots will be spilling barrels of toxic ink all over the team. Is that the recipe for a successful season? Best thing to do is cut all ties as quickly as possible after determining he’s not the top dog.
Toooooooony Eason.

Tony Eason.

Tony Eason.

Tooooooooony Eason...

To clarify, this is not me saying let’s move on from Mac. This is just playing out the scenario that both sides sour in the relationship and the team decides on a fresh start.

What would we get in return? If I had to guess, a 2023 second plus another conditional pick in 24 based on playing time/performance would make sense.

Best fit would seem to be Tampa. Tampa will not be in a position to draft a premium QB, and are in a cap position where they will likely need a cheaper option.

Mac gives them that for the next couple of seasons, and they can give him the 5th year if he plays well for them next year.

Mac to Tampa for a 2023 2nd and a 2024 3rd that turns into a 2nd if he meets performance incentives? Just spitballing what a trade would look like.
I'd try to hold out for a 2nd round pick. Mac Jones is not too far removed from a promising season. So some NFL talent evaluators might be willing to to give us a substantial pick in return.

Of course you can also expect some lowball offers like a 4th or 5th round pick, that's just going to happen. Tampa Bay might make sense as a destination or any QB starved team that doesn't have a top 5 pick in this year's draft. San Francisco also might make sense because I believe Kyle Shanahan originally wanted Mac Jones but was talked into Trey Lance. But then again maybe they believe in Brock Purdy so who knows.

I'd try to hold out for a 2nd round pick. Mac Jones is not too far removed from a promising season. So some NFL talent evaluators might be willing to to give us a substantial pick in return.

Of course you can also expect some lowball offers like a 4th or 5th round pick, that's just going to happen. Tampa Bay might make sense as a destination or any QB starved team that doesn't have a top 5 pick in this year's draft. San Francisco also might make sense because I believe Kyle Shanahan originally wanted Mac Jones but was talked into Trey Lance. But then again maybe they believe in Brock Purdy so who knows.
and BB will take that 4th round pick. After last season, Mac is worth squat IMO to any other franchise .

Tension is a fact of life for NFL QB/coach combinations. It is easy to look back at the Brady era with rose colored glasses. In reality there was plenty of tension there as well. Not retaining Branch, Milloy, etc., Alex G, AB, TB12 forcing the trade for Sanu, the Gisele meeting with Kraft and many more that we don't know about. Ultimately BB and Brady were able to make it work.

Pressure makes diamonds. if Mac fails, it won't be caused by he and BB having some tense moments.

I read the first page of this thread. Went to the last page and read it too and it was pretty clear that the 4 pages I didn't read were exactly like the on and a half pages I did. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH the drama of it all.

It's all a massive waste of time and digital trees spending time OVER analyzing the obvious. Jones is pissed at what he had to go through in his second season. Bill isn't mad THAT Jones is pissed, just the manner in which he handled the situation publically. They WILL deal with it. Mac is now in a FAR better coaching situation, and it will be up to him to show us that what we saw in year ONE was the REAL Mac Jones, not the QB we saw last year.

As to the "story" that the Pats actively shopped Mac, I think its speculation that was reported as fact. I mean the Pats would be irresponsible if they didn't try and gage the trade value of ALL their players at one time or the other. Why would a player get pissed over that. Jobs are EARNED in the NFL and Mac wasn't that good last year, Why WOULDN'T he expect to have to win his job back. SURE there were a LOT of legitimate excuses that could be made, but "you ARE what your record says you are." Wasn't that a big Parcells quote.

Listen we live in a world where 25% of the country's voters ACTUALLY think the 2020 election was a fraud, DESPITE the fact that it was the most highly scrutinized election in American history. IIRC there were around 70 suits filed by Trump claiming fraud, and more than a few were in front of Judges HE gave their jobs, and EVERY one of those suits were thrown due to lack of ACTUAL evidence. 0-70. And yet BECAUSE they WANT to believe it's true a significant minority believes the lie.

That is kind of what is happening here. There are some people here that were very unhappy with Mac's performance. They want to forget his first year entirely, when he was by FAR the best of the rookies, and are ready to move one. So when a reporter, who's job it is to create content, throws out some possible speculation that agrees with their narrative, they are going to run with it. and possibility quickly becomes absolute fact.

And in other news OBJ who last week told us he DIDN'T need $15MM guaranteed just got almost EXACTLY that number from the Ravens. $15MM for a guy who has had 67 catches and just over 850 receiving yards TOTAL over the last THREE seasons. Some think his signing will make Jackson want to come back and play for Baltimore. But I wonder if he isn't at home thinking, "Jesus, they just gave $15MM guaranteed to a guy who created fewer yds in 3 ****ing years than I create in 4 games, and I'M the one without a contract".

OK, late nite (early morning) rant is over. Sorry about that

"

