PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How worried would you be to face the New Orleans Saints in the Superbowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you possibly be talking about the Super Bowl after the last few games? This is the most ridiculous thread since all the "19-0" threads in the preseason.

This thread has been quite an enjoyable read, but it's probably a bit premature.

I would love to face you guys in the Super Bowl. I have always felt that if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. But we have a lot to do before we can start talking Super Bowl.

We need to win our division this weekend against Tampa first. Then I really want to beat the Vikes if we get past the WC round. They are still whining about how we stole their 2009 SB win. Then there is the NFCCG to get through.

Here's hoping we can square off for a rematch in the Super Bowl. Good luck you guys.

How can you possibly be talking about the Super Bowl after the last few games? This is the most ridiculous thread since all the "19-0" threads in the preseason.
oh there's no harm in talking about it I think. I like thinking about it.. we are just fans that love the game. Being serious or stringent isn't going to change anything. Im not BB looking for advice or talking to Tom or Brees. Think we are doing what fans do, we love football and talking about it.
sorry if out of line
pretty sure any discussion on any forum won't change any teams season or outcum, might be wrong

Last edited:
would rather face one of the other teams

but we dont get "worried"

in BB we trust!!!!!

This thread has been quite an enjoyable read, but it's probably a bit premature.

I would love to face you guys in the Super Bowl. I have always felt that if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. But we have a lot to do before we can start talking Super Bowl.

We need to win our division this weekend against Tampa first. Then I really want to beat the Vikes if we get past the WC round. They are still whining about how we stole their 2009 SB win. Then there is the NFCCG to get through.

Here's hoping we can square off for a rematch in the Super Bowl. Good luck you guys.

Actually we are who we gun for. Don't think it is lost on me. SAINTS ARE Our enemy. Focus now is clearly on saints!

It'd be so cool if we could arrange to get all you Chicken Littles in one cage with all the Pink Hats for a Death Match. Fight to the Death!! :D

How ironic would it be, with all but a half dozen Super Bowls having been played in warm weather, if the first Super Bowl home field advantage wasn't until Super Bowl 52...and that it would be in the frozen tundra of Minnesota??
jester.gif

Maybe it's because most of the warm weather teams have sucked for a while.

How ironic would it be, with all but a half dozen Super Bowls having been played in warm weather, if the first Super Bowl home field advantage wasn't until Super Bowl 52...and that it would be in the frozen tundra of Minnesota??
jester.gif
I believe the AFC will nominally be the "home" team for Super Bowl, for purposes of choosing uni color and coin toss, so if MIN makes it could whoever the AFC team is also demand the "home" team's locker room and push Minny out?

And no chance for MVP lol, again, thanks for this I don't like to post Brees stats on this forum. He is always overlooked, plays with injuries like everyone else, and is the only reason the Saints are even considered to be a good team. He's not a TB, but a damn good QB, and a better QB than any in the NFC playoffs by a mile. You underestimate Brees in a playoff then you're making a mistake, just ask PM. He was just stuck with the worst defense in the NFL for years. The fact that he can remain so consistent is crazy.

but... lol

If I wanted to compare anybody with Brady at present in terms of some form of ongoing excellence, to me it would be Brees. Here, we'd point out that he ends up in shoot-outs -- but he's also statistically amazing, year in and year out. And he's got some "oomph" of his own and is the unquestioned leader of his team. Lulz about the title of the embedded video (of course,) but as we look around for "next big thing" candidates, it's always worth remembering that in the likes of Brees and Brady, we're looking at decades of excellence. I know I know, Carson Wentz was having an amazing season, pre-injury. I know, I know, Jimmy Garoppolo looks like the new face of SF... God bless 'em all, every one... but for right now I am still enjoying the best batch of QBs I've seen, and I include in that Marino/Montana/Elway/[minor successes like Kosar]. That batch was impressive because of how many came out of one draft. But this batch included TFB, Brees the statistical freak (but not ringless), Peyton Manning... "The man who actually was in the conversation," his brother "The Patriot killer who otherwise sucked..." (nobody will confuse him for ELIte except Giants fans, but great story line...) The Brady/Manning battle of the last decade overshadowed Brees' emergence. He was one of those "in between" guys, along with Rothlisberger - who's just plain limited by comparison.

