PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

We can love and appreciate BB for 20 years of legendary excellence, while still facing reality that his personnel decisions over the last 4 years have hurt the team. And, the Meyers deal is the most recent debacle.
It's yet to be seen if it can be redeemed by some important and needed talent acquisitions.
The truth will set everyone free.

It's seems thar BB is grooming Stevie to be and NFL HC.

The truth will set everyone free.

It's seems thar BB is grooming Stevie to be and NFL HC.
Based on what?

I think it's far more likely they hired Bill O'Brien with the promise to take over the big chair once BB breaks Shula's record. Maybe BB goes upstairs and stick around as an executive.

The sky fell 3 years ago.
The rebuild began three years ago.

They are one year behind with the 2022 offensive fiasco, but still look good in the big picture.

I would say yes it is impossible to win 8 straight divisions, go to 8 straight afccg, 5 sbs, and win 3 of them without resulting cap issues for a year.
Every team that has ever done that ended up with a cap problem year. 100% of them.

and yet, KC is replicating the success year for year. All the while actually paying their QB.

900 yard receivers are average now? Meyers is above average.
$11million for a move the chain receiver in 2023 is a good deal.

We gave Agholor $11million for nothing
So most complain that the Pats offense needs to get better, but don't seem to understand that the offense was fairly average when Meyers hogs all the targets. The offense actually was better when he wasn't the most targeted receiver. Save the money and apply towards another playmaker. We don't know what Bill has planed.

While overpaid, Agholor had better numbers and played on the outside in LV. Meyers is extremely limited slot guy.

I feel like these threads bring up points that have been discussed a million times with little to no update. Like it'd be one thing if there was a new development.

Also the framing of it as "When will fans have this emotional reaction" is just destined to make the discussion not really focus on developments, but constantly reframe, rehash, and repurpose old talking points.

I get we're in this off-season lull, but... Eh.

I mean even retitling the thread "What are your benchmarks for the 2023 season" and going into detail about how specific marks, if not being met, will put Bill in the hot seat big time. That invites discussion around those benchmarks.

and yet, KC is replicating the success year for year. All the while actually paying their QB.
You say that as if it is routine.

QUOTE="Wozzy, post: 6557433, member: 39285"]
Based on what?

I think it's far more likely they hired Bill O'Brien with the promise to take over the big chair once BB breaks Shula's record. Maybe BB goes upstairs and stick around as an executive.
[/QUOTE]
Based on BB stocking the defense to look good for the guy in charge of running it. Who looks better over the last few years? DC Stevie B that's who.

What if BOB loses to every team in the AfCE?

They are one year behind with the 2022 offensive fiasco, but still look good in the big picture.

lol right smack dab in the middle of the "rebuild" Belichick pulls an all time dummy move with Patricia as the OC, but on the bright side, we only lost one entire season of a 3-year rebuild. That's some hardcore rationalizing.

Based on BB stocking the defense to look good for the guy in charge of running it. Who looks better over the last few years? DC Stevie B that's who.

What if BOB loses to every team in the AfCE?
You're having some real issues with the reply button?

BB stocked the offense as well, he simply hired a moron to run it.

I suspect Obie was his guy all along, but Obie committed to Saban for two years and was sticking to that. BB probably thought he could get by for a season until Obie was free.

lol right smack dab in the middle of the "rebuild" Belichick pulls an all time dummy move with Patricia as the OC, but on the bright side, we only lost one entire season of a 3-year rebuild. That's some hardcore rationalizing.
2020 was the cap reset year, so they weren't getting better until 2021 anyhow.

In 2021 they made the playoffs with a rookie QB.

Who is sticking up for the Patricia hiring or saying it was smart... literally nobody.

It's 2023, they fixed their mistake... time to move on with our lives instead of moaning and whining.

Welcome to the annual "2 minutes into Free Agency and the sky is falling" thread.

You have to consider the source. Triumph claimed over 20 years ago that he would do a better job of running the Patriots than Belichick, and he was furious Belichick chose noodle armed clipboard holder Brady over the cannon arm #1 overall pick Bledsoe. And he’s been railing against Belichick ever since. I think he won his fantasy league sometime in the late 90’s, and that spurred his belief he knew better than Belichick.

Who is sticking up for the Patricia hiring or saying it was smart... literally nobody.

It's 2023, they fixed their mistake... time to move on with our lives instead of moaning and whining.

That will never happen. The miserable will always be miserable. If being the greatest Dynasty in NFL history didn’t change it nothing will.

You say that as if it is routine.

It appears as if it's starting to be. Just need the best QB in the league and it essentially assured you top 4 finish apparently.

This is exactly how I see it. And I fully expect Belichick to be aggressive in getting them back to real contender status. The AFC is loaded, so it’s going to be a major challenge for them.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back