Once upon a time, facts mattered.
It's certainly factual that a daily GM responsibility is to listen to calls about players.
It's not illegal for us as fans to make wild guesses about such things, & play GM with trade grades the GM Must Make.
I've found it more fun to watch spring football XFL/USFL.
We seem to have more than understandable pissed-off-ness about our Pats losing period - conspiracy, blame, vengeance rumors follow?
Wonder if the negativity is "displaced" (shrink term) from more serious stuff.
Like, everything else in current society = No Worries?
Even poor ol' Trump & the incorruptible election gets dragged in...
I keep asking: Pats get who/what for Mac Jones, to make the team better 2023?
&/or: Bob Kraft gets who/what for BB that improves Pats 2023?
A serious few of the mostly insufferable Mock Drafters (do they ever get called on their calls?) give serious focus to OT, CB & other positional needs.
With or without the Savior factor of a superstar WR, drafting for Pats 2023 basic personnel actually strengthens our team, 2023 & future - while allowing a legit Mac/Zappe QB competition to play out till Sept.
Mac flunks? BZ becomes new TB?
Then, declining Mac's 5th yr. option can make sense, & finagling whatever player/pick reward for him would have some reality.
Maybe blockbuster trade will amaze us all.
Verifying facts - business principals in a position to do so, by definition, should keep quiet, in professional trust among themselves, by ignoring the daily blather.
Altho, insiders (like Goodell) whose own real Influencers may have neither professional nor ethical motivation, can always distort or mislead any attempt at facts, by us mere outsiders.
If we're on to election integrity, f'rinstance, do we overlook that judges/election commissioners are political appointees?
Or, that making journalistic noise matters more than facts to many of that "profession?"
How about gratitude, also, for Celtics/Bruins current winning, to keep our spirits up during this oddball Pats offseason?
I think the only cause for serious depression about our NE Pats would be a 2nd yr.'s disaster w/ the offensive line, somehow (again) being unable to consistently protect either of our actually promising young QB's.
Even if neither proves equal to Burrow or Hurts.
What if 1 of them just = a Stafford?

I read the first page of this thread. Went to the last page and read it too and it was pretty clear that the 4 pages I didn't read were exactly like the on and a half pages I did. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH the drama of it all.

It's all a massive waste of time and digital trees spending time OVER analyzing the obvious. Jones is pissed at what he had to go through in his second season. Bill isn't mad THAT Jones is pissed, just the manner in which he handled the situation publically. They WILL deal with it. Mac is now in a FAR better coaching situation, and it will be up to him to show us that what we saw in year ONE was the REAL Mac Jones, not the QB we saw last year.

As to the "story" that the Pats actively shopped Mac, I think its speculation that was reported as fact. I mean the Pats would be irresponsible if they didn't try and gage the trade value of ALL their players at one time or the other. Why would a player get pissed over that. Jobs are EARNED in the NFL and Mac wasn't that good last year, Why WOULDN'T he expect to have to win his job back. SURE there were a LOT of legitimate excuses that could be made, but "you ARE what your record says you are." Wasn't that a big Parcells quote.

Listen we live in a world where 25% of the country's voters ACTUALLY think the 2020 election was a fraud, DESPITE the fact that it was the most highly scrutinized election in American history. IIRC there were around 70 suits filed by Trump claiming fraud, and more than a few were in front of Judges HE gave their jobs, and EVERY one of those suits were thrown due to lack of ACTUAL evidence. 0-70. And yet BECAUSE they WANT to believe it's true a significant minority believes the lie.

That is kind of what is happening here. There are some people here that were very unhappy with Mac's performance. They want to forget his first year entirely, when he was by FAR the best of the rookies, and are ready to move one. So when a reporter, who's job it is to create content, throws out some possible speculation that agrees with their narrative, they are going to run with it. and possibility quickly becomes absolute fact.

And in other news OBJ who last week told us he DIDN'T need $15MM guaranteed just got almost EXACTLY that number from the Ravens. $15MM for a guy who has had 67 catches and just over 850 receiving yards TOTAL over the last THREE seasons. Some think his signing will make Jackson want to come back and play for Baltimore. But I wonder if he isn't at home thinking, "Jesus, they just gave $15MM guaranteed to a guy who created fewer yds in 3 ****ing years than I create in 4 games, and I'M the one without a contract".

OK, late nite (early morning) rant is over. Sorry about that

"

Ken, I have a great deal of respect for you, but delete this post. This isn’t a political forum, and putting political posts out here ruins this forum. Everyone should talk football, there should be zero politics in this forum, it’s simply too divisive to do here.

Ken, I have a great deal of respect for you, but delete this post. This isn’t a political forum, and putting political posts out here ruins this forum. Everyone should talk football, there should be zero politics in this forum, it’s simply too divisive to do here.
I disagree.

Ken‘s post was six paragraphs. Only one had political content, and that was mostly focused on the problem of people constructing an alternate fact-denying reality. Should not be divisive to state that denying facts is a problem.

Good post Ken. Don’t cave to political pressure by deleting it.

I disagree.

Ken‘s post was six paragraphs. Only one had political content, and that was mostly focused on the problem of people constructing an alternate fact-denying reality. Should not be divisive to state that denying facts is a problem.

Good post Ken. Don’t cave to political pressure by deleting it.

I’m on the same side as Ken, and I can tell you for a fact that any introduction of politics into this forum is a really bad idea. And I gave a right winger who consistently does that a ton of sh.t for it just a few weeks ago, we used to have a political forum here and it completely poisoned this place. There are a million websites for people to argue politics on, this is a place to discuss Patriots and football in general. Politics need to be kept out of here.

I’m on the same side as Ken, and I can tell you for a fact that any introduction of politics into this forum is a really bad idea. And I gave a right winger who consistently does that a ton of sh.t for it just a few weeks ago, we used to have a political forum here and it completely poisoned this place. There are a million websites for people to argue politics on, this is a place to discuss Patriots and football in general. Politics need to be kept out of here.
I agree about keeping politics out. I did not read Ken’s post as being political.

@n6249c

I wish the story never surfaced, however I'm looking at the fact no top notch reputable reporters are denying it. Even breer mentioned he feels it's true.

Nonetheless RK, BB & Mac all need to come together if they already haven't and just get things in the right direction, all the ego's need to get put aside.

We the fans were optimistic with BOB being hired, some FAs coming in and just looking at a fresh new season.

My hope is things aren't beyond repair!
Wait. What? When did Breer become a "top notch reputable reporter"?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back