PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

Did you think Brady would lead the Patriots to a SB championship in 2001? Did you give them a chance down 10 to the Legion of Boom in SB 49? 28-3... how were you feeling at that moment? Did the 2018 team look like a SB winner?

Let me guess... you had the Bucs winning the Super Bowl in 2020?

Brady gave every one of his teams a chance every single season of his entire career.
He won because he was part of a great team. He would not have been part of a great team here in 20,21,22.
He couldn’t win in 19. Had they kept him they couldn’t have improved the team in 20. That’s a fact. And in 21 they would have had 50 mill less to spend than they did building that team.

All that was lost was sentimental

Did you think Brady would lead the Patriots to a SB championship in 2001?
No, but I was just happy they were competitive.
Did you give them a chance down 10 to the Legion of Boom in SB 49?
Yes.
28-3... how were you feeling at that moment?
That it was going to end in a blowout.
Did the 2018 team look like a SB winner?
No.
Let me guess... you had the Bucs winning the Super Bowl in 2020?
Yes.

Are you telling me you think they would have won the SB in 20,21, or 22? Of course not. So what was lost by Brady leaving?
Your nose is firmly attached to BBs rectum. Come up for air.

I have to go over this again? If Brady's STAYS then BB is out. Over the last 3 seasons, there has been 1 winning season and NO POSTSEASON wins. If the Jets get Rodgers then those 2 wins are gone.

I know you are on the ropes when you revert to your tired old made up Maroney argument. It’s your way of admitting defeat.
Nope, your positions are always a joke.

Always wrong too.

2001 to 2019, excluding 2008.
Jesus... you asked me since the rebuild began why they haven't been good after thanksgiving.... and now you bring up Brady.

Dude... the obsession is downright creepy at this point. If you can't stick to topic, please stop responding.

giphy.gif

Patriot players on the current roster that I consider an asset: Judon, Uche, Bentley, Barmore, Godchaux, Wise, Dugger, Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones, Juju, Parker, Bourne, Henry, Rhamondre, Andrews, Onwenu, Zappe, and Schooler... did I miss anyone obvious?
Asset... what does that even mean?

Trent Brown made a Pro Bowl, Mac was an alternate, Zappe put up an exceptional season as a part time starter, Cole Strange looks like a future Pro Bowl guard, Devante Parker is no easy cover and a physical presence outside, Kevin Harris and Pierre Strong are talented and looked good in limited snaps on a bad offense, Tyquan looked amazing in camp, good in spurts and is supremely talented, Jennings looks good but is pinned behind Judon, Jalen Mills is a sold #2 CB... they also have some young potential on the bench in Kody Russey, Jack Jones, Rodney Randle, Josh Bledsoe,Brad Hawkins.

They can improve mightily in areas, they have 11 draft picks, plenty of cap space and 23 open roster spots currently.

Updated list of Patriot's needs IMO:

TE, big CB, OT, FS, P…

... secondary needs WR, QB, LB, RB, DT.

They have a lot of time and resources to improve before week one.

Your nose is firmly attached to BBs rectum. Come up for air.

I have to go over this again? If Brady's STAYS then BB is out. Over the last 3 seasons, there has been 1 winning season and NO POSTSEASON wins. If the Jets get Rodgers then those 2 wins are gone.

Nope, your positions are always a joke.

Always wrong too.
Wait. You think Belichick was going to be fired? And THAT would have produced a SB? Dude you are in crack.

Jesus... you asked me since the rebuild began why they haven't been good after thanksgiving.... and now you bring up Brady.

Dude... the obsession is downright creepy at this point. If you can't stick to topic, please stop responding.

giphy.gif

Asset... what does that even mean?

Trent Brown made a Pro Bowl, Mac was an alternate, Zappe put up an exceptional season as a part time starter, Cole Strange looks like a future Pro Bowl guard, Devante Parker is no easy cover and a physical presence outside, Kevin Harris and Pierre Strong are talented and looked good in limited snaps on a bad offense, Tyquan looked amazing in camp, good in spurts and is supremely talented, Jennings looks good but is pinned behind Judon, Jalen Mills is a sold #2 CB... they also have some young potential on the bench in Kody Russey, Jack Jones, Rodney Randle, Josh Bledsoe,Brad Hawkins.

They can improve mightily in areas, they have 11 draft picks, plenty of cap space and 23 open roster spots currently.

Updated list of Patriot's needs IMO:

TE, big CB, OT, FS, P…

... secondary needs WR, QB, LB, RB, DT.

They have a lot of time and resources to improve before week one.
Needs are OT, LB, P backup TE. Everything else is a want. All other positions have capable players, that could be upgraded. The needs have to be filled but the best resources (highest picks, biggest $$) should be used on the best players and they will upgrade their areas.

Brady won in Tampa.

Its time breath oxygen in lieu of BBs flatulence.
Not with the team he would have had here.
He didn’t come close in 19 and the level of talent decreased in 20. It had to due to FA, cap and opt outs.

Needs are OT, LB, P backup TE. Everything else is a want. All other positions have capable players, that could be upgraded. The needs have to be filled but the best resources (highest picks, biggest $$) should be used on the best players and they will upgrade their areas.
TE isn't a backup need, it's a dire need. This team doesn't have a fullback on the roster, which means they'll want to run some two TE sets... they need another TE or two. It's a pretty deep draft for the position though, so I could see them going TE in the second or third. Until they sign Gesicki, this hasn't changed.

OT has somewhat been addressed, it's still a massive need considering Trent Brown is a free agent after this season.

Another big CB or two is also not a want, they just lost McCourty. They need another big CB besides Mills. They need to add here.

They need a punter... right?

Hunter Henry is going to be a free agent next offseason, Bentley, Duggar, Folk, Uche, Jennings, Onwenu also... you can't just look at this season, you need to look ahead.

TE isn't a backup need, it's a dire need. This team doesn't have a fullback on the roster, which means they'll want to run some two TE sets... they need another TE or two. It's a pretty deep draft for the position though, so I could see them going TE in the second or third. Until they sign Gesicki, this hasn't changed.

OT has somewhat been addressed, it's still a massive need considering Trent Brown is a free agent after this season.

Another big CB or two is also not a want, they just lost McCourty. They need another big CB besides Mills. They need to add here.

They need a punter... right?

Hunter Henry is going to be a free agent next offseason, Bentley, Duggar, Folk, Uche, Jennings, Onwenu also... you can't just look at this season, you need to look ahead.
I’m talking about needs this season. Henry is the TE. The backup TE would be the 2nd TE if they use 2 TEs
I’m fine with the secondary if upgrading other areas more results in going with what’s on the roster.

He won because he was part of a great team. He would not have been part of a great team here in 20,21,22.
He couldn’t win in 19. Had they kept him they couldn’t have improved the team in 20. That’s a fact. And in 21 they would have had 50 mill less to spend than they did building that team.

Only thing that probably would have changed was a winning season during the Cam season. Aka not much.

I’m talking about needs this season. Henry is the TE. The backup TE would be the 2nd TE if they use 2 TEs
I’m fine with the secondary if upgrading other areas more results in going with what’s on the roster.
You can't roll with one TE and no FB, especially with Hunter Henry's injury history. This team has some pressing needs.

Great team went 18 years without a playoff win and was 7-9 the year before he got there. I am not suer about 2020 but 2019 the pats were 12-4 with a mess at receiver, way way way bigger mess than they had last year. 2021 they had a top 5 defense weapons, great run game....Yeah Brady could have won the superbowl with that because he has. When Brady left all that BS of the patriots way and we make players better went with him. I have seen Brady win superbowls with worse teams than 2021.

Not with the team he would have had here.
He didn’t come close in 19 and the level of talent decreased in 20. It had to due to FA, cap and opt outs.
Its truly old holding your hand and spelling everything out so that you can understand.

With BB out, the WR finally gets fixed. BB drafted 2 useless TEs in 2020 then had to fix the mess with Jonnu and Henry.

Again, somebody else is doing the drafting and FA moves. Kraft openly trashed those years of BB drafting, but you continue to repeat that same lies.
He couldn’t win in 19.
No TE and a clown show at WR.
Had they kept him they couldn’t have improved the team in 20. That’s a fact.
Wow, the PATS had no draft picks? Good info as usual from you.
And in 21 they would have had 50 mill less to spend than they did building that team.

Theres always a way to create more cap space.

Great team went 18 years without a playoff win and was 7-9 the year before he got there. I am not suer about 2020 but 2019 the pats were 12-4 with a mess at receiver, way way way bigger mess than they had last year. 2021 they had a top 5 defense weapons, great run game....Yeah Brady could have won the superbowl with that because he has. When Brady left all that BS of the patriots way and we make players better went with him. I have seen Brady win superbowls with worse teams than 2021.
The team that played in 2020 had nothing to do with the team that played 18 years ago.
The 2021 patriot team as constructed wouldn’t have existed if 50 million had been spent on Brady in 20 and 21. It was built in free agency largely with those dollars.
This is where this discussion goes off the tracks and becomes distant from reality.

Again, somebody else is doing the drafting and FA moves. Kraft openly trashed those years of BB drafting, but you continue to repeat that same lies.

No TE and a clown show at WR.

Wow, the PATS had no draft picks? Good info as usual from you.

Theres always a way to create more cap space.
who is this genius that you were going to hire after you fired the GOAT and he was going to be the guy who let us overcome the idiot who won 6 SBs?

There isn’t a way to create 50 million in cap space in the situation they were in. Otherwise every team would just do it and add 50 million more in players every year.

You can't roll with one TE and no FB, especially with Hunter Henry's injury history. This team has some pressing needs.
I didn’t say “roll with 1 TE” I said you have a starter and a backup. We have the starter. We need the backup.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back