I'm not sure how many Case Keenums and Carson Wentzes and Jimmy Gs we have to go through before something like our soon closing experience of recent years. We'll only know what those guys achieved many years from now.

But Brees is right up there in my book, in terms of (sorry this hurts) "giants in Tom's shadow." Don't worry about the metaphor... he really does block out the sun (Five rings and counting does that).

jester.gif

Maybe it's because most of the warm weather teams have sucked for a while.

Well, there's no question that being a cold weather team is an advantage. Just look at the Roll Call, so to speak, for Super Bowl appearances over the years. Dallas is the only warm weather team in the Top 10 for Super Bowl Victories!! :eek:

Mind you: Only 11 of the 32 teams are what I'd call "warm weather" teams, though you could argue that the allegedly "Los Angeles" Raiders were a 12th, for awhile. I don't buy it, but I like the 12/32 Fibonacci Ratio it produces. :D

But that should produce 3.75 Top Ten Super Bowl Victory teams, not 1...so, yeah: It's pretty compelling evidence of a Cold Climate Advantage.
39.gif

Even so: You'd've had a hard time convincing people of that back in the early days, when the Fish had 2 early Championships and the CowBoys were in the thick'f it every single year!! And there were ~ what? 6 warm weather teams, all told?

Of course: That was before Global Warming. :eek::D:p
devil_smiley_007.gif

Well, there's no question that being a cold weather team is an advantage. Just look at the Roll Call, so to speak, for Super Bowl appearances over the years. Dallas is the only warm weather team in the Top 10 for Super Bowl Victories!! :eek:

Mind you: Only 11 of the 32 teams are what I'd call "warm weather" teams, though you could argue that the allegedly "Los Angeles" Raiders were a 12th, for awhile. I don't buy it, but I like the 12/32 Fibonacci Ratio it produces. :D

But that should produce 3.75 Top Ten Super Bowl Victory teams, not 1...so, yeah: It's pretty compelling evidence of a Cold Climate Advantage.
39.gif

Even so: You'd've had a hard time convincing people of that back in the early days, when the Fish had 2 early Championships and the CowBoys were in the thick'f it every single year!! And there were ~ what? 6 warm weather teams, all told?

Of course: That was before Global Warming. :eek::D:p
devil_smiley_007.gif

Amazing, that'f the 4 current teams that won't even've been in any of 52 Super Bowls, the two oldest ones ~ by about 30-35 Super Bowl Era years, over the Jaguars and Planet Hoosten ~ are the Browns and the Lions!! :eek: Most fans'll doubtlessly find that unremarkable, but for those'f you who're either Historians or've been around for awhile or both ~ Kerr!! @Joker where you at?? ~ and know all about the amazing Rivalry that Paul Brown's Browns had with the Lions in the 50's...it's kind'f astonishing. o_O

If I wanted to compare anybody with Brady at present in terms of some form of ongoing excellence, to me it would be Brees. Here, we'd point out that he ends up in shoot-outs -- but he's also statistically amazing, year in and year out. And he's got some "oomph" of his own and is the unquestioned leader of his team. Lulz about the title of the embedded video (of course,) but as we look around for "next big thing" candidates, it's always worth remembering that in the likes of Brees and Brady, we're looking at decades of excellence. I know I know, Carson Wentz was having an amazing season, pre-injury. I know, I know, Jimmy Garoppolo looks like the new face of SF... God bless 'em all, every one... but for right now I am still enjoying the best batch of QBs I've seen, and I include in that Marino/Montana/Elway/[minor successes like Kosar]. That batch was impressive because of how many came out of one draft. But this batch included TFB, Brees the statistical freak (but not ringless), Peyton Manning... "The man who actually was in the conversation," his brother "The Patriot killer who otherwise sucked..." (nobody will confuse him for ELIte except Giants fans, but great story line...) The Brady/Manning battle of the last decade overshadowed Brees' emergence. He was one of those "in between" guys, along with Rothlisberger - who's just plain limited by comparison.

