PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

IBWT should have had many defectors after the 2015 season. Belichick royally botched that season after the 10-0 start. He screwed it up so badly that we ended up losing to a completely finished Peyton Manning in Denver. The series of Belichick blunders to keep that AFCCG out of Foxboro are astonishing.

IBWT should have been dead and buried after Super Bowl 52. The worst coaching decision in the history of the Super Bowl. Belichick cost the team another Lombardi. If that didn't shake your trust then nothing will.

Belichick is an all-time great head coach but he's made some really bad season altering decisions. He's an average GM who's had some really bleak offseasons (particularly drafts). I know Belichick likely isn't going anywhere until he decides he's ready but a sure sign that he's lost his fastball is the team's December and onward record over the last 4 seasons: 8-15 (0-2 in the postseason). His teams are consistently getting worse by the end of the season. That's not a sign of good coaching.
yeah, that was in the middle of a 3-rings-in-5 years run, where the other 2 years were a last minute AFCC game loss and a last minute SB loss (virtually no coach has won 3 SB's, but ours has done it twice). So I guess some mistakes were made in 2015 and 2017, and in other years where we were good enough to have won it all but didn't. But he's won 6 SB's, appeared in 9, and probably 13 AFC title games. Who in history is even remotely close to those numbers?

And now we're in a 3-year .500 stretch with a team that stumbled last year but is still promising. Fans can be demanding, but there's a reason that teams don't dominate year after year after year like we did for so long. Some patience is in order.

Reactions: Ian
He's also 70 years old, 71 before this season begins. It's not unheard of for a coach to just...lose it. As much as some dislike Shula, he was an excellent coach. And even he lost his edge.

This is exactly how I see it. And I fully expect Belichick to be aggressive in getting them back to real contender status. The AFC is loaded, so it’s going to be a major challenge for them.
They have to ramp it up in free agency, I hope the Calvin Anderson signing is the first domino to fall.

They were in on Dalton Risner as well supposedly, and he is a slightly higher ticket item in terms of money. They need to get after it.

It appears as if it's starting to be. Just need the best QB in the league and it essentially assured you top 4 finish apparently.
No one has ever done it before.

Just Brady and Patrick over the course of the last 13 years combined.
No one except the patriots have won 8 straight divisions, gone to 8 straight ccgs, 5 Sbs and won 3

No one except the patriots have won 8 straight divisions, gone to 8 straight ccgs, 5 Sbs and won 3

You're just being obtuse. I said KC is well on their way. Way closer than apparently you're willing to admit.

Either way, none of that excuses the fact that Bill hadn't built a Superbowl contender in 3 years.

You live in the past, I'll focus on 2023.

Unbelievable that you are eating that whole. How do you know OBrien was supposed to be here last year? Serious MISCALCULATION by him if even true. So he just tosses the season by putting Bill and Ted in to fill Obriens spot? What experienced Leader uses hope as a strategy? With an NFL season on the line?? Come on man, really?

NVM, this is a troll job....you got me.
What was the alternative? Who was he going to hire?
It is pretty clear OBrien was coming here because he did.
So faced with the option of bringing someone in from the outside for a year, or doing what he has spent his career being successful doing and giving responsibility to someone he trusts who knows how he does things, he chose that. Not really that hard to see unless you are wearing blinders.

You're just being obtuse. I said KC is well on their way. Way closer than apparently you're willing to admit.

Either way, none of that excuses the fact that Bill hadn't built a Superbowl contender in 3 years.

You live in the last, I'll focus on 2023.
Has KC done it? No. So my point stands, and that point was the consequence of doing that was a year of cap issues and a rebuild. Not a bad trade.
I’ll take the last 11 years of the patriots over any one else’s.

You're having some real issues with the reply button?
Nope

Ive always spoke the truth.
BB stocked the offense as well, he simply hired a moron to run it.
Since Brady left, the NE Defense has been the focal point.

I suspect Obie was his guy all along, but Obie committed to Saban for two years and was sticking to that. BB probably thought he could get by for a season until Obie was free.
Funny how Bama fans were so glad to see BOB change jobs.

Has KC done it? No. So my point stands, and that point was the consequence of doing that was a year of cap issues and a rebuild. Not a bad trade.
I’ll take the last 11 years of the patriots over any one else’s.

Even with all those successful years Brady wasn't able to maintain his job so I'm wondering why Bill belichick isn't getting The same treatment. We're on the year four and I think things are going to get tight for him

Nope

Ive always spoke the truth.
Truth is you can't work the reply button, I had to copy/paste your comment into the body of my reply after finding it randomly.
Since Brady left, the NE Defense has been the focal point.
Based on what?
Funny how Bama fans were so glad to see BOB change jobs.
Bama ranked #1 in the SEC in 2021 and #2 in 2022 in scoring... if you are any indicator, there's a whole bunch of clueless entitled fans out there who don't know much except how to complain.

I'm ready for a new GM. BB's a better coach than a GM. And most of the mistakes last 3 seasons, including letting Brady walk, the gargantuan contracts for mediocre talents and other stuff, were GM mistakes. As a coach, I couldn't find too much faults. He worked with what he had.

Your argument is the most successful coach/gm ever is now wrong because he continues to want to operate in the way that brought that success, and you think, from your distant point of view, that things have changed?
I don't mind people saying whatever but this absurd delusion that nothing changed needs to stop.

Best player ever at most important position no longer around - so yes things have changed.

I don't mind people saying whatever but this absurd delusion that nothing changed needs to stop.

Best player ever at most important position no longer around - so yes things have changed.
Rosters always change. I am referring to how to build a team.

Rosters always change. I am referring to how to build a team.
That worked because he has best QB that elevated players, delivered in the clutch and made players want to play here.

You can build a team of depth and win. Without that you need elite talent at certain positions.

As someone else sais BB is a great coach who will get you at worst 6 or 7 wins and that will keep us from having ability to draft a high QB prospect. Ironic!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back