PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

Slightly OT:
Why doesn't WR coach Troy Brown receive more criticism?

More assets have been deployed to fortify his ranks in the past 3 years yet only Meyers has shown any progression.
Brown's success % is Jackie Bradley-esque
Beloved Pats player - pretty simple. Also the buck stops with BB. Too many issues to sweat the small stuff like position coaches lol

This reminds me of Winston Churchill leading Britian through WW2, then getting dumped right after the war ended.
No - you are thinking of what Bill did to Brady

Beloved Pats player - pretty simple. Also the buck stops with BB. Too many issues to sweat the small stuff like position coaches lol
No - you are thinking of what Bill did to Brady

You've just made six posts in a row (and counting). You can reply to multiple others in one post to save yourself and others time/trouble. See how this works? :)

You've just made six posts in a row (and counting). You can reply to multiple others in one post to save yourself and others time/trouble. See how this works? :)
Thanks - don't know how!

Reactions: Ian
That worked because he has best QB that elevated players, delivered in the clutch and made players want to play here.

You can build a team of depth and win. Without that you need elite talent at certain positions.

As someone else sais BB is a great coach who will get you at worst 6 or 7 wins and that will keep us from having ability to draft a high QB prospect. Ironic!
It worked because he built the best teams. QBs don’t win by themselves

It worked because he built the best teams. QBs don’t win by themselves
Shouldn't have any issue building the best team again, then. Only team aside from the Bears that's top 5 in cap space in 2023, 2024 and 2025, more draft capital than they've had in about 15 years... He did it six times before and the QB is just a piece, right? Go put a contender around Mac Jones.

Good point. 2003 was then the 2002team maturing plus a few key pieces added.

The 2003 & 2004 Patriots had quite a bit of talent, You can’t compare the talent of the 2003 Patriots to what we currently have for 2023. Hopefully a good draft & a key free agent will help, but you cannot compare this rebuild with championship teams

Shouldn't have any issue building the best team again, then. Only team aside from the Bears that's top 5 in cap space in 2023, 2024 and 2025, more draft capital than they've had in about 15 years... He did it six times before and the QB is just a piece, right? Go put a contender around Mac Jones.
That’s what he’s working on. Year 1 in 2021 was a nice start, last year was a step back, like most teams take in a rebuild. Everything is in place.

And by the way “shouldn’t have any issue building the best team again” is extremely dismissive of the level of competition you face to do that. Being the best of 32 isn’t “no issue”.

Last edited:
The 2003 & 2004 Patriots had quite a bit of talent, You can’t compare the talent of the 2003 Patriots to what we currently have for 2023. Hopefully a good draft & a key free agent will help, but you cannot compare this rebuild with championship teams
We will see.
2022 defense was better than the 2002 defense.
We will see what is added.

2003 offense had weak running game, not a lot of weapons, a 23 td/ 12 int Qb
and an OL of Light, a rookie C, and a slew of castoffs.

Thanks - don't know how!

Just hit the reply button to everyone on the same page you want to respond to. Their posts will line up on top of each other so you can address all in one post.

2022 defense was better than the 2002 defense.
We will see what is added.

2003 offense had weak running game, not a lot of weapons, a 23 td/ 12 int Qb
and an OL of Light, a rookie C, and a slew of castoffs.

2003 had a much better OL
Light
Woody
Koppen
Andruzzi
Ashworth

Receivers
Branch & Brown are at least as good was what we got now.

2023 Better RB

TE - Call it a draw

QB can’t touch Brady

Defense - I will take 2003 any day of the week
DL
Ted Washington was a beast in 2003
Richard Seymore
Bobby Hamilton
Willie McGinest
LB
Bruschi
Vrabel
Pfifer

DB
Law
Poole
Harrison
Wilson

I would love to see something really good happen to the 2023 team to revisit this, but I don’t see it this year

Last edited:
They had Brady & Branch on offense
Bruschi
Ty Law

Light
Woody
Koppen
Andruzzi
Ashworth

Receivers

I will give the 2023 RB

TE - Call it a draw

QB can’t touch Brady

DL
Richard Seymore
Bobby Hamilton
Willie McGinest
LB
Bruschi
Vrabel
Pfifer

DB
Law
Poole
Harrison
Wilson
Branch was a 2nd year player who caught 57 passes. Brady 2003 half 23 Td 12ints. He wasn’t 2016 Brady.

2023 OL has every chance to be better than 2003.

2003 Brown caught 40 passes.

As I said the 2022 defense was better than the 2002 defense so we will see what they add and how it turns out.

The 2003 team improved by 5 wins from 2002 with very few additions.

Thanks - don't know how!
Hit this button:

1678845750329.png
and then this one:

1678845772661.png

And you can insert whatever replies into the box and then post your reply right beneath each one :)

Ian

Light
Woody
Koppen
Andruzzi
Ashworth

Receivers

2023 Better RB

TE - Call it a draw

QB can’t touch Brady

DL
Richard Seymore
Bobby Hamilton
Willie McGinest
LB
Bruschi
Vrabel
Pfifer

DB
Law
Poole
Harrison
Wilson

I would love to see something really good happen to the 2023 team to revisit this, but I don’t see it this year
Ted Washington and Seymour together was pretty dominant - definitely agree there :)

I hold Belichick to the same standard he applies to his players. And by that standard, he should be gone.

What the hell is THIS supposed to mean?

I'm beginning to wonder if a new crazy pill has hit the market I'm not aware of; if there's a full moon tonight, or this latest winter blast has pushed folks over the edge.

It's called I hate Bill, he got rid of Tommy! He was supposed to pass Russell, Orr, Bird as the #1 legend, yet he was the first to bail on the team, town, and coach he "respects". BBs window shut the minute Brady tampered his exit with Cryami. Makes me wonder how much BB knew before the 2019 season started.

Truth is you can't work the reply button, I had to copy/paste your comment into the body of my reply after finding it randomly.
My PF account has been acting up. The powers that be dont like threads or folks posting anti unicorns and rainbows in the near future.

Thanks to all your hard work though.
Based on what?

You cant figure our how the defense gets all the attention?
Bama ranked #1 in the SEC in 2021 and #2 in 2022 in scoring... if you are any indicator, there's a whole bunch of clueless entitled fans out there who don't know much except how to complain.
College ball has nothing in common with the Pros.

Its been eons since a NCAA HC transitioned to the NFL and was successful.

It's called I hate Bill, he got rid of Tommy! He was supposed to pass Russell, Orr, Bird as the #1 legend, yet he was the first to bail on the team, town, and coach he "respects". BBs window shut the minute Brady tampered his exit with Cryami. Makes me wonder how much BB knew before the 2019 season started.
Bargain basement Bill ran the talent on offense dry. Bradys last season in 2019 NE saw a clown show at WR.

Brady was getting up in years and needed stud talent at WR. Brady took less money in NE to pay for good players. I dont blame Brady for leaving NE. BB wanted Brady out.

Dorsett - Hilarious that Bill tried to sign this bust back up. During one game in 2019, Brady came off the field and stated that Dorsett ran the wrong route or didn't know the play after all this time. Dorsett was a 1st round bust sitting on the Colts bench. Brissett was traded for him.

Kneal Harry - Dumb and slow is no way to go through life.

Josh Gordon - Here was a guy who could have been mentioned with the Randy Mosses of the world. He was that good.

Edelman was the only guy who delivered consistently, but IIRC he got hurt at the end of the season.

Still Brady won 12 games like normal.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back