PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

Last year was pretty much the end of the line for me giving BB any type of free pass.

The sheer arrogance of going into a critical season for your second year quarterback without a veteran QB coach, offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, etc, etc, is just astounding and should have been a fire-able offense.
I’m curious why you would label that arrogance.

This is a flawed argument. What does those years have to do with 2023?

He gets all the credit for ALL his years. Not just the ones they were successful in.
You were talking about the blame for the 2020 cap situation.

You were talking about the blame for the 2020 cap situation.

Which is on Bill. If you're implying that it's impossible for them to be both winners while also not being in cap jail then that's just hogwash.

So Bill gets a reset year to tear it down that doesn't constitute as time served on the rebuild but he also doesn't take blame for the roster and the cap needed to be reset in the first place?

Man, he has it made.

Just because I like Kool-Aid doesn't mean I think Bill is infallible. I have disagreed with many of his moves over the years.

The team had to be torn down in 2000 because it was in cap and roster hell. And the team got there with nothing to show for it.

The team in 2020 was torn down but was not nearly in the 2000 condition. And it got there due in part to decisions that resulted in the last SB win against the Rams. I will take a reset year with those results.

If it makes you feel better, I think last year was the worst by Belichick in his Pats career. However, I choose to believe that is the exception and he will be back to form. And I do not believe there is someone better waiting in the wings. If that constitutes "giving him a pass" then I don't know what else to tell you.

I had always thought that a team three years into a rebuild should be showing progress by the end of the third season, progress being defined as a winning record, a pretty low bar. The Patriots obviously don't meet that standard, but I can give Belichick another year because of his past success. However, if I were Kraft and the Patriots come in at eight wins and nine losses (or worse) next season, I'd be looking for a new head coach. Great coaches can be fired. It happened to Tom Landry.

Honestly Bill is losing it. Signing Patricia/judge to coach offense first time in their life.

Now letting Meyers go for $11million. He gets one more year.

We are the only team that doesn't seem like we can keep free agents because we don't want to pay anyone.

Seems to me like time has passed him by. At least as a GM. As a coach he is still great

Right. So I disagree with that completely. Those were fun years. What a time to be alive.

You don't not get divorced because the first 10 years were awesome but the last last have been terrible.

I don't care about those years. I'm on to Cincinnati as Bill would say.
We are discussing the cap situation in 2020. Go ahead and blame him for all the success that created it.
But don’t be a fool and think that there was any way the rebuild started in 2020.

Which is on Bill. If you're implying that it's impossible for them to be both winners while also not being in cap jail then that's just hogwash.
I would say yes it is impossible to win 8 straight divisions, go to 8 straight afccg, 5 sbs, and win 3 of them without resulting cap issues for a year.
Every team that has ever done that ended up with a cap problem year. 100% of them.

It is extremely bizarre to see how many posters are losing it over not re-signing an average player in Meyers.

There's got to be a deeper meaning to this behavior and that is the Pats players don't want to be here anymore. No more "home town discounts".

Until all that's left is the green kind.

I’m curious why you would label that arrogance.
Are YOU serious with that reply?? If it wasn't arrogance, then it was sheer ignorance. I don't believe BB is stupid, so arrogance seems to be the best fit. Get out of here with that

I reached my breaking point last season. He is to blame for the offense last season. It really was inexcusable in my opinion. Patricia was the fall guy, but Bill either delegated which was a huge mistake or was integrally involved, which shows he's terrible at offensive schemes and play calling.
Well put!! what annoys me is coach won't confirm Mac as the QB, won't mention the coaching decisions made after he said put it on me if it doesn't work out.

I'm sure privately within the organization he has. I'm sure BB and Mac's relationship isn't where it should be however Mac's not to blame.

Legendary coaches not just players have ego's too!

This thread tells me exactly whose opinions are worth anything.

Spoiler: turns out, only mine are. :excited:

It is extremely bizarre to see how many posters are losing it over not re-signing an average player in Meyers.

There's got to be a deeper meaning to this behavior and that is the Pats players don't want to be here anymore. No more "home town discounts".

900 yard receivers are average now? Meyers is above average.
$11million for a move the chain receiver in 2023 is a good deal.

We gave Agholor $11million for nothing

Are YOU serious with that reply?? If it wasn't arrogance, then it was sheer ignorance. I don't believe BB is stupid, so arrogance seems to be the best fit. Get out of here with that
100% serious.
He expected OBrien to be here in 2023, and decided, as he has done for 30 years, that people he has experience with and trusts are the best people to give responsibility to. It didn’t work out well.

Arrogance would mean that after all of the success he has had, he just decided “eh f it coaching doesn’t matter”. That is far more ignorant than a bad decision.

We can love and appreciate BB for 20 years of legendary excellence, while still facing reality that his personnel decisions over the last 4 years have hurt the team. And, the Meyers deal is the most recent debacle.
It's yet to be seen if it can be redeemed by some important and needed talent acquisitions.

100% serious.
He expected OBrien to be here in 2023, and decided, as he has done for 30 years, that people he has experience with and trusts are the best people to give responsibility to. It didn’t work out well.

Arrogance would mean that after all of the success he has had, he just decided “eh f it coaching doesn’t matter”. That is far more ignorant than a bad decision.
Unbelievable that you are eating that whole. How do you know OBrien was supposed to be here last year? Serious MISCALCULATION by him if even true. So he just tosses the season by putting Bill and Ted in to fill Obriens spot? What experienced Leader uses hope as a strategy? With an NFL season on the line?? Come on man, really?

NVM, this is a troll job....you got me.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back