I'm not sure how many Case Keenums and Carson Wentzes and Jimmy Gs we have to go through before something like our soon closing experience of recent years. We'll only know what those guys achieved many years from now.

But Brees is right up there in my book, in terms of (sorry this hurts) "giants in Tom's shadow." Don't worry about the metaphor... he really does block out the sun (Five rings and counting does that).

I look at QuarterBacks somewhat differently from you, but've long since come to the same conclusion about Brees: I considered him Brady's nearest equal way back in 2004 and 2005, when the League was emerging from The Dead Ball Era.

Brees was always a terrific Field General and Chain Mover, one who developed into a major Fantasy FootBall QuarterBack, but whose Game never strayed from its fundamental roots...Brees was always outstanding at the little things which win Games...which is exactly what I've always said about The Great One.

I never see anyone as a version of somebody else, but I've always admired Brees.

Good argument about their passing game, but it's not the passing games that scare you that win Super Bowls ~ it's the ones that execute under pressure.

If you don't believe me, consider 2 words: Randy Moss. o_O

And then think about the 5 times we've won.

Scary? Nope. But stone cold effective. :cool:

As for Brees versus Newton, it's not even close.

Brees is an extraordinary Field General and a cold-blooded assassin who's already proven that he can overcome pressure and adversity to win a Super Bowl.

Newton is a pathetic, angry clown who's riding the coattails of the talent that he was blessed with. He doesn't love the game, he takes no pride in his work, and he doesn't give a rat's ass about winning, his teammates, or anyone.

With our defensive Front 6 having been decimated by personnel decisions over the last 2 Years, it'd be foolish of us to take Victory over anyone for granted, but I'd much rather face an idiotic jackass like Newton who doesn't work and isn't prepared.

You are correct that brees is better than Newton. However, Newton has a running ability that Brees does not have that always seems to get us when we are about to get off the field on 3rd down. There is a reason why we’ve beaten brees before but have lost to Newton a couple of times in the past few years.

You are correct that brees is better than Newton. However, Newton has a running ability that Brees does not have that always seems to get us when we are about to get off the field on 3rd down. There is a reason why we’ve beaten brees before but have lost to Newton a couple of times in the past few years.

We struggle with mobile QBs because we lack athleticism in the defensive front 7. Let's take a look at the probable NFC QBs in the playoff picture:

Foles
Keenum
Goff
Brees
Newton
Ryan
Wilson

Newton and Wilson are easily the most mobile out of that group.

Yeah, it's ridiculous for fans of by far the best team in the league to talk about the SB. Sheer insanity!

Tell us more about how the Bills will make the playoffs.

I just don't get the whole "worry about another team" thing when the Pats have won the last 2 out of 3 SBs and were a missed point from likely winning 3 SBs in a row.

Sorry just can't do the chicken little shtick. Now i'm not saying they can't lose, obviously they can. But i'm not gonna sit here and worry about other teams.

Last edited:

You talking about ridiculous threads, that's hilarious. You're the f**king king of ridiculous threads.

I'm not really sure some troll that joined in January 2017 should be questioning any fan who talks about the Super Bowl on here especially when it's something this team has been to 7 times in the last 16 seasons, won it 5 times and have won it 2 out of the last 3 seasons

Last edited:
You're probably right, but not if we both play our best game. They are solid, but we have a couple xfactures that are game changers.
OMG can you imagine how much Viking fans are going to hate us if we knock them out of SB again. yikes might be better to lose.

This is going to be a really good slate of playoff games, IMO.

I think it would be great! Pats gotta get there first!

It's surprising and a little disappointing that there hasn't been a Brady vs Brees or Brady vs Rodgers superbowl